new trek?

david3uk

When u think about it, he's almost right, i man if they keep making crapy stuff like enterprise.....who's gona want to watch trek anymore?

Enterprise was one of the best trek series. You think its season one and two were crappy? Just look at TNG, DS9 and VOY's seasons one and two. Enterprise looks excellent in comparision.

Seasons Three and four were excellent in their own ways. Season Three was Trek's (I mean TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY and ENT) darkest season while Season Four was just plain great for the most part.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have come to the conclussion, and many of you backed me up in the poll I held earlier, that it would be hard to go back from where DS9 and Voyager fineshed off.

If you go back in time as Enterprise did everything technology wise is cruder and less powerfull.

I mean if you play around on an old computer with old games they can be fun but eventually you want something better because you've seen much better games or in this case the future.

My idea is a new series set a generation after the last movie (2380) around early 2400s.

A new ship has launched with the capability of travelling outside our galaxy with a technology developed 5 years earlier. They set of on a new adventure to somewhere fairly close like the large megellenic cloud but when they arrive there they don't find any sentient beings and they have to investigate why. Eventually they do find new beings but they are very different.

Not sure a bout this last bit but it has to be different to Voyager and they can get home but they are explorers.

A DS9 or Voyager movie would be cool

Also they could use some of the books for guidelines to new shows

DS9 so needs a movie.

Sure Sisko is a Prophet now, but they could reuse that storyline where a Prophet took over Kira and a Pah'wraith took over Jake.

Like, the Pah'Wraiths, all of them, break out of the Fire Caves. The Prophets, much like the Ascended Ancients from SG-1 won't take action aganist them. Except for Sisko. Doing so, forces the Prophets hand and they return him to human form and severe ties with him.

Then the rest of the movie, which could leave room for a sequel, could be about the Pah'Wraiths going about the moral and physical destruction of Bajor, trying to convert people to their "ways". Since you can't really fight a "god" outside of the Celestial Temple without killing many other innocent lives (as seen as how they got Kai Winn got them out of Kira/Jake) Sisko could go off and make an alliance, with Q. (come on, we all wanna see Q in a Trek movie finally...)

For the next series 2 things/concepts comes to mind.

1. A klingon series

OR

2.Temporal Cold War from enterprise but be based in daniels time and maybe cast him as a lead character.

With number 1 I think it would be interesting to see life entirely from a klingon point of view in a warrior all guns blazing type of approach.

With number 2 I think this would be the best honestly. With time travel being a big issue in this show the possibilities would be endless!! like all the best trek series roled into one and the possibility to interconnect between them all and thus bring back ANY character. And not to mention..TECHNOLOGY!! Thats been a major reason people love trek I think and in order to impress people the way STNG did it must be revolutionary. Time travel could be a common element along with ships that use something even better then warp drive say a wormhole or temporal conduit generator or something. And medicine far better than in any trek show yet.

Oh well just my 2 cents worth.

Q could probably whoop some Pah Wraith ass!

Oh easily. Thats where you throw in a twist into plot, such as Q only helping the Feds if he uses his knowledge not his powers, or something to bring him down to the Pah Wraiths level. Other wise it'd just be an unfair fight that would be over in a blink of an eye with Q's powers.

To be honest, i wouldn't be interested in a ds9 prophet movie... I actually didn't like that arc of ds9 that much... It all seemed kinda stupid at some times and so cliche... I must admit it had good episodes, but the last fight between them was just lame... The war is what made ds9 very interesting in my opinion... I mean, how many times have they used, all powerful god-like beings... Its just boring (except Q, since that brings in humor)

I could go for a DS9 movie. Something exploring the Gamma quadrant a bit more. There have to be other powers besides the Dominion in the Gamma quadrant. I'd like to see something about that personally.

As far as a new series goes I'd personally love to see something based on the timeship Relativity, however not every single episode could take place in the past. I'm sure that there would be some sort of threat in the 29th century.

