Signature Size

Symok

What are the rules regarding signature lengths/images in sigs? When I first joined I think I just based my length off someone else's (though it was a while ago, I don't really recall) I've got an image I'm thinking of putting in, but I need to know how small to make it, and how much text I could also include.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

we're pretty lenient on them. file size, i wouldn't go over like, 500k (just in case theres a couple dialup users lurking around). dimensions, well thats debateable. i think as long as it's tasteful and doesn't break the forum borders for the majority of people then it's cool. the general rule of thumb most people go by (on other forums that is) is around 500x150. I tend to keep mine within that limit, usually around 400x100 or less.

or multiples of... eh mav... :)

I went to try & find the FAQ for you but..........................

I'm sure the site FAQ's will be updated in the near future.

To inform us all of the regulations.

edit: ok there are 'New Regulations' now..... site FAQ

Understandably the site is going through a 'transitional' period.

post-edit: i think i'll post this again in the other threads :)

well i had the new ones merged into a single image as i did before but i ran into a snag. the last image that has my name on it, when part of a whole image I couldnt make that one portion transparent. sadly my PS skills havent mastered how to make one single rectangular portion of a image do such that. I can make like, an outline or something do it but not that.

*shrug* it's only like 3 pixels bigger when they aren't merged into one, each of them is like is like 5kb anyway ;p

Mav...

I'm still amazed you got them all to line up :)

All you gotta do is use the tags. I put three of them in a row, then just hit enter and did another three, enter, another three, etc. ;)

Guest c4evap
Personally' date=' I'm from the somewhat strict school regarding message boards. No pictures in signatures, 4-5 lines at the most and no moving avatars. But, this is not my forum. Which is fortunate for most of the visitors here. :p[/quote']

I think I'm falling in love...

c4 :cyclops:

wooow.. mav that around 75kb just for ur siggy.... gulp!!

i'm pretty sure you could have got that down to 10-20kb if it were on big jpg... even a png would do (have you tried using 256 colours only??)....

not being picky... bt i've seen other fourms where every one had a big picture as a sig.... it was anoying as hell since it took ages to view a page... maybe there server was a bit poopy!!! :p....

yea user bars are snazy as hell. i had to scale mine down. can you imagine the size if i used the full length? 150 x 19' date=' multiplied times like fifthteen bars o_O[/quote']

Yeah, you'd get banned in a jiffy :rolleyes: hehe

I see you're a fan of many shows

Guest c4evap
I think I'm falling in love...

Ahh, sarcasm is the language of the gods.

I'm glad you approve.

c4 :rolleyes: