Who complained about my Sig?

Furious

Where is the person who complained about it? F*cking cowerd. I like that sig. Besides the joke of the sig was never about rape. It wast he bloody statment. Ride them hard keep em talking. Thats not what happened. .

Yes the sig was all about rape - whether you intended it to be or not. Just because the rape was prevented during the show is no excuse. It was a sick joke, and as people have pointed out above it was offensive to some therefore Nite removed it. I suggest you calm down and if you disagree take it up with Nite.

Guest Mrthumps

Dude, it's just a sig.

There's bigger things to worry about than an image which is a very bad joke.

Like Pella said, just calm down about it. It's nothing to get your panties in a knot over.

Where is the person who complained about it? F*cking cowerd. I like that sig. Besides the joke of the sig was never about rape. It wast he bloody statment. Ride them hard keep em talking. Thats not what happened. .

WOW! Now we know why you call yourself "Furious".

Wal-Mart has a special on Chil-Pills...

c4 :thinking:

that sig was in poor taste, rape is never acceptable under any circumstances. the phrase 'ride em hard, keep em talking' is obviously about rape. And to refer to Thorn's actions as 'adventures' is to glorify rape and the deprivation of liberty. It may not have been your intention to put that sort of behaviour on a pedastal but that is essentially what your sig did. Personally I am not dissapointed to see it go and I'm not the person who complained.

Here is a question;

Do any of you who think that picture was in poor taste have any problems with episode 2x10?

Is the show okay, but a picture that jokes about it wrong?

Just curious.

There is also a spoof "Cylon Interrogation Squad" pic floating around.

I dont have a problem with the episode in general, but I dont think the crew of the other ship (cant remember the name anymore) were written to be liked, and so naturally I didnt like them or what they do. The episode also wasnt entirely focused on the rapes, it was part of a larger story.

The sig however only focused on one element of the episode, and with the text "the adventures of Lt. Thorn...'ride em hard, keep em talking' " portrayed that element with a different slant than I think the writers of the series originally intended.

perhaps furious could explain the joke, to me the sig only seemed to glorify rape by refering to them as adventures....what am I missing?

Guest Mrthumps
Here is a question;

Do any of you who think that picture was in poor taste have any problems with episode 2x10?

Is the show okay, but a picture that jokes about it wrong?

Just curious.

There is also a spoof "Cylon Interrogation Squad" pic floating around.

Personally I wasn't offended by the sig nor the episode in question. I had a quick chuckle at the sig itself then thought "oh that's a bad joke." then moved on and ignored it.

I came back and found that Nite has sent me two pms. The first one was asking me to remove and since i wasn't here much i removed it himself. Who complained about my Lt. Thorne sig? Can you tell me why you found it offensive?

Sigs with a sexual conotation will be removed..........It's been that way on this board since its inception.

Awhile back, someone had a sig of a girl getting banged from behind. It was very obvious, even though nothing showed.

....We removed that one too.

B)

The scenes on that episode definitely were part of the story. That being said, I found them extremely troubling & upsetting. I assume I was meant to find them so.

Making a joke about it is in extremely poor taste ( and revealing ). However, I'd say leave the sig and let it damn the poster. I believe in everyone's in inalienable right to be an asshole, in this case earning a promotion from major to four star general.

that sig was in poor taste, rape is never acceptable under any circumstances. the phrase 'ride em hard, keep em talking' is obviously about rape. And to refer to Thorn's actions as 'adventures' is to glorify rape and the deprivation of liberty.

perhaps furious could explain the joke, to me the sig only seemed to glorify rape by refering to them as adventures....what am I missing?

The sig is a spoof on the episode. Let me dissect the lines for you.

The adventures of Lt.Thorne: Thorne was barely in the episode. He died so there is no adventure.

Ride em hard Keep em talking: He only raped Gina but he could never make her and Sharon talk.

All of the lines in the picture wasn't about making fun of Gina. If it did a picture of her in her worst state would be in the signature.

Does anyone seriously think that i would have a sig that ridiculed rape?

Sigs with a sexual conotation will be removed..........It's been that way on this board since its inception.

It was removed because someone complained it was making fun of rape.

WOW! Now we know why you call yourself "Furious".

I am not angry about losing the sig i am angry that someone would think i find rape funny. Besides my name is Furious because of my D&D name. Do you call yourself c4 because of you like C4?

Edit: I found out who complained.