RIP Pat Morita :(

Guest Mrthumps

• 2 months later...

What's worse poor guy was so typecast :( I always thought he was a good actor but no one really gave him a different role other than old mysterious asian man who may or may not know karate/kung fu ;\ I don't think I ever saw him outside the four Karate Kid movies, aside from a few two minute cameos on various tv shows (Boy Meets World springs to mind).

Guest Mrthumps
What's worse poor guy was so typecast :( I always thought he was a good actor but no one really gave him a different role other than old mysterious asian man who may or may not know karate/kung fu ;\ I don't think I ever saw him outside the four Karate Kid movies' date=' aside from a few two minute cameos on various tv shows (Boy Meets World springs to mind).[/quote']

He played a Japanese Admrial in that old "Midway" movie with heston and fonda.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0001552/

IMDB's Pat Morita page with list of movie credits. He was still quite busy in films. Several a year.

I hadn't even known he'd passed away until browsing the forums here. So sad to see him gone at 73. That's my mom's age and she's slowing down, too. When the heck are humans getting anti-aging medications?