Trek question

motoxjesse

Never cared much for Family Guy. Saw a few episodes here and there, it has its amusing moments. I've always been more of a Simpsons fan (come on who didn't laugh like hell when Nimoy was on the show).

Quark Griffin hahahah i thought that was really funny! another good one is a TNG joke they made recently where they actually got Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes, and Micheal Dorn to spoof themselves.

Mav i'm as much of a Simpsons fan as the next guy but you have to admit that lately The Simpsons has been getting EXTREMELY lame!! the show should just get cancelled already it's nothing like it used to be, and way overdone.

enterprisefamilyguy3ga.png

crewfamilyguy0nk.png

Yeah, they know you fanboys would hock body parts to see more Trek.

Family guy - since returning - hasn't been as funny.

Simpsons hasn't been funny for around... five-six years.

American Dad... only ever mildly amusing.

I agree, Family guy isn't funny anymore. Simpsons stopped being funny after season 7-8 I think and I have never watched American Dad. We need new animation. Trippin the Rift was funny but when I tried watching it the second time, it just started pissing me off.

Hmmm, maybe time to go back to older sitcoms. Seinfeld, Frasier, Cheers, etc.

me think it was...

are you being served... or is that a freak imitation???

i agree on the simpsons going down hill...

but family guy kicks ass!!! well most of the time :)

you gotta laugh at the gag where kirk is in the play 'fiddler on the roof' bending & moving in arkward postions as he does in tos and all of a sudden breaks out by saying...............

khan!!!!!!!!!! :)

the tng gag in the movie was really that good... they sould stick to tos... i guess they feared most ppl won't relate to that

The problem with Family Guy is that it's SO mired in American pop culture references, I don't get a fair few of the jokes... and ultimately that kind of humour dates pretty rapidly.

Although the TNG scene was funny.

Patrick Stewart presumably did the voice because he's also a recurring character in American Dad.

American Dad isn't as good as Family Guy, and as mentioned, that's not so great anymore.

The Fiddler on the Roof scene was hilarious though.

What did people think of the reference in The Simpsons? What was it, "Star Trek XII - So Very Tired"? That was rather humorous.