Which trek was ur fav

jhug666

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TNG wasnt bad il admit considering it was the first series after TOS. But The fact that DS9 and voyager explored so much more and had so much more interaction with whatever was outhere! Fair enough if DS9 had never been created would the dominion war have happened?

I dont think so!

Thats the main reason i love DS9 but i love voyager because they in the delta quadrant without the fleet or starfleet command and have such a different perspective on things!

And the WINNER is - VOYAGER!!!!!!!! :-)

Yes, yes, I know, there are a LOT of people that just can't STAND Voyager, but as I keep watching the various shows, I always keep coming back to Voyager as my personal favorite. I must say that I just LOVE Janeway with all of her faults and all. I just really enjoy the "motherly" approach that she ended up HAVING to take considering what their situation was, and like ANY single, childless person THRUST into the situation of suddenly having over 100 "children" to be concerned with, I think she was learning parenting as she went. Made mistakes, sure. But I think she came out doing pretty well.

I also really enjoyed the "family" atmosphere that the crew of Voyager developed, and considering it started out as a mixture of the Hatfields and MaCoys, other than that b$*@~ Seska, they seemed to get along well considering the circumstances. I will admit that there WERE characters on Voyager that I'd like to have blown out an air lock, such as Harry and Tuvok. Personally, I would have THANKED Tuvix for getting rid of that grouchy, annoying Tuvok. Neelix had his moments, but he was okay.

No, Voyager was NOT a "traditional" Star Trek show, but I think it worked, much like some people enjoy DS9 for not being the standard Trek show. By "traditional" I mean based off of the concept of the original series. ;)

After Voyager I'd have to go with Next Gen, TOS, and I can't really say much about the others. I actually DO remember enjoying watching the animated Saturday cartoon show when I was a kid, as cheesy as it was. Heck, it was a Star Trek cartoon and I was a little kid. It didn't HAVE to be good to be cool. :p

I've only seen a couple of episodes of Enterprise, and based off of those couple of episodes I labeled it as absolute RUBBISH! The singing theme song was the FIRST thing that made me want to PUKE!

I know a LOT of people just LOVE DS9, but I have NEVER liked that show and I still can't put my finger on WHY I dislike it so much. In all fairness, I haven't seen any of the episodes since they were originally aired, so I'm taking some people's advice on here and giving them another shot. I just watched the first three episodes and I'm still NOT liking it. I would like to shoot Kira out an airlock, Bashir is annoying, I never thought of O'Brian as anything other than an occasional backup character, Odo just always seems so DARN grouchy (probably why he and Kira get along so well!), and there's just something about Sisco that rubs me the wrong way - mostly I think the guy isn't the best actor I've ever seen and the whole baseball things is WAY over-done. I'm going to try and hold off final judgment on DS9 until I finish watching the whole series again, though. Oh, I actually DO love Quark, though. :-)

As far as the original series goes, it was what it was "original". I really enjoyed it for what it was at the time that it came out, and I still do enjoy watching it today because I'm able to put into context the time that it was created. Sure, it was a bit cheesy and campy at times, but that just made it FUN for me. It didn't have to be SO serious all the time to be enjoyable. :cyclops:

Well, that's my two cents. Have a GREAT weekend, ya'all. :D

A starship Captain is not the mother of the crew! Come on, do you seriously think the crew would respect a Captain treating them like kids? This whole idea of 'family' on board is just fantasy garbage. Nothing but garbage!!!! Hence why the TOS and TNG crews didn't take that 'family' idea seriously.

TOS in my opinion had the most professional crew. These guys didn't need a counsellor or any other non-essential crew. These guys, yes including Chekov, were adults and most capable of making their own decisions. They didn't need a mother or a counsellor to guide their actions.

TNG is my favorite as it featured the most professional Captain. Picard was the best. Spock was the best First Officer but Riker comes a really close second. TNG and TOS are comparable, the other Treks just can't fill in their shoes.

Hmm ... i see that noone here enjoyed Enterprise as much as i did ...

I haven't seen DS9 ... maybe that's it ... but i simply loved Enterprise. I like the approach on each episode, from a character's point of view.

I liked most of the crew, much more than in TNG ... Trip (Tucker) is my favorite character in this show. Followed closely by Archer, Phlox, Travis, T'Pol and Reed. Also, besides the crew, i like the other important characters : Soval , Admiral Forest, Shram the andorian

I think the Xindi thread was a little too much for this series ... you can't leave your home system and after a few years face a planetary attack. it's not realistic ...

