Star Trek Federation vs. the Cylons, who would win?

starcrunch

Have to play devil advocates I like the fed but cylons would win overall. Only a few post have given the Cylons their proper respect. They are not some invading horde. They sit back analyze the situation and figure out the best plan of attack. If they were just straight conquerers caprica should not have had a 40 years of peace. The cylons would come to the alpha quadrant, but before they would get here they would sum up the oppositon.

I am sure there are a ton of ships, sub space comstations, colonies, and research vessels the cylons would encounter. This theory is working on the premise that they fail to go through the beta, gamma or delta quads. As we know the species there a quick to shoot first and ask questions later. Now the cylons, would get here and the feds would open communcation to as a show of good faith. The feds would call them primitive because the cylons are using communiction which I assume is runs on radio. And we all know that the feds have to look in the historhy books just to figure out how to recieve a radio signal. The cylons would see that their technology is primitive and would just sit back and assimilate their technology. Hell they might even mess up and let Data be an ambassodor to the cylons. Now I see possibilites the cylons come here and just intergrate in the fed society on their own world. I am sure there a ton of planets uninhabited. They are robots they dont need an m class planet to live on. 2nd option they get here assimliate the tech and take out the feds. Ultimatetly the cylons would be taken out. I know the Tal Shi'ar is keeping constant tabs on the feds. Once they see that the feds have been taken over by the cylons, they would attack them. The Romulans would call the Klingons, Cardassians, the dominion, and any other race. The war between these quadrants would leave the victor open to the Borg.

*.* now if I was a enterprise writer. A rogue Chrononaut would come back in time warn the Enterprise of the Cylon threat. The Enterprise would unleash fury of thunder the cylons have never seen before thus making them a footnote in history.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's another thing... all ofour speculation are are BASED on BSG tech.

Batllestar Galactica... and remember... Galactica is a primitive ship even by the colonial standard.

The ACTUAL advanced colonial ships never got a chance to show their abilities and MOST of the CYLON abilities are still hidden.

It's pretty clear that BSG is alive NOT because they r all badass... BUT 'cause the Cylons are experimenting with them... like mices.

Then...

When the Cylons come to Federation... they are not just going INVADE like the idiots from Independence Day.

They are going to send in the human cylons... infiltrate the human ranks... learn about their tech... find out that the Talshi'ar are a threat... infiltrate them. Slowly... VERY slowly learn everything and attack the way they attacked the Colonials.

Shut down their defences.

PLUS

The entire FEDERATION has about 3000+ ships... sure more advanced... but are you saying that CYLONS have less !? The FED ships have difficulty shooting down high maneuvarable Dominion fighters... the Cylon raiders are 3 times more maneuvarable and faster.

Plus... remember another thing... all the FED ships have DEFLECTORS and SHIELDS tht makes them so tough... CYLONS dont... and even without them their small raiders and ship can stand atospheric re-entry... cosmic rays and debris and dust and their bullets can penetrate those hulls

Now imagine multiple shots of those on 1 FED ship by 10 - 20 cylon raiders.

Fine the FED ships fire phasers... but they'll barely be able to lock on... they fire photon torpedoes... which are worse guided than our modern missles.

The Cylons have heavy warhead missiles which barely miss their targets.

BUT

1 good thing though... the FEDS have transporters... they can transport a heavy yield photon or even quantum torpedo to any Cylon capital ship... like the Daedulus did in Atlantis and blow them up.

I've thought this through and I think that all it would take would be one federation starship to annihilate the whole cylon fleet, say the Entterprise E for example. I truly don't think the Cylons could penetrate the shields fast enough before the Enterprise pulled out a can-o-whup ass.

As far as universes go, I thought it might be interesting to expound upon the idea of the colonial fleet running into, say Voyager or something way out in the void. I truly believe that the technologies are severely mismatched in favor of the fedreration.

Why would the Federation attack the Cylons without provocation?

quick question does anyone know just how far the BSG ships can jump in a single go an it seems to be very accrrate to IE jumping into the orbit of a planet. the cylons would if the federation ships were more powerfull just attack their home planets with nukes jump a few thousand raiders into the orbit of every planet they can find an nuke them all coz those little fighters carry nukes an can jump too

If the Cylons could penetrate the Federation computer systems, it'd be a tough fight. Probably, they could take hold of some Federation worlds, but, in the long run, I suppose the Federation would adapt to their tactics and prevail with its superior technology and vast resources.

quick question does anyone know just how far the BSG ships can jump in a single go an it seems to be very accrrate to IE jumping into the orbit of a planet. the cylons would if the federation ships were more powerfull just attack their home planets with nukes jump a few thousand raiders into the orbit of every planet they can find an nuke them all coz those little fighters carry nukes an can jump too

jump into orbit with a couple of nukes???

wot about orbital defence???

(u know un-manned deffence sats, clocked too :) )

I've thought this through and I think that all it would take would be one federation starship to annihilate the whole cylon fleet, say the Entterprise E for example. I truly don't think the Cylons could penetrate the shields fast enough before the Enterprise pulled out a can-o-whup ass.

As far as universes go, I thought it might be interesting to expound upon the idea of the colonial fleet running into, say Voyager or something way out in the void. I truly believe that the technologies are severely mismatched in favor of the fedreration.

To protect the Colonials.

You mean they would violate the Prime Directive, the most sacred principle of the Federation?

You mean they would violate the Prime Directive, the most sacred principle of the Federation?

of course they would' date=' if it was a matter of life or death for the federation citizens[/quote']But it's not. The 12 Colonies are not part of the federation. Their default in this situation is always diplomacy and negotiation.

of course they would' date=' if it was a matter of life or death for the federation citizens[/quote']But it's not. The 12 Colonies are not part of the federation. Their default in this situation is always diplomacy and negotiation.

humm i think the prime doesn't allow genocide... which is wot it would look like from the the feds piont of view???

come to think of it whats the point in this wasn't in the film bsg1980, where they said that glactica foung earth but it was 1980!!!! the fed didn't even exist then.... come to think of it niether did I.... :p

oopppss!!!

I was referring to a situation where the Colonials would ask for asylum with the federation, the feds would have no alternative but to eliminate the cylons, because the cylons would attack no matter what.

But maybe the federation would jst choose not to get in the middle of it, the point is moot though don''t you think cus the feds could still wipe out the Cylons with minimal effort.

The federation has transporters, they could probably just set up a sort of transporter network, sucking up raiders, cylons – humans, cylons – cylons, other ships and depositing them directly into a sun, gas giant (with an uber gravitational field) or even a back hole :3 ... either that or begin transporting and just empty out the buffers.

The federation has shields / deflectors. If they’re able to deflect small rocks up to pretty decent sized chunks, while traveling towards them at high sub light/warp speeds, then I think they can deflect bullets, phasers could probably target the nuclear warheads and disable/destroy them.

The federation has a number of allies, some of which may have in their past, or even currently fight the same way they do in BSG, with a mixture of fighters and capital ships, they would no doubt help the federation look back in history to come up with some uber fighters.

The cylons can however adapt, and they have immense numbers.