The reason you joined this forum?

Carnifex

So to repeat: If you enjoy DS9 that much' date=' you should support the great actors & writers who entertained you, and buy the official DVDs. It's only $600 for the full series. [/quote']

troy, you are off the topic - again. please stay on The reason you joined this forum?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just got the NiteShdw 170mb full run of DS9' date=' (a full series per disc, you can't beat it) and I'm as happy as a pig in the proverbial.[/quote']

If you enjoy DS9 that much, why don't you BUY it and give the great actors & writers a nice christmas bonus check? Reward them for all the great work they did on that most-excellent show. They deserve it.

I post to the forums because work is boring.

Lol, did you post this kinda comment for every one that said they'd dl'd something, or did you save that just for me. :smootch:

BTW: Thx mateya, ....way to hijack a thread theaveng, nearly as good as me! :p

If I knew when or why I started this forum I'd let you know, but it was so long ago I can't even remember.

In fact, the forum was reset (i.e. hacked) about, what 6-8 months, after it was first started, so everything on the forum right now doesn't include the 'original' forum.

I visit this forum at least 1-3 times a day.

I just got the NiteShdw 170mb full run of DS9' date=' (a full series per disc, you can't beat it) and I'm as happy as a pig in the proverbial.[/quote']

If you enjoy DS9 that much, why don't you BUY it and give the great actors & writers a nice christmas bonus check? Reward them for all the great work they did on that most-excellent show. They deserve it.

ROTFLMAO...Do you work for the guild or what???

Come on dude! We are HERE to DOWNLOAD for free. Sheesh...

c4 ;)

For me, it was dicovering that there was a new series of Doctor Who available on the net. I downloaded the first episode, converted it to DVD and was amazed at the quality!

Then I started poking around, and wanderd onto the forums, I mostly lurk, but lately i've started replying to posts since pretty much everyone here is very cool. (and fun to discuss stuff with)

I guess this is the one place on the net that i feel comfortable letting my freak flag fly! (well this and the MST3K Digital Archive Project, but this place is a lot more open minded.

Short version, I came for WHO, but I stay for all of you.

Hey.. thx for all the replies. I agree about the forum being a good one.. and DETOR' date=' about being shy... glad you've gotten over it. ;)[/quote']

If I knew when or why I started this forum I'd let you know, but it was so long ago I can't even remember.

In fact, the forum was reset (i.e. hacked) about, what 6-8 months, after it was first started, so everything on the forum right now doesn't include the 'original' forum.

I visit this forum at least 1-3 times a day.

Did you ever find out who hacked it?

c4 B)

You tell 'em c4...

yeah...

I love getting here about the timeTroy starts spouting sale pitches.

I was searching for Enterprise and anything I could download SAFELY from the internet. I used filesharing programs like Kazza & Limewire, but I kept running into these little .torrent files that didn't work right. So after running a search for Enterprise and seeing how well organized and supported this site was...well..here you are now.

Over this (almost a year) I have definately learned more than I expected to,and not just in the video and tv genre either.

I'm not sure, but the actor only gets royalties for each episode that is rerun, and whatever deal they made for toys with their image on them.

I joined the forum from finding eps on kazaa. Only a few lurkers, and weren't many topics back then, but I got the ball rolling. Thanks in no part to my GOD like presence, this forum has become a success.

Excuse me while I go worship a golden calf.

I think it was 23 days after you joined that this forum became a succes... :p How weird that's the exact same date as my joining date... what a "strange" coincedence... :p ;)

I think the thread ...*edit* most humble apologies, i am truly sorry i didnt see the "2" for a second page o_O (i'm a frakkin idiot sometimes). anyways the thread was back on course by this page so no need for my tiny three sentence rant.

why do ppl say to buy things...

surly we do if we can....

but we can't buy all the vidz we wanna watch...

you can't change ppl by saying so... stop inc your post count....

personally this does sound offensive and should be considerd as an insult... any more should be banned!!!!

nam taking the mick outta more ppl :o

Nobody expects you to buy crap like Andromeduh or Voyeur. Only stuff you enjoy.

I just got the full run of DS9' date=' and I'm as happy as a pig in the proverbial.[/quote'] If you enjoy DS9 that much, why don't you BUY it and give the great actors & writers a nice christmas bonus check? Reward them.
Lol, did you post this kinda comment for every one that said they'd dl'd something, or did you save that just for me. :smootch:

The longer you are here, the more you will see I strongly, strongly advocate purchasing tv/audio programs legally, via DVD, VHS, Download off paramount.com, or Simply watching the commercials. I support giving money to the actors/writers who entertain us, and this is how that is done.

As J.Michael Straczynski of Babylon 5 says, "If you take stuff for free, your favorite shows will be canceled from lack of monetary income and your favorite actors laid-off. That's a strange way to show your 'support' for a show."

And no, I don't buy the "I don't have any money argument" if you're spending ~$1200 a year on hi-speed internet or other huge $$$ items. Downgrade to a slower connection & use the extra money to buy the DVDs or Downloads off paramount.com.

-----> And yes this does relate to the original topic (Why I am on the forum). To remind people that if they enjoy what they download, then they should go buy it legally & support the show/actors/writers. It's my main motive.

Nobody expects you to buy crap like Andromeduh or Voyeur. Only stuff you enjoy.

I just got the full run of DS9' date=' and I'm as happy as a pig in the proverbial.[/quote'] If you enjoy DS9 that much, why don't you BUY it and give the great actors & writers a nice christmas bonus check? Reward them.

The longer you are here, the more you will see I strongly, strongly advocate purchasing tv/audio programs legally, via DVD, VHS, Download off paramount.com, or Simply watching the commercials. I support giving money to the actors/writers who entertain us, and this is how that is done.

As J.Michael Straczynski of Babylon 5 says, "If you take stuff for free, your favorite shows will be canceled from lack of monetary income and your favorite actors laid-off. That's a strange way to show your 'support' for a show."

And no, I don't buy the "I don't have any money argument" if you're spending ~$1200 a year on hi-speed internet or other huge $$$ items. Downgrade to a slower connection & use the extra money to buy the DVDs or Downloads off paramount.com.

-----> And yes this does relate to the original topic (Why I am on the forum). To remind people that if they enjoy what they download, then they should go buy it legally & support the show/actors/writers. It's my main motive.

do you allways be negitive towrds things

B) Me after looking around on the net for downloads of Star Trek games and Sci-Fi series shows. When I found this site I dumped all the other junk sites I was using and now I've finaly been able to start seeding out to all the good people here that have helped me out by posting there great shows and games. Thanks To all B)