I predict the future will be energy scarce

theaveng

the world we currently live in dies each day, since that is over and a new world emerges every time you wake up, its never the same it is constantly changing, you speak of the world when you really mean europe and US or more spesific US of A. if oil runs out so what, oil is easy to live without imagination is all that holds us back, or lack therof.

Did i mention Water is a better source for energy than oil, gotta love those car running on water, but most of those aren't that known in the US because well the oilcompanies don't like those now do they, or the car companies that has set their minds on the combustion engine. that engine is over 130 years old i belive, or the principal of it, its outdated water cars run fine.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

..... we WILL have a problem when the pumps stop pumping water, and the tractors stop plowing the fields. Oil is the foundation upon which our modern society is built. Remove the foundation (or raise the cost to $200 a barrel) & the whole edifice will crumble.

Maverick had it right when he said, "The world we live in currently will come to an end,"

dude, there are many possibilities out there for new renewable energy sources. but instead of looking to a brighter future you are panicking about a present where people are planning the future. the oil abundance or lack there of has been an issue ia was aware of since i was young (well, younGER, im only 32) and in the last 20 years progress has been made.

dude i really think you have depression/anxiety issues.

let go of the present. there is an exciting future ahead:D

It's probably too inconsistent, and besides then they'd lose their precious money from tourism. The steam in Iceland is harnessed 24/7 to power and heat their homes. They even have a communal spa in the power plants waste water pool.

I wonder if we could tap the Geothermal heat from the Yellowstone Supervolcano?

i didnt know there was supervolcano in yellowstone. havin said that i dont knowabout...............................well, i dont know what i dont know, otherwise i would know it. know what i mean? suffice to say, if i knew everything, id be a woman.

anyhoo,,,

geothermal heating ca be used for power, the city i live in uses it at the moment. having said that, its probably the most interesting thing in southampton

no one hear ever heard of bio-diesel, carbon neutral, means the tractors can keeep ploughing the fields, i can keep driving my car, and the world can keep spinning. factories can churn out solar pannels etc for the production of electricity, and nuclear plants etc can be built.

mankind will survive

From the estimates I've read, we have enough oil for about 50 years, enough coal for about 200 years, enough uranium for about 200 years, and enough deuterium (if fusion proves viable) to supply the worlds energy for about 60,000 years. So really deuterium will be a lifesaver if they get fusion right. Otherwise we'll be stuck with biodiesel, solar, and wind. There is definately enough steel on earth to build enough wind generators to supply current needs, as well as enough wind to power them. There is also definately enough land/sea area to produce biodiesel from grain and algae to meet current energy needs. The earth is over 20% silicon, needed for solar power generation. There is also tremendous inefficiency in current energy use that can almost certainly be improved. Oil really is just a wonderfully inexpensive way to get our energy, but alternative energy sources will last a few centuries at least, and renewable sources can generate large enough amounts of energy to at least sustain current levels of technology.

...and mankind will sit there and take it. no-one wil try anything new or invent anythig.

Exactly right, just like they are doing now.....The asteroid belt is full of stuff we can use.

Do you see anyone mining asteroids?

:stare:

...and mankind will sit there and take it. no-one wil try anything new or invent anythig.

Exactly right, just like they are doing now.....The asteroid belt is full of stuff we can use. Do you see anyone mining asteroids?

It takes more energy to retrieve the fuel then you get back. So that's why it's not done.

man i reckon ppl have already invented more energy efficient appliances, but the man has stopped them dead in there tracks, and i mean dead... take a look at the average US house (being the biggest polluter)...

each has at least one......

tumble dryer..... ~1-2 kw

ac unit .............~ +1 kw

electiric heat......~1-2kw

cooker...............~1kw

fridge.................~ 0.8Kw

very waste full indeed... there must be better incarnations of these electric hogs!!!

we've just seen energy efficient ligt bulds that use a 1/5 of the elec.....

so instead of using 6kw for the above we could get it down to 1kw.....

just imagine your bill reduce by 80% !!!!!

use i guss the man will be a bit upset!!!! :)