Wonderful fiscal policies...

GorunNova

Tax cuts and program cuts

"We're sorry, but we'll have to cut $40 billion from programs that help working families, among other things. I know a lot of health programs will be terminated, student loans'll go up, and a lot of crap will happen, but it's absolutely necessary to fight the deficit! We've gotta tighten our belts to help out America!

... also, we're cutting taxes for the already rich people out there by around $70 billion."

It's the same everywhere, unfortunately... Since the rich are in power in most countries because it requires money to get elected... In theory it doesn't, in practice it does... Maybe not your own, but that only makes you a puppet in the end...

Anyhow, safe to say that these kind of decisions have stopped surprising me... Faith in fair government was lost... Only mild continuous outrage is still here... :(

Imagine how many people and lives would have been saved if America had not of spent so many millions (if not billions) on the "War on Terrorism"? That money could have fed a ton of people, given many shelter, clothes, blankets, even basic medicines.

Only in America...

... Only mild continuous outrage is still here... :(

Well, I hope you find a use for it, because if kept beyond its expiry date, rage can be hazardous to your health. I've had many bad bouts of it myself. One day, however, I realized that it was killing me, without having any effective impact on the objects of my fury.

One of my favourite sayings goes something like this,

Hatred is like acid.

It can sometimes do more damage to the container in which it is stored than to the object on which it is poured.

I think the same is true of rage.

"We're sorry, but we'll have to cut $40 billion from programs that help working families, among other things. I know a lot of health programs will be terminated, student loans'll go up, and a lot of crap will happen, but it's absolutely necessary to fight the deficit! We've gotta tighten our belts to help out America!

... also, we're cutting taxes for the already rich people out there by around $70 billion."

the rich people are the people trhat provide a lot of your jobs

if they stop helping the poor family man then maybe the poor family man will get enough from the employer to live on

in my experience if you are one of the unfortunate who qualify for help from the state then you are in a trap you cannot get out of

and the stinking rich are laughing all the way to the bank with YOUR money

stop the handouts and insist on a liveable wage

a livable wage would also mean that taxes would go down!!

Such a lack of grasp of basic fiscal policy here people.

Tax cuts are time and time again proven to increase revenue, not lower it.

The rich are those at the top of the career ladder, the people providing the jobs. With lower taxes, they're more likely to set up business, and provide jobs and income.

Raise taxes for the top earners and they leave, taking jobs with them.

Simple.

Trickle down anyone?

To persue sociallist economic policy, more often heard as 'tax and spend' doesn't work either. At least cutting tax for the upper earners is proven to stimulate economic growth and increase revenue.

Left wing monetary policies are time and time again proven failures.

Right wing economic policies doesn't work either.

The policies that Bush is trying has been done before. During the Reagan years, it was tried as well. It wasn't called Voodoo Economics for nothing, you know.

Trickle down theory states that by cutting taxes for the rich, they will take the saved money and reinvest in the nation. However, in practice, the rich merely pocket their money and cut costs, stating the economy is poor. In essence, they use the reason for the tax cuts as a reason to lay more workers off and cut expenses.

What is really needed is an economic policy that removes behaviour from the equation.