Mav

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a) he is the king

&

b) he is the king!!!!

btw my prev comment was to re-enforce that one of the traites of being addicted is that you can't live with-out the substance.... i wasn't point the finger of blame... ;)

btw with the car thing.. i heard there was a car show in europe (i forget whats its called)...

some guy made a super efficeint engine using on 2 cyclinders & desil.....

yep he could get around i think 170 miles to the galon i think....

i think that the car weighing in at around 1/2 a ton helped too...

guess whos gona get shot...????

btw would you really drive a 1/2 ton car when every on else has a +1 ton advantage over you???

That article offered me no evidence to backup claims that the changes are a result of anthropologic emissions and the enhanced greenhouse effect.

Remember kiddies, global warming isn't a completely man made process. The Earth experiences natural cycles of warmer and colder weather. This particular incident could be attributes to entering a warm phase in the North Atlantic Oscilation, for example.

Global warming isn't completely anthropogenic.

btw would you really drive a 1/2 ton car when every on else has a +1 ton advantage over you?

People do it everyday. What do you think motorcycles are? 300 pound cars. AND more fuel efficient AND more economical / less congestive. Some even have roofs or have enclosures to keep rain out. Carver

750a4e2f390483522ede4a61edce2da9-image.jpg

BTW, what's so bad about global warming? I hate the cold, and we could due to lose all that damn ice at the poles. Hell maybe we'll discover freakin atlantis there.

Personally I just find US cars to be uninventive, unimaginative, and boring. You do know that Japan and the US steal all the tech that the Germans invented first, don't you? Yet the US fails to use half of it properly or at all. The only thing Chuck Norris will catch in his truck is ZZZZZZZZZs

Even BMW is feeling the pinch, by adding for the first time ever a twin turbo v6 to save fuel but have high performance instead of using a v8. They're late, Audi has had them for 5 years, and I own one.

Sry Wahaha, but i dissagree with your statment that the japanese stole tec from the germans, i mean have you ever worked on a japanese car??? im geman myself and i cant fit my hands in anywhere, impossible to work on, and truthe is look at the class that a german car has in comparisson, it comes close but thats it. seriously i cant stand working on those japanese cars, tho they are so reliable.

Well, much of the oil we use isn't just burned in cars, it is used to fuel the turbines that produce the electricity in your homes. No matter how efficient we make the cars, you won't solve the problem.

One of the best ways to start solving this issue is by legislation. Ban the standard light bulb. The most efficient standard bulbs out there are only 10% efficient, meaning that for every one watt of energy actually converted into light, 9 watts are wasted, usually as heat. A flourecent bulb is 4 times as efficient, using a quarter of the energy a standard one does.

But why are there still standard bulbs on store shelves? For some, it is a matter of ignorance. They don't know about the developments on these new bulbs. Others could care less, and just want to buy whatever is cheaper. They don't think that while they save money on the bulb itself, they waste a lot of energy.

So, how do we get people to change? Well, we have been trying to educate people. Unfortunately, this hasn't worked. One person in my building is openly hostile to using anything other than these energy wasters. The only way many of these people will change is to force it on them. Make it so the old, energy wasting bulbs are banned from being sold in the United States. Before you know it, the ones openly hostile to changing over will be using these, and saving a ton of money.

Also of note, the diesel engine was originally designed to run not on petroleum, but on vegetable oil. It wasn't till automakers adapted this efficient engine for it to run on petroleum. Switching over is so easy, usually requiring as little as a tune up. We can even use waste oils produced by our food service industry, creating a fuel