The how long it will take to lock this thread thread

maverick

i am starting a thread so bloody silly that i expect it to be locked.

..............but when will it be locked?

the mods might win this one :rolleyes: they can say when theyre gonna do it

im goin for 6 hours and 39 mins, about 14:51 today

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well...if you want to get this LOCKED...

Updated April 15' date=' 2005[/b']

1. Stay on topic

-- Please try to keep your responses to threads on topic. You are welcome to create 'off-topic' and random threads in "General Discussion" for all your off-topic comments.

So, how DOES one get to Carnegie Hall? Anybody know? Should I make a poll?

2. No foul, obscene, or demeaning language.

-- Let's try to keep the site 'family friendly'. Also, please refrain from making comments regarding race, religion, sexual orientation, or web browser usage. Some people can be very offended if they are told that Firefox is a crappy browser.

So, all those who believe in The Flying Spaghetti Monster are complete and utter morons. If anybody disagrees with me, they can go Malkovich themselves, the stupid purple-skins!

3. The Ranking system does not imply any sort of authority

-- The ranking system is designed to show how active a user is in the forums, but in no way does it give that user any special privledge or authority. Please do not "brag" or attack based on rank. Doing so will result in posts being deleted, demotion, or a complete removal of the ranking system

I am a LIEUTENANT, and I WILL NOT BE CENSORED, DAMN IT!!!

4. Please be kind and curtious in your responses

-- If we are to build a community, let us be helpful and kind to those asking for our assistance.

Getting a thread locked on purpose? STUPIDEST IDEA...EVER!!!

5. If you attribute a quote to another user, you must only use their words, and not edit the post to distort their meaning. Spoofed posts, which attribute words to somebody who didn't post them will be deleted.

-- It can be deceptive and hurtful. Please don't do this, even if the urge to parody another user is overpowering. Using a ... snip ... is in good taste when editing a quote for brevity.

Hmmm...

I hate all people of all races' date=' creeds, and religions. Also, I am secretly a Teletubby.[/quote']

Yeah, that should do.

Please remember the words of our beloved Captain and philosopher, Jean-Luc Picard: "We seek to better ourselves"

Let us build a little of our own 24th century utopia here!

I remember no such words, NiteShdw. I think you made that WHOLE THING UP!!!

So...is violating every rule good enough to lock the thread?

didn't he just make this exact same thread' date=' like two days ago? only to have it locked less than five minutes later by Tetsuo? (least I think it was Tet, maybe c4?)[/quote']

Its the same thread Mav, just read the first 3 posts.

This thread is complete nonsense, as are a lot of threads made lately. Unfortunatelly for me, there's no real rule against it, so I can only express my personal disaproval.

queenhank, this is an official public warning for you. Going out of your way to break all the rules just to try and make some kind of point isn't a good way to get a topic locked, it's a good way to get yourself banned. The posting rules still apply to everybody, even in nonsense threads in Mos Eisley.

Well...if you want to get this LOCKED...

Yeah, that should do.

So...is violating every rule good enough to lock the thread?

I hate all people of all races' date=' creeds, and religions. Also, I am secretly a Teletubby.[/quote']

i think i see your point dude but please dont misquote me.

i do not hate everyone. only people from sunderland and thats only cos im from newcsatle.

tho a bit uppity sometimes other forum members also should be able to back up the fact tat this is not the kind of comment i make or what i believe.

the purpose of this thread was a bit of enjoyable sillyness, nothng more. please understand that i do not condone nastiness in any form.

.....now back to the silliness:D

HA! Bet you didn't expect me to say that!

It certainly wasn't at the top of my list.

Betty Botter bought some butter,

but she said the butter's bitter.

'If I put it in my batter

It will make my batter bitter.'

So, she bought some better butter

better than her bitter butter.

It will make her batter better yet.

:cyclops: