watch whole eps of star trek on google

xalloutwarx

I think you make a good point. It looks cheap per episode' date=' but it costs nearly as much as just buying much higher quality DVDs.[/quote']

In all the quotes I've read from studios, that is the plan. They don't pay for all the manufacturing/distribution costs and they make almost 100% profit this way.

At 26 episodes a season, you're paying $52. You can use Amazon.com (for region 1 at least) to get the first three seasons of TNG/DS9 at $52.99 each. That's high quality dvd, with the cool cases, with all the extra features and stuff, for the same exact price...

It looks cheap per episode' date=' but it costs nearly as much as just buying much higher quality DVDs.[/quote'] They don't pay for all the manufacturing/distribution costs and they make almost 100% profit this way.

Initially. Competition will drive down prices as ahppened with DVDs. Remember when shows cost $80 a season? Now it's down to about 30-40.

I bet we'll see 25 cents an episode download by 2010.

people and their video ipod's...they make me sick

Rich people with too much money waste it foolishly.

Shoot. Not just them, but greedy corps trying to scam people out of a buck. I want my free tv shows, for fraks sake. If I wanted to spend money for them, I would go and BUY THE CASE SETS, and get them that way, instead of throwing away hard to earn money for a file that could get erased and have to replace WAY too easily.

At 26 episodes a season' date=' you're paying $52. You can use Amazon.com (for region 1 at least) to get the first three seasons of TNG/DS9 at $52.99 each. That's high quality dvd, with the cool cases, with all the extra features and stuff, for the same exact price...[/quote']

Yeah, what he said...

I rather spend my hard earned money on ale,whores,high quality dvds from amazon.com and manchester united merchandise.

And I never liked Ipods. I can listen to mp3s on my p910i just fine...