Star Wars Live Action TV

Chiggy

In case anyone on forum has been asleep for the last month Lucas has announced Star Wars Live Action TV.

This will a Star Wars TV series that runs to fill in the gaps between episode 3 and 4.

Lucas is currently screening potential producers and then once hes hired them will take a back seat and let them do some more damage........ha ha ha.

What are your thoughts on this.......Lucas says the series will have a look and feel like the Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.......which in my opinion was crap........so I seriously hope it wont be on par with that!

I guess now we know why Lucas is hanging on to a lot of the props........no doubt some more stories about Boba are on the way and how he hunted down all the walking carpets? Its pure speculation that some stories will be taken from comics and books but it would be nice!

So forum members.......whats do you think about this.............is it a good thing or just another cash cow for Lucas to milk and build another 10 million dollar extension to his Sky Walker ranch.......you decide.

;)

Another cash cow for Lucas to milk and build another 10 million dollar extension to his Sky Walker ranch. But allways hated star wars personally :P

Just out of curiosity, what do you like? All I ever see is posts where you say "I don't really care for X." or some variation.

Yes it is is confirmed.......personally I was more excited by the announcement of another Indiana Jones film.........with Harrison Ford.

Mr Lucas told the Celebration III convention the live action TV series would be similar to Raiders of the Lost Ark spin-off The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles.

"Like on The Young Indiana Jones Chronicles, we want to write all the stories for the entire first season all at once," he said.

He said the live action series would feature stories taking place between movie episodes three and four - Revenge of the Sith and the original 1977 Star Wars movie.

Another cash cow for Lucas to milk and build another 10 million dollar extension to his Sky Walker ranch. But allways hated star wars personally :P

Just out of curiosity, what do you like? All I ever see is posts where you say "I don't really care for X." or some variation.

TV wise ? I actually prefer more reading matter for modern sci-fi, but if you want a shows list :

Babylon 5 , 60's, early 70's and 80's Dr Who, Quatermass, Sapphire & Steel, Red Dwarf, SG1, BSG, Invasion:Earth, Blake's 7, The Prisoner, Doomwatch, Crusade. I'm sure there is others too. :D

And just for the record I tend to exagerate my opinions on forums quite a bit as it tends to get more debate or conversation ;)

Yes it is is confirmed.......personally I was more excited by the announcement of another Indiana Jones film.........with Harrison Ford.

Thats interesting, at least they've got Harrison Ford back too. One of my main worries would be using a "younger actor".

Thats interesting, at least they've got Harrison Ford back too. One of my main worries would be using a "younger actor".

.........but theres some bad news.......this film will introduce Indy's daughter. I`m not surprised Harrison Ford is back.........he was a fool not making any more films until now and I think he realises it. To be honest I dont think any of the films hes made after Last Crusade were any good. Wasnt The Fugitive and Air Force 1 about the best out of the bunch?

You know Lucas actually admitted he would of liked to of made Flash Gordon rather than Star Wars.

Some one should bring back Flash........its a shame Lucas wont ever be silly enough to make that film and kill his own franchise. I hope someone else does though.

Steve.

Lucas is tweaking Nathanson's Indy IV script

Tuesday, December 6, 2005 - Gilles V

FOXNews.com reported that George Lucas went to New York yesterday only to attend the blockbuster premiere of today's hottest adventure film King Kong. Lucas just woke up one Monday morning and said, "Let's go to New York for Peter Jackson and King Kong." But that's not what this news message really is about.

Lucas mentioned to FOXNews yesterday that he is now devoting himself full-time to writing and producing Indiana Jones IV:

Lucas told me that he's got a script now from Jeff Nathanson, and he's tweaking it. That won't go on forever, he assured me, and filming will occur before Harrison Ford goes into a nursing home.

Head over to FOXNews.com for the full report.

Here's funny things...

LUCAS is NOT directing... hence... the T%V show might actually have much better than a decent chance.

PLUS

Since its gonna have LUCAS's financial n effects companies backing... it might actually be quite good.

'cause honestly... SW has way more potential than ST.

It's just not being done right.

Ive got high hopes for it personally! Im sick, but ive enjoyed all of the star wars movies and im really looking forward to the series. I mean, to be perfectly honest i'd rather have a steady supply of new sci fi series than not have any new series. Know what I mean? Even if it doesnt satisfy all the fans, and it definitely wont, because nothing ever does :) im sure it will still have plenty of enjoyable aspects. However good it is, im sure everyone will complain anway :)

• 2 months later...

It better not be like the Holiday Special. I just finished watching it and it is the lowest form of Star Wars ever seen on TV. It was absolutely terrible. I don't recommend it to anyone, even downloading it is a chore for what you get. Leia is a terrible singer! All the singers in this TV special were heavy smokers and were terrible singers, just terrible.

Now if they made a new Holiday Special with Natalie Portman singing, I think a lot of people would tune into that.

What I would have like to have seen is a series set in the KOTOR timeline - maybe even seen a few faces from the games. I don't think it will fail there are too many Star Wars fans around the globe, it will have to be really bad for them not to watch.

Current rumour is that it's not going to start until autumn 2007 and it involves minor characters from the movies - Boba Fett anyone?

Since it is set between 3 and 4 I would like to see the 'Dark Woman' comic strip as an episode.