Voyager...:(

BigR

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah... it was probly one of the worst endings in TREK history. in fact i think common opinion is that it was the worst.

No. It is not a common opinion.

yeah the ending was like oh my did it just end. What is going on.

Maybe you should watch it again.

the ending was not that bad

at least they finally returned home :)

have fun

snake_eyes

:D

I liked the episode alot myself. And if you read the Voyager novels they continue on after where the final episode has left off. Lots of really cool things happen :)

Correct-o-mundo!

Enterprise finale' was worse. At least there was astory to it and it was about them. They had to dig Troi and Riker up to deliver the final blow.

I hate to agree...but I do. Worst ever!

WORST ENDING EVER! kinda cheezy' date=' and a lil lame but at least i won't have to ever see it again.[/quote']

Well, there's no accounting for taste...

I thought it was one of Voyager's best 2 part stories.

As for the Caretaker...man, they were done with that by the third EP of the first season! Why dredge that old chestnut up again?!?

c4 B)

Like YOU said... there's no accounting for taste.

Btw... most of the people here are saying it was a bad ending. I liked it n EVEN I'm saying it. So how is that not common !? If you mean worldwide... is there anyway to ACTUALLY find out !?

Yeah i mean i thought the ending was OK - but the problem was they destroyed the Borg and i don't think this was needed. The Time Traveling thing wasn't to bad either and the Older Janeway was a good representation of what she'd be like in the future.

I think the Seven - Chakotay thing was rushed and could have been played out a few episodes earlier.

The Upgrades to Voyager were really cool :) - Great SFX

An all round Average ending i think that really just needed a bit more work and a bit less Borg to make it really good

What is the problem people have with time travel episodes? I enjoy those the most. Best star trek film? Easily First contact, then The Voyage Home. Some of the best eps of star trek include time travel or a paradox IMHO. Like the one where Voyager goes to a planet which has been destroyed only to find they cause it in the future/past etc. Times Arrow, with Data and co back in Mark twains day, the one where Seven has to stop Braxton from destroying Voyager, the one with the Bill Gates alike who stole the time ship, infact, lets be honest here. Every episode of every season of every series of Star Trek is a time travel episode in a way, or are they not set in the future? In fact, we are all traveling thru time. Unless time is an illusion invented by humans due to memory all time is really is motion of objects in space, such as the hands of a watch or a planet obiting a sun. To say one can "rewind time", my brain says this is not possible as time itself does not exist. For example: a car travels at a steady 40 mph for 1 hour, which means the cars has moved 40 miles in the same distance as the earth travels 1/24 of a complete rotation. I think time is one of those things we take for granted and dont question too much, because our brains cant handle it. People think time is like a VCR tape (or xvid) and can be rewound, I think it is a loop, one which repeats itself but is constanly changing and its our persepion or memories which give it meaning or is it the other way around?

I don't begrudge people liking Voyager but I really don't think it did anything for the franchise. I mean, to me - TNG and at least half of DS9 was good television... Voyager was just a way to fill 40 minutes between now and my death.

I know that a lot of people here are either forgiving of Voyager or love it to bits but quite frankly, the final episode just summed up the series for me. A bunch of stuff happens, someone hits the magic reset button - happy endings all around and no danger of character development or continuity.

Let's see... Trek did a few good time travel episodes... All Good Things (of course), Uh... the one where Chief O'Brien is going through time in DS9 (season 4-5?), oh, the TNG one with the super short Kelsey Grammar cameo. Time Loop one, where they keep crashing into the other ship. We'll always have Paris was ok...

So you've got the Marmite approach - you either love it or you hate it :)

It was The Visionary Season 3 that O'Brien was traveling through time i think - that was a good episode and i'm not saying that Time Traveling episodes on Star Trek arn't good - cause most of them are - All Good Things...was really good and i suppose Endgame was good when it came to the Timetraveling bit....but the Borg.....WHY...

From what I can recall, the episode with O'Brien time travelling was writting by and fan and submitted then used.

So how many episodes of Star Trek are there? 700 hours worth, I guess the themes would be repeated. I dont mind marmite sometimes. I would say I either hate it or love it though. I love Subways though. BMT mmmmmm

Yeah i suppose - over 700 eps - bound to be a few theme repeats :)

But they really did use there 2 main story makers for Endgame - the Borg (cause you can always get a story with the Borg in it) and Time Travel (now in Endgame - the time travel is actually different to other episodes - many previous Time Travel eps have been about Time Paradoxes and unexplained time traveling but this is clearly different so is unique i guess) so Endgame does have it's special features

I don't agree with the reasoning that, with over 700 episodes, they can be forgiven for repeating the same story line so many times when it was often done in such a bad way. Voyager, like Tenebrae said, is just something for me to do for 40 minutes while I'm not asleep or drinking. Like any show, bad episodes are unavoidable, but to repeat the same mistake so many times is just idiocy.

bah! - it wasn't bad that they repeated the themes over and over again - and they didn't anyway! - i mean take the Time Traveling Eps of Voyager - Coda was a time Loop episode - Year of Hell was hardly even a time travel episode - it just had that theme in there - Endgame was just Older Janeway going back in time to help her crew - there all different - they may have similar themes but are very different story wise