The Facts

S0V13T

Here are the facts so far, so we can avoid having people posting the same questions over and over and over again, and prevent people from awnsering the same things over and over and over again.

Again, it should be stressed that I am not the owner of this site, and the information here is what is already commonly known, and will be updated as needed.

I am however, the temporary administrator of these forums, and this information should be concitered to be up to date, and an accurate represntation of the facts. It should NOT be concitered to be an official statement, or something suitable for media distribution.

- The MPAA announced that they have sued "NiteShadow.com" in this press release.

- The story has been picked up by many internet P2P news services (link to news.google.com, with 'NiteShadow MPAA' as the search query.).

- We have volunterily removed all our torrents, and tracking softwares from the server.

- NiteShdw has NOT recieved any contact from the MPAA's lawyers, or any official notice, or a list of accusations.

- Although the other sites mentioned in the press release are still online, we simply don't have the resources to fight the lawsuit, or to hire a lawyer to argue the validy of a torrent website against the MPAA's lawyers.

- NiteShdw is a dedicated husband and a father, not a dedicated torrent rights activist. This is someone elses fight.

- This website, and it's developers have no plans to offer torrents, a torrent tracker, or any form pf p2p supporting technologies, now, or at any time in the future. We will be retooling an existing project into something else. More details on the fate of the Torrent Tome project, as they are decided.

- The torrent tracker, and the forum do not keep any kind of record of users IP addresses / personal information other then what they have volunteered.

We appreciate the concern of the members of the forum, and their support, so here is how you can help us, and help yourself.

- Do not post torrents in the forum. (this is now a banable offence)

- Do not post links to torrents in the forum. (this is now a banable offence)

- Do not give instructions as to how others can obtain torrents, or pirated materials in the forum. (this is now a banable offence)

- Do assume that law enforcement agencies, MPAA officials, and lawyers are monitoring the forums.

- Do not assume that you have the God given right to finish any downloads that you have that used our tracker.

- Do use your own resources to locate another source for downloading.

- Do remember that this forum is for science fiction discussion only.

- Do remember that the moderators will delete any posts / topics that may further compromise NiteShdw.com, NiteShdw himself, and the members of this community of (mostly) like minded people.

- Do not identify me as any form of official representitive, frontman, or press contact for this website.

- Do post a link to this page in the event that someone asked a question / posted a comment elsewhere on the forum, and did not read this first.

- Do not pretend to be an expert in the law, or try to get the MPAA to see your side of the torrent download story. Unless you have passed the bar exam, you are not an expert, and you are spreading misinformation, and pissing people who have done their research / homework off.

- Do not post comments like "death to the MPAA, let's bomb them / crash an airplane into their buildings, lets start our own network, etc" as death threats, terrorisim, and conspiracy are widely concitered to be a criminal acts in the free world, and will not be tolerated on these boards. We are science fiction fans, not wanna be terrorists.

- Do not send any of the Moderators (especially S0V13T or NiteShdw) PM's asking for either infromation about how NiteShdw's is doing (it should be assumed that he's stressed out.), where you can find torrents, or anything covered by this guide. Private Messaging the forum staff are for things like reporting inapropriate posts, bug reports, and warnings. Not general chit chat.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well said its about time some one shut them all up i dont understand what the big deal is there gone thats it go else were to find them this place was good while it last as a torrent site but its a lot better as a form and the help that ppl can give is out of this world i have to say what u posted is spot on

rico

*Sniffle* I just found this (wicked pissa!) site a few days ago. This officially sucks floppy donkey appendage.

Welp, thanks for like a week of a veritable scifi-gasm, NiteShdw. Hopefully the folks at the MPAA who never learned to share in preschool will take it easy on you since you did what they wanted.

Dish :(

Nice job there S0V13T.

Can you add the line:

And do Not whine about it all, regardless if you joined the site a day ago, or a year and a half ago.

or something to that affect...

Hmmm... Directed at me, perhaps?

Yeah, I wasn't trying to whine, guess I got a lil overdramatic. More extending my sympathies and thanks. I may be a noob here but I still recognize that the people who run these sites are often overworked and struggle to cover the server bill. I realize Nite's probably got everyone and their mother saying the same stuff, but... well, mummy always taught me to say please and thank you!

Dish

PS. And thanks to S0V13T too... Yes I am oblivious...

Nice job there S0V13T.

Can you add the line:

And do Not whine about it all, regardless if you joined the site a day ago, or a year and a half ago.

or something to that affect...

Hmmm... Directed at me, perhaps?Yeah, I wasn't trying to whine, guess I got a lil overdramatic.

Not just you, but about 200 or 300 or so others the past 4 days or so.

Since I heard the news I have been keeping a better track on what goes on at the forum than before. And I like the forum and have the impression that it will blossom in it's own right. Please give my regards and best wishes to Niteshdw and his family. Being singled out in this way is definitely not a nice experience.

And thank you for the comprehensive explanation. It is much appreciated.