When will the world end?

Arktis

This poll is all wrong. Everybody knows that this world will end on December 21st, 2012 AD. And that is final! This date marks the end of Mayas Long Count calendar and is also a rare alignment of the solstice sun with the Milky Way (or Galactic Plane).

http://www.levity.com/eschaton/Why2012.html

The real question is what will happen after that. Mwuahahahahaha! ;)

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is very hard to say or to specify when the world is going to end! Earth as such will not crumble and fall so quick but the humanity might. The fall will come and thats the only thing we do know. Now, that could hapen December 21st, 2012 AD,06/06/06, 12/12/12 or it can be tomorrow. Nobody can tell for sure,all we can do is try to predict it. Are we going to be destroyed by an asteroid(s), galactic alignment or our own stupidity and arrogance, who can say? We can just wait and see!!!

The moment you die' date=' the world ends.[/quote']

When you die, you end. The world keeps jogging on as before.

How do you know that? Maybe this world just exists in your mind.

Oh, I'm quite sure that it's real, but I'm not going to lose sleep over it.

Now, get out of my mind, will you, I'm busy dreaming up an alternate reality. ;)

Still' date=' I don't think it's very likely that such an infinitesmal speck like me would cause such an unimaginably huge thing as the universe to suddenly dissapear just by me ceasing to be... To assume otherwise is to make the assumption that I'm different and superior to every other person AND the primary cause of the universe... both of which don't seem very likely given existing circumstances.[/quote']

Hmm.

Maybe I did create it, at that. ;)

Then again, maybe we are all part of one universal mind, or just a thought in the mind of, . . . Florence, the computer programmer. :D

Even if humanity is wiped out, the world will get along just fine... so, I say the world will end in 5 or 6 billion years when the sun goes red giant and (possibly) eats the earth.

Hopefully, we'll still be around in some form, and be able to watch the fireworks! ^^

Ahhh, just read a book about that. By Arthur C Clarke "Songs of a distant Earth".

I voted "when the plotting conspiracy...."

Although in reality I believe nuclear annihalation would only occur as the result of a series of mistakes and missinterpretations....which could easily happen. If you consider that meteors exploding in the earth's atmosphere can register as atomic explosions.

Every ten years an explosion equivalent to three Hiroshima atom bombs rips

through the Earth's upper atmosphere

link

Every ten years an explosion equivalent to three Hiroshima atom bombs rips through the Earth's upper atmosphere

Ouch! :o

B) who knows but I do find it strange that the Myan calender ends dec 21 2012

Maybe they just never got to finish it. Didn't their civilization get destroyed? Perhaps they

miscalculated. ;)

How do you know that? Maybe this world just exists in your mind.

Opinion: If the world all exists in one being's head, then that being must be a sadist.

Note that I'm not talking about a benevolent God. I believe the two ideas are separate though perhaps similar from certain perspecitives (read: assumptions).

The World will probably not end for millions of years if not longer... As for 2012' date=' theres no reason assume it will end then.. At least not the world...[/quote']

What's wrong with 2012? It's as good a time as any for the world to end.

c4 :p