Dominion Vrs. Brog

GhostShadow

yea. LAST TIME, FRIGGIN FED SHIPS ARE SCIENCE SHIPS. NO WONDER THEY GOT MASSACURED.

If you read the Dominion War books, The Dominion has some pretty cool shjt up their sleves too. They started to reseach this metal that can only be found in black hole. it is stong enough to force and keep oven a rift in space ( an artifical Worm hole. )

I dont know what it is called off the top of my head but its so hard to get that the Federation only has about an ounce of the stuff. The Dominion got enough to make a worm hole. that should be atestiment to Dominion inginuety.

• Replies 251
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Fed's, klingons and romulans could destroy the Dominion, they are no match for the borg. They just can't win, they have no technological advantage and not more ships. It is even doubtful if an Dominion ship could even do any damage to an borg cube. As soon as the borg would have assimilated any jem haddar or vorta they would know enough to destroy the entire dominion within days.

Vorta's don't always kill themselves when captured, and that wouldn't be much use the borg can revive people that are dead for over 72 hours.

This is all pure speculation of course.... we don't even have facts... So consider this as an opinion.

*sighs*

Well ok - perhaps the Dominion could defeat the Borg - they clearly have a much larger fleet and in close combat - a Jem Haddar would win easily and could take over a Borg Cube - The Jem Haddar are a Warrior Race - the Borg....are not... :)

Didn't the dominion have the neat trick of being able to shoot straight through shields, or did the Federation find a way around that quickly? (haven't watched a lot of DS9, but I got that impression...)

... also, keep in mind that the damage done to the Federation by the Borg was done by a handful of ships, while the Dominion sent more. Also, while TNG Borg would wipe the floor with them, I'd argue that later Borg (esp. from Voyager) wouldn't really be a match... and they ARE different Borg (different tactics, different armaments, different social structure...)

see this is the dominion even with out cardassian help. Now the federation lost 40 ships at 359. This aint no 40 ships. And this is only what they have in the Alpha quad. Think about what they have in the Gamam quad. I doubt that the Federation was war the only one going on for the Founders, I am sure that they have wars with other Empires in the gama quad. That means a larger army.

And no where except in the VOY eps "scoripon" have we seen the borg attk w/ more than One cube. even after fail attemps to assimilate earth with one cube, they still send one cube... So i dont think that they are learning very fast

If a cube was lost the borg would would respond in force. Granted that dominion fleet might decimate 1 cube but not a fleet.

would they - what about Best of Both Worlds - the Borg lost a cube and they retaliated by sending in ANOTHER CUBE

not exactly - responding with force...

A few things enabled it to do that.

1.) Speed. At that time, the borg cube in question was not using transwarp, but was still capable of traveling near warp ten continually without any difficulties.

2.) Brute force. A cube can blast whatever gets in the way and keep on going.

3.) It's a big galaxy. Planets and defenses are not exactly buched together. Borders are protected by automated sensor arrays and buoys with the main purpose being to alert starships in the area of an incursion. A borg cube has no trouble blasting it's way through these.