So hows the war on "Terror" going?

philly

Just another curious poll.

Here i want to get the opinions of people, either pro, or totally against, and i would like feedback from ppl other then the U.S and U.K too just for a bit of unbiased opinions.

Personally I think the "actual" war on "terror" is not so much focused on finding Osama, more so Bush n Blairs, tyrade into Iraq. They overshadowed the issue, which was to find the culprit(s) and bring them to justice. Which hasnt really been doing very well. It seems that the more that is thrown in the face of terror, more and more mayrtrs, are being created.

It sure doesnt help that some nights when i see the news, its related to Iraq and its latest bombing of this or that, and i see a child or someone close to my age lying in a pool of blood, with people screaming trying to understand why this is happening.

Don't mind me im ranting hardcore, i'm just trying to piece together how the war on terror got twisted into the war in iraq.

Post your thoughts.....

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The feeling of terror is still available to be experienced, so therefore the war on that feeling has failed. ;)

Correspondingly, since many civillians in Iraq are currently experiencing the emotion terror, does that mean that the US must now make war on itself?

Rather crappy, America and others have produced only more hatred against themselves by attacking and occupying other countries. The threat of an terrorist attack is now a lot higher, so I would say the war on terror is going rather crappy.

Personally I would say other actions could have been a lot more effective. The entire middle east and several other countries are now breeding grounds for terrorists. Even europe who has never before disliked America is feeling a lot off dislike against america and the country's assisting america. So it might be even possible to see europe as an new breeding ground for terrorists and that I really can't call progress.

Yeah, that bloody retarded shadow of his dad you have as your president has managed simply to piss off almost the whole world and at what benefit? Did he get Osama? Has terrorism actually dropped off? NOPE - It's gotten worse.

He's basically stuffed up things for the whole globe.

Nice Work George Junior.

I just can't believe you americans were dumb enough to give the bloke more than 1 term. What is wrong with you people?

Like all things, ther is room for improvement.

This war is is good. We are creating spirt in these terrorist to go fight the "Jihad" in Iraq. so these terrorist are comming from ALL OVER THE WORLD to fight, this is the best war to kill terrorist. If we pull out now, then Countries oppesed to terrorism will have to look real hard, for a long time to track them down.

I would rather see this taken care of now, and not give these terrorist who are less then human in my eyes, the time to gather resources and launch another attk. in Eruo or America or any where else in the world like vietnam, and tibet ect...

Now that Iraq is on the Defence and is able to defend it self, America had pressed the attk. I hope to see tis over with soon, but i most definetly do not want this to be over until it is really over.

Yeah, that bloody retarded shadow of his dad you have as your president has managed simply to piss off almost the whole world and at what benefit? Did he get Osama? Has terrorism actually dropped off? NOPE - It's gotten worse.

He's basically stuffed up things for the whole globe.

Nice Work George Junior.

I just can't believe you americans were dumb enough to give the bloke more than 1 term. What is wrong with you people?

it's because they dont have compulsary voting, so their voting system never truely reflects the entire american public's views. sounds like they need to take a hint from some other REAL democratic countries, hehe. COMPULSARY VOTING!

I wouldnt actually class the war in iraq as a war on terror, but more to do with finishing off a job from the first gulf war. Only snag is now we are occuplying iraq we cant just simply leave now untill the new iraq govenment has enough trained forces.

Ultimately defeating the terrorists is not down to pure use of force, even though i fully support hitting any would-be terrorist hard that try breeding in europe.

I think that most of you are either being foolish and silly or ignorant....

You say we are declaring war on a feeling..... Terror is short for Terrorism.....

Terrorism is a violent way to oppose a governmnet or idea...

So no, US army does not have to delcare war on its self... and why are citizens of Iraq in fear.... The polls show they feel safer.

Since the war, kids have started to go to school, wemon have become free, hospitals have been built, an ecomomic rise has occured, over 2,000 babies have been safely born, cities have been rebuilt, terrorsim recruitment is at an all time low, countries have stopped supporting terrorism..... WHY DOES EVERY ONE HAVE TO LOOK FOR THE ONE FREAKING DARK CLOUD IN THE SKY???????

and this may be off topic but, under the bush admin, un-employment is at a low of 5% United States of America GDP has increased by i think some where in the neghboor hood of 11% ( I heard on Radio )..... if this happened under a Clintons admin. he would be prasied one of the best economic presidents in American history...

common opinon here makes me sick..... i am gonna go to the ST fourm and cool down....

Okay... so the US isn't waging war on an emotion, but a form of tactics? Seems equally futile... One doesn't wage war on a concept... one wages war on another nation or group of people. So far, this has been a war on the Taliban (which I agree with), a war on Al-Quaeda (also not a bad idea), and a war on Saddam Hussein's administration (ditto... pity it was under false pretenses, though -_-'... one shouldn't start a war with a war crime.)

... the big question now is, "who's next?" Iran? It seems likely...

The "war" against terrorism, is a war for hearts and minds. Young muslims around the world are the one's we want to keep onside. We want to keep them from embracing extremist ideology and turning TO terrorism.

That's never going to happen by bombing their countries into kingdom come, by bringing suffering to infants and families, by desecrating their places of worship or by torturing people in the most inhuman fashion.

The "war" against terrorism, is a war for hearts and minds. Young muslims around the world are the one's we want to keep onside. We want to keep them from embracing extremist ideology and turning TO terrorism.

That's never going to happen by bombing their countries into kingdom come, by bringing suffering to infants and families, by desecrating their places of worship or by torturing people in the most inhuman fashion.

maybe your right about young muslims, but we shouldnt fold and give in to there demands at the same time, look at the attacks in the uk in july in london, theses where people that where regarded as british (apart from the jamacian and the african) these terrorists are just using iraq as a form of excuse to commit theses mass murders.

Lets just look at what happened before 9/11 and before the war on terror, there was the attack on the USS cole not to mention other attacks on the west.

I totally agree with using as much force as nessassary to either capture or kill theses terrorist scum bags, not to mention jail/deport any radical muslim who is preaching and supporting terrorism which we have had problems here in the uk, but pisses me off when the MP's vote against the govenment about increasing the time we can hold a suspect upto 90 days without being charged, the MP's that voted against this law i think are gutless and just going to make the police's job harder.

If what has happened in france with the rioting muslims happened in the UK i would fully support the use of CS gas, water canons and using the army to forcefully halt this type of behaviour.

I shot me a few guys with diapers on their heads and fanbelts around their waists the other day.. or should i have said jet turbines on their head.. uh.

There is no war on terror, just a lot of stupid people who don't know how to drive around a roadside bomb. Is this a race course? Get the MF planes in there and bomb their a$$. This is war, you don't wound an enemy, you kill them all by whatever means. There are no goddamn laws. I'm sick of the militarys stupidity. You know they mislead, dare I say (lie) to recruits about what the Army can do for them. There are no tank drivers in the civilian world boy.. just toilet cleaners.

I just can't believe you americans were dumb enough to give the bloke more than 1 term.

He shouldn't have won in the first place. It was fraud.

I think it ended up causing alot of long term grief. Personally, I don't think this was thought through with how to actually get us uninvolved. We are stuck now because we opened a void and now we have to wait to ensure the void is "properly" filled.

I'm no politician and I don't play one at work, so I can only comment on what I am interested enough to watch.

The point of this post was to engage, people in thought, and express their opinions. Which seems to be going rather well.

MY question to you is....How/Why is the war on terror quickly turned into Iraq. I would have thought that bringing Osama to justice would have been the highest priority of any government, espically to the victems of 9/11 etc. Why was this over shadowed by the Iraqi war???