What about the human/cylon baby?

synexo

The way it goes, from start to current is:

Baltar has a Harvey-like version of Number Six in his head who tells him "they" will have a child.

Prior to this, Helo and Sharon (before they discovered she was Cylon-Sharon) had sex on Caprica. Sharon discovered she was pregnant and told Helo, who as seen today came around to her side.

Through the pregnancey thus far, Harvey-Six has told Baltar the baby Cylon-Sharon carries is "theirs" and will play an intricate role to come. Cylon-Sharon as had a few complications thus far (as seen in 2x08) but so far the baby has survived. Especially since Rosalyn wanted the baby terminated recently but

the baby's blood, since it's a hybrid, turned out to have amazing healing abilities and ended up saving Rosalyn from her cancer

So at the moment, Cylon-Sharon is still pregnant with the hybrid baby, though assuming she is going by a human gestation rate, it's been about 7 months now so I'd look for her to give birth by the end of season or probably part of the season cliffhanger. Baltar still believes something about the baby is going to, whatever, stop the war turn it to someones side who knows but he is invested in seeing it's survival.

I would also think that it being a ship full of people that had raped her might give her another motive for destroying Pegasus.

i think that nuke that they gave the raped Cylon six who leads the Cylon Sypathizers is goona use it to nuke Pegasus' date=' because having Pegasus makes it to easy for the humans to defend against the Cylons.[/quote']

I would also think that it being a ship full of people that had raped her might give her another motive for destroying Pegasus.

i think that nuke that they gave the raped Cylon six who leads the Cylon Sypathizers is goona use it to nuke Pegasus' date=' because having Pegasus makes it to easy for the humans to defend against the Cylons.[/quote']

Ooooh, what a cunning plan - I would like to see that :)

• 3 weeks later...

....and as we now know if we have been loyal fans... the hybrid baby is a girl, named Hera by Cylon-Sharon, and has been placed into foster care by the president and the ship's doctor because of how possibly dangerous it would be to let a Cylon raise her. EVERYONE ELSE thinks she is dead.

look like theyre keeping an ace up thier sleve just incase they need to call it!!!

ok shes half cylon but does that mean she has inheritated the code which can make here a sleeper agaent????

damn it they should has disassemble... need input... lol ;)

Well Cottle came up with somethin, how else did he pull a very convincing copy of Hera out of his ass to show off to Sharon and Helo? I mean a mother would know a different baby when she see's it. So somehow Cottle was able to duplicate it.

I mean a mother would know a different baby when she see's it. So somehow Cottle was able to duplicate it.

That is possible only if the mother has previously spend some time with a baby and afaik Sharon didnt.

I mean a mother would know a different baby when she see's it. So somehow Cottle was able to duplicate it.

That is possible only if the mother has previously spend some time with a baby and afaik Sharon didnt.

Sharon was removed from the baby very quickly, and only saw it briefly. After all, she "is" an enemy of the state. I'm sure that Dr. Cottle had a baby in cold storage just like the dead Sharon they tried to give to the People that took Apollo hostage in the bar.

With the rush of emotion that the living Sharon had at her percieved loss of the baby, she might have been to upset to notice the difference in the babies. But maybe in later episodes, she will come to realize something is up. And who knows what type of link she might have with the baby.

there was a spare dead child from the foetus aborted a few episodes previously, the last termination prior to the new presidential decree outlawing abortion

easy substitution at that stage, dead child is a dead child, they won't be looking too closely at a motionless body, and they very qucikly excluded plot issues by cremeting it and scattering the ashes to the stars

I dont know if any of you remember the orginal series but if you remember the episode "return of starbuck" where starbuck gets marooned on a planet with a broken cylon and a strange women with a child. Who actually gets returned to the fleet from a ship that starbuck and the cylon build. This child ends up being the super proffessor later in battlestar galactica who advises adama.

I think that this could be related to the human/cylon hybrid, maybe they have decided to make this child the new version of the professor (I think you have to of seen BSG 1980 to know what i mean).