8472 vs Replicators

Tenebrae

As I suggested it, I thought I'd put up the thread...

Just who would win between the wholly organic, psychic creepy aliens and the wholly technological evil mechano set from hell?

I think that this is probably the hardest question to resolve - the two sides are just totally different.

8472 can destroy planets pretty easily but could replicators infiltrate their ships?

When I say inflitrate I mean, get on their ships and turn them into more replicators...

Replicators have shown a great deal of resilience to energy weapons, so it's unclear as to whether even uber powerful weapons like 8472 would affect them.

Ok... cool topic... DAMN you for making it before me TENEBRAE.

Ok... honestly... I cant decide.

Replicators might be able to teleport into their ships... but then wht !? They CAN'T MAKE other baby Replicators other skin and tissues !!

On top of that... Species 8472 is all biological... sooo throwing large chunks of their super cells as bio warheads is not going to help there.

Their energy weapons won't have much effect on the replicators. Simply 'cause they have NEVER shown the replicators to be damaged by energy weapons. So saying they can't be hurt is much more concrete and canon than 8472's weapons are more powerful than wht the replicators can take.

I just remembered 1 important thing tht THOR mentioned. Replicators developed the ability to absorb any energy fired at them and use it.

What else !?... 8472 are telepathic... wait tht doesnt' help in anyway.

Replicators are be hurt by bullets... wait... tht doesn't help either.

Ok I give up... I say draw.

Uhhh... topic like these are good for the brain that seeks out new challenges and boldly thinks what others have thought way before.

Btw... you never said WHY n HOW 8472 wins.

I don't see anyway for them to win... nor anyway for the REPLICATORS to win.

Since 8472's ships are organic in nature, I think the replicators are at a serious disadvantage since their usual tactics will definately not work on them...

I AM curious how powerful a repli_8472 would be... :)

I still would gamble on 8472 winning, even when combatting repli_8472's because of their telepatic capabilities...

I think it has to be accepted that a human form replicator is pretty much going to own anything from Star Trek below those Transwarp Earth Reptiles in the episode... Distant Origin?

Mechano replicators were only vulnerable to kinetic impacts - although they never actually elaborate on whether those blocks become inactive or simply need to be stuck together, I assume they're just unable to form a coherent unit after being shot.

Anyway, human form replicators are pretty much indestructible.

I still don't get the basis on which people are saying the 8472 will win !?

Sure the REPLICATORS can't beat them... but how the heck are THEY [8472] is suppose to beat the REPLICATORS !?

Lasltly... I've heard numerous mention of the telepathic ability of the 8472 and please enlighten us the dumb ones as to HOW that helps in fighting with a mehcanical enemy whose mind you cannot read.

Replicators would eventually win.

They wouldnt be able to Eat and make more replicators out of the biological components of the 8472 but Hey they have a lot of snack to munch on in the ST universe. so theyll just eat the borg the federation and then come back and fight the 8472. since 8472 must mine and make their weapons and ships not just eat someone elses (and improve upon) it would take them longer to heal from the initial attack.

And remember their ability to enhance the absorbed tech.

but seriously...

neither can beat the other here. 8472 can't go around stepping every replicator and going "8472 SMASH"

WOW... wait... just found out something very interesting.

REPLICATORS can eat or atleast DISSOLVE any object... regardless how tough they are. The ANUBIS super-soldiers had virtually invulnarable armours that the REPLICATORS could chew... sooo its very possible that the replicators can dissoolve their hulls n skins to destroy them... if they can't use them.

Lastly... REPLICATORS can also inject nanobots into them...like VOYAGER did.

I've heard numerous mention of the telepathic ability of the 8472 and please enlighten us the dumb ones as to HOW that helps in fighting with a mehcanical enemy whose mind you cannot read.

It helps them, because it allows them to coödinate their efforts a lot more efficiently. It doesn't help them do any direct damage of course.

Ok... how does that even make sense !? Energy is energy...

It's not like their laws of physic is different... if it was there won't BE any point for the Borgs to assimilate them and 8472 won't have survived in our galalxy.

Actually, their basic laws of physics DO have to be at least slightly different, because if they aren't, fluïdic space cannot exist, obviously (according to the storylines) they do exist, so their laws of physics (in their universe) differ from ours!