My favorite episode is the one in which Enterprise tries to help the valakian people which were facing extinction, due to an unknown virus

I liked The Xindi episodes very much... The races where very nice done, and all those different races was a nice original approach... The only thing that i found strange is how it fits into the earlier made Star Trek series... The only thing that came close, of what i ever heard, was a Xendi region of space (called that way) on a episode in TNG, but i don't think it has anything to do with it.

sorry for the double post but what enterprise lacked was the comidy that each of the other treks had, spock's humor, data's naivity, the wars between quark, odo and garek and tuvok's barely controlled disdain for neelix.

i think they tried to make humor between t'pol and tucker, but it didn't really come off very well

A starship Captain is not the mother of the crew! Come on' date=' do you seriously think the crew would respect a Captain treating them like kids? This whole idea of 'family' on board is just fantasy garbage. Nothing but garbage!!!! Hence why the TOS and TNG crews didn't take that 'family' idea seriously.[/quote']

I think the "Mother" figure analogy DOES fit in because the other Trek shows were not in the same situation that Voyager was. The other shows DID have contact with Starfleet, their families, etc., but the Voyager crew had NONE of that. The also had to deal with the reality that they just may NOT ever get home. If it wasn't for a wormhole or as it turned out, the Borg conduits, they would more than likely have died of old age FAR away from EVERYTHING and EVERYONE that they were familiar with. That was a pretty frightening situation for them and they needed someone to look up to and focus on for guidance and strength, and I believe that was Janeway.

On the other shows, I agree with you that they did NOT need a "Mother" figure, even though there actually WERE families on some of the ships (e.g. Next Gen's Enterprise). However, they DID have their Captains to look to for similar guidance and support, but certainly none of those captains were in the situation like Janeway was of needing to try and keep the entire crew from giving up hope and falling into despair.

I agree with you in the sense that on a starship that is basically a millitary structure, a "Mother" or even a "Father" figure should NOT be required. The crew should be mature, professional adults and only require the direction and guidance of their leader - their captain. Unfortunately, most humans aren't fully capable of leaving their "humanity" (a.k.a. faults) behind when they leave space dock. That is except for the non-humanoids. ;)

Well, it was nice that there was enough variety in the Star Trek universe to keep most everyone happy and satisfied. No matter WHICH show was a person's favorite, it seems there WAS one that was able to top the list. :D

SNIPPET:

A starship Captain is not the mother of the crew! Come on' date=' do you seriously think the crew would respect a Captain treating them like kids? This whole idea of 'family' on board is just fantasy garbage. Nothing but garbage!!!! Hence why the TOS and TNG crews didn't take that 'family' idea seriously.[/quote']

I think the "Mother" figure analogy DOES fit in because the other Trek shows were not in the same situation that Voyager was. The other shows DID have contact with Starfleet, their families, etc., but the Voyager crew had NONE of that. The also had to deal with the reality that they just may NOT ever get home. If it wasn't for a wormhole or as it turned out, the Borg conduits, they would more than likely have died of old age FAR away from EVERYTHING and EVERYONE that they were familiar with. That was a pretty frightening situation for them and they needed someone to look up to and focus on for guidance and strength, and I believe that was Janeway.

I was going to answer bbbb's post but you did it for me. Thank you. Finally someone with their eyes open. VOYAGER ROCKS!

c4 B)

1) TNG

This series covered a wide range of topics and used the Star Trek world to communicate ideas.

2) Enterprise

Enterprise deviates from the standard Star Trek ideas and explores the mind of the crew more in depth.

3) TOS

I admire TOS because it's authentic and it relies on my imagination.

2) Enterprise

Enterprise deviates from the standard Star Trek ideas and explores the mind of the crew more in depth.

although Enterprise did explore 'some' of the characters in depth - it left characters like Hoshi and Travis as if they were only guest stars

1. Deep Space Nine - bar far the most interesting and diverse of all the Trek Series

2. Star Trek - My hats off to the series that started it all + as mentioned before - even though I own all eps (of every series) on DVD - cant seem to remember a single episode until I start watching it. No other series does that - also remember it from Childhood - watching it in B/W on bbc2 with my brother (re-runs I might add).

3. The Next Generation - really loved watching this in 87 (was seven) although far too many energy being, holodeck or transporter accident stories. Didn't think season 7 was as good as 6 though.

4. Enterprise - Interesting show - the temporal cold war I didn't like that much - or the mirror ep - but otherwise it was interesting where they was taking it - hated the last episode though - hated.

5 Voyager - preferred seasons 1-4 to 5-7 - although there was a smattering of good eps in 5-7. But I found Voyager far too annoying.

although Enterprise did explore 'some' of the characters in depth - it left characters like Hoshi and Travis as if they were only guest stars

True, they did not explore some of the crew nearly as much as they could have, which is too bad. But on the other hand, I guess that left them time to explore deeper into other crew members.

There is a tie for me between TNG and DS9

I love the War in DS9, It was the best part of Star Trek That I love. But I love how TNG delt with things. I liked their missions and I liked how they protreyed the Borg and how there was always just a breath away from conflict with the Klingons or Romulans, it was great suspense.

But I am gonna say:

TNG

DS9

ENT

VOY

TOS

VOY is alright, I hated how they delt with stuff, but they had some good fights and it was a good story line even if they could have done better.

just a quickie idea, if TOS is a utopia, doesn't TNG and DS9 show a darker slide towards a dystopia when the federation has to abandon certain values in order to survive?

just thinking of the ramifacations of Wolf 359, the changelings and the dominon war.