Ultimately the problem for me is that Trek is just stuck in a rut, Enterprise represented the only fundamental change in format in season 4 where the season consisted mainly of miniarcs.

Even DS9 only managed a loose story arc most of the time.

I couldn't agree with GlaC more about god-like beings. I mean, that was TOS fodder and while I liked Q... it gets to be a bit predictable - oh no, an immortal godlike being that knows everything but doesn't have a clue about humanity.

Because that's never been done before.

That's the difference, Q does have a clue about humanity. He knows what we will become millions and billions of years from now. He also knows that humans are evolved enough to know we can alter our own future (one reason for many of his little "tests").

Q knows whats up with Humans, he just enjoys a good jab at lower lifeforms from time to time ;)

Does it matter? IQ isn't really a particularly good measure of anything other than how well you can take an IQ test. I imagine Q could do a pretty good job at that.

good point as IQ is supposed to measure logic, q would have no problems with that but the fact is that humans are inherently ilogical beings

Hmmm, time wars, going back to correct timelines, didn't they do that in Timecop, 7 Days etc, etc? I agree Enterprise was just starting to get it together as they decided to axe it or was it more like storylines improved because they knew they were under threat and hoped to avoid the axe? I'm not sure of the timelines on that one. I do agree that TNG, the best of them all, took a couple of series to feel its way and then went from strength to strength. I don't honestly think that will happen again.

Much as it pains me to say it, I think Brannon Braga has killed ST stone dead for a long time to come. His efforts with Threshold proved his worth (or lack thereof) and the studios will be reluctant to pick Trek up again unless someone comes up with a radical change of formula. Shame but a fact of life unfortunately.

Still, it paved the way for Stargate, Battlestar Galactica, Surface, Invasion etc, all excellent sci-fi shows which would probably not have seen the light of day without the proof provided by ST viewing figures to convince the studios that we were out here avidly waiting to pounce on superior sci-fi with orbital ratings guaranteed to follow.

Now, tell me more about bra sizes and contents...

Oh God, I had a good idea yesterday...but I can't remember it now.

However, I have another idea. Star Trek: The Acadamy...it takes place on Earth, and follows the lives of cadets at the acadamy and the internal politics of Starfleet. Or maybe that would be boring. Or it could be interesting...if they toss in some weird experiments that go wrong, or training exercises that become all too real, and training missions on alien planets, and such.

Or maybe one on a crew that does Terraforming on a planet far from Earth, and they run into problems with some alien factions nearby. Or maybe there is a problem, and they are forced to live out life on the planet they were trying to terraform. Or maybe not...that was a bit of a stretch. Ha...

OH! How about one in the eyes of the Maquis! We always see the show from mostly a single point. Perhaps if they moved the focus to the Maquis, they can bring a new light to the show. Hell, they can also involve some old storylines from the previous shows, like the ones in TNG, DS9, and VOY, and show it from the Maquis side...It will involve fighting, touching storylines, comandeering ships, weapons, supplies, finding allies, exciting characters that you might not be able to trust all of the time...

Hm, or maybe there can be another exploration mission...i mean, really, only around 19% of the galaxy is explored, or something. And if they can create new comraderie as good as TOS, with some new storylines and new species, and some fresh conflict, and maybe some craaaazzzy twists, and maybe including new allies with existing races, with dynamic characters, and tie it in well with what is already on the board, and place it after the Voyager timeline, maybe it will become great.

However, giving it a few years break is a good idea.

As long as there are fans, Star Trek is not dead. As long as the IDEA is still out there, somewhere, it is alive. Even if there are no series, or movies in the making, it doesn't mean it is gone forever. I do agree that it may be a bit too much right now, and it would be good to have a break. After a couple of years, if they feel up to it, they will come back feeling fresher. Perhaps even better.

Wow - those are great ideas Baka neko! - i especially like the StarTrek: The Academy idea - it wouldn't so much be about action but i can still see it being really good - i don't think it would be boring - i like that idea :) And the Maquis idea is simply great!