Have you stopped downloading since the MPAA announcement?

NiteShdw

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@ Lieutenant Hilander 72

You've been had and you should tell the owner about this...

utorrent official website: http://www.utorrent.com/

I told him and he said there wasn''t anything he could do about it.

I'm quitting this site, every time I preview my post and try to edit it, it gets deleted, i'm sick of it.

Goodbye, it was friggin fun while it lasted.

I would never download something I wasn't entitled to. There are a few torrent sites that host only legal downloads, mostly concert recordings by bands that encourage fans to record and share. That's it. Period. What does that have to do with the MPAA?

But a friend of a friend downloads, so I hear. The MPAA's activities have not caused this person to modify their downloading activities one bit. If one site closes, my friend's friend simply finds another source. I recently heard that this person had said "The avian flu pandemic might not be a total loss - 90% of MPAA employees and attorneys would not be able to work." Sounds like overkill to me. This person is probably mentally unbalanced, and certainly not a Christian.

But I tell you, love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you.

Matthew 5:44

Guest c4evap
Have you stopped downloading since the MPAA announcement?

No friggin' way! Downloading more now than ever before!

c4 :D

Only problem i have with downloading is what to download and where to put it on my HDD i am deleting stuff i havent watched to make way for stuff i probably wont watch either.

Its a shame really because once upon a time i downloaded to watch something and deleted it and now i am not watching it arghhhhhhhh information overload.

What these so called upholders of censorship and moral values are doing is just not right. To quote Robby the Robot from Lost in Space 'It does Not Compute.'

Guest c4evap

I do download quite a bit...but...if the MPAA ever walked into my house they'd see I've spent a ton of $$$ on movies and various TV series. If I download it and really, really like it...I usually buy it.

At any rate...I'm sure the good folks that manufacture blank DVD/CD medium love us to bits!

c4 B)

• 2 weeks later...

As of right now, being in Canada and DL'ing is working for us; as long as we don't upload a bulk they leave you alone.

Most ISPs here have refused to turn records over to the MPAA or RIAA's canadian counterparts; and have won in court.

Some of the intense privacy laws here work against us, but this one works for us quite well.

It also says in the christian scriptures:-

Acts 4:18-20

" Then they... commanded them not to speak or teach at all in the name of Jesus. But Peter and John replied, “Judge for yourselves whether it is right in God’s sight to obey you rather than God. For we cannot help speaking about what we have seen and heard.â€ÂÂ

My d/l are mostly of those tv progs (esp Startrek) that I have seen when shown on TV

and would like to see again.

However as a Pensioner (US Senior Citizen) on a limited income I cannot afford the

excessive prices charged for the DVD releases of those same shows.

With this profiteering its no wonder 'Enterprise' was cut short.

Besides all the above few if any of the Movies I saw in cinemas are ever released again

and once again the DVD version if still available are excessively priced.

Thanks for reading this maybe even the 'Official bodies' will take notice.

what do they say ' in your dreams'!!!

no change to d/l habits, except where i get my torrents obviously

if these wankers sold their products for a reasonable price and not a rip off they would sell a hell of a lot more and

have a larger profit base not to mention ,making all tv shows and movies available on dvd.

Stop downloading?!? The hell. Why would I stop downloading? Just because some corperation wants to make more money by draining my wallet on overprised merchandise?

Lets put this into perspective...Problems of the world: Americans killing people in Iraq, Iraqies killing people in Iraq, religions supressing peoples: thoughts, knowledge, freedomes. Media sensoring information based on political reasons. Earths non renewable energy sources drying up. Billions and Billions of dollars being waisted on killing people around the world. Corperations killing the planet / people / animals / my wallet. Corperations ripping off their own employees and their consumers so that their upper managment and CEO's can become filthy stinking rich while the guys at the bottom slave away night and day just to get by. Racial problems around the world....The list goes on and on and on.

Now I work my ass off just to pay the bills, put food in my stomach and still manage to have a few bucks kicking around so that I can relax every now and then with a nice cold one by myside and these assh*les are so conserned with making an extra 5% by spending 1% to find the guys that are stealing their 6% that they dont care that the people that are so called stealing this 6% are real people, not criminals, usually underage kids that cant afford to pay for their overprised "merchandise" in the first place. If I was rich and spending hundreds of dollars a week on media was possible, then yeah I would spend it, but I cant, so I wont. And if downloading some movies and music to listen to on my free time is such a crime, than this world is in even more trouble then just the few problems listed above.

As a Canadian I personally have never been afraid of the MPAA or any other copy right institution, and until my government passes a legislation makeing downloading of this type of material illegal I am going to continue downloading and the MPAA and US Govt can Kiss My Great white Northern A** for all I care, Ya know what PI**es me off the most is that most of the people who work for these copyright protection companies probably have p2p or torrent software running on thier pc's right now, president bush goes to bed at night, but first he has to check the satus of his torrent downloads to see if his copy of StarWars is done downloading.

NiteShdws offered access to material that is available to anyone just by turning on thier tv's, he had strict rules about uploading any new movies, so the MPAA had better start going into peoples houses and taking away thier vcr's and tv tuner cards because people record movies and tv shows right from television and thats no different than what Nite was doing here.

But more importantly is what Niteshdws really offered, A place for people with simillar interests to gather and become a community, personally I have never been able to talk about anything sci fi without being called a nerd or a loser or being laughed at, but not here, here I have been treated with respect and friendship, and a sence of belonging.

So to NiteShdw I say Thank you.

To the MPAA I say Chew My A** NAZI Bas*ards!

• 4 weeks later...

i dl 24/7 . Since im from eu they can kiss my ass .l. :p . In my country you get like 5 years for murder so even if the catch me i couldn`t get more than a month xD

this one apllies to me best

Not at all. I download 24/7 just out of spite. I don't even watch half of it!

:)