Major Piracy Bust Against Top Providers

quosego

It doesn't matter how many 'the man' shuts down, there are always going to be others to fill the gaps, these people, as the article says, don't give a toss for the risk and do it for kudos... with that kind of philosophy, these types of outfits will never disappear, they will only evolve.

They industry is never going to give up and that's a fact. For ever employed programmer working for them there's atleast hundreds of fanatic programmers out there working against them. The problem is that when someone get's caught all the programmers out there is competing to fill the empty spaces left behind.

Well, as usual with these groups, they simply can't be killed by eliminating 'the leader'. Usually they are temporarily 'disbanded' and a few months later, the remaining members of the group rejoin and found a new group, with equally impressive cracking abilities, since knowledge is usually passed along, once "you're in the circle".

Let's not give up hope, just yet. ;)

I got the story from another source and it seems to me that these were just starting points for traansfers, but not where the material comes from. I don't know that I ever got that much that was trully pirated material, like before realease dates, but I bet the percentage of people doing it isn't enough to put a dent in anyones pocketbook. Most of us are doing the downloading for entertainment as much as watching the movies or playing the games.

Does that make sense? That finding, downloading and burning the material is as much fun as the material itself?

They will never stop us! We will defeat them. They cannot take over the internet. The internet will expand beyond their menial controls and overcome their hypocrisy.

I'm not trying to sound crazy, I'm simply trying to make a point quickly and effectively. I'm not really concerned right now with making heavy statements.

found a new group' date=' with equally impressive cracking abilities, since knowledge is usually passed along, once "you're in the circle".[/quote']

True. I bet many of the old Crackers from Circa 1985 are still around. They started with the Commodore=64, moved to the Amiga, then Windows or Mac cracking, and now DVD ripping.

Once a pirate, always a pirate.

troy

The real issue here is that - every time they take someone down, all they do is generate a greater fervour in the community.

I think its a bit late to try and sue the problem back into the bottle... but I have to say that would be a sensible, logical approach to the matter and the industry has shown a total lack of sense or logic in this matter.

IRRATIONALLY SUE EVERYONE AND WE WILL TRIUMPH - seems to sum up their current attitude. That they've been screwing over consumers for several decades simply makes the massive amounts of money that they've "lost" due to piracy more justifiable to the common man.

It's also a good case in point as to how justice is bought and sold in the USA and worryingly, increasingly in the EU.

Let's really think about this... I remember a post here in one of the Polls. I do not really remember which one it was. But a good point was made. For every filesharing system that gets nailed four sprout up. Don't fret. If you decide to start a filesharing system, all you have to state in one of the pages is, "These downloads are for pre-viewing purposes only, meaning that said information can only used for pre-view uses only. All material downloaded, unless owned, must be deleted within 24 hours. It is not our responsibility that any missues of said downloads. *signed by site not by owner*"

I have read the law and this is all that is needed, and it is pretty much universal. Good luck and happy downloading.

Well' date=' you can say "Oh, it's not the responsibility of this site what is posted on it" but the legal reality is that you DO have a responsibility and if you don't take actions to prevent, you're risking legal action.[/quote']

if I can edit ur speak, well thats a regime of one voice, "if I want u to say B and have the power to do so, and u cant stop me u loss, mmmmuuuauauauauauaaaaaahaha." its the CIA (ops) RIAAs motto. :p

during this bust, "too much" evidence was found:

http://www.heise.de/english/newsticker/news/69251

Did Germany's Anti-Piracy Lobby Aid Warez Distribution?

[...] the film industry's German lobby group GVU is actively involved in illegally distributing copyrighted material online. [...]

ooops ;)

At least Symantec and Mcafee don't write viruses, do they?