Signature Size

Symok

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mav and remedyu? did one of you guys make both your signitures' date=' or did you guys just use the same technique, if so what is it??[/quote']

It's just a bunch of pictures. No "technique" to it beyond making sure they're all the same dimensions....

Ah, I thought you meant about having them line up, etc.

As you say, its just a font and effects. Looks like just an outline and maybe a slight drop shadow... Most graphics programs have filters that let you put stuff like that in easily. The background looks like a gradient effect which, again, most graphics programs can do.

pft 75k is perfectly acceptable

if i get alot of dial up people asking me to change, i will but so far none have. its a reasonable size and dimension(s).

Personally, your sig doesn't bother me at all. I did get curious what a smaller file could look like for you though. Here's two .gifs that are smaller and one is animated.

mav.gif is 30kb and mav_sig.gif is 61kb.

Mav and remedyu? did one of you guys make both your signitures' date=' or did you guys just use the same technique, if so what is it??[/quote']

it's a style of images called userbars. they are simple to make and many tutorials can show you how. there are various methods to get the glossy look, and you're right the font is the same.

you basically make a 150x19 image. give it a background color (gradients look nice). new layer, a picture of something with a drop shadow. new layer, add the gloss. new layer, add text with a 1 point stroke of black for the outline effect.

just google userbars that'll explain it in much more detail alot better than I can ;p

remey change back ur avtar... tha nu ones just plain gay!!!!!!!!

Cmon, it's not that bad is it? :p

ooh man it seems like those userbars are really popping up all over the forum' date=' my apologies to Mav and remedyu for sort of taking away the thunder and originality by bringing it up hahahaha![/quote']

User bars are suppose to add a little personality to the poster. So I guess you can let people know what kinda person you are by having some user bars as a signature. Take a look at May's bars and you know he's a crazy sci fi user. One look at mine and you'll think I'm a soccer fanatic, pootyhead seems like star trek alot and of course we seem to have a hacker in our forum :p (matrix style)

ok it was kinda neat if you look at it once & realise the chick had to look twice before she noticed she was getting kissed but... not good for an avtar, it comes second to that vitural girl pic that Theavenge had... duno if you seen it :).. me think it would attract unwanted attention by passers by... and get the wrong ideas... :)

once i got asked if i was looking at 'naked girls'.. because of theanveng avtar... lol...

ok it was kinda neat if you look at it once & realise the chick had to look twice before she noticed she was getting kissed but... not good for an avtar' date=' it comes second to that vitural girl pic that Theavenge had... duno if you seen it :).. me think it would attract unwanted attention by passers by... and get the wrong ideas... :)[/quote']

Sigh, everyone's a critic :p

Okay, there you go. Back to "fred the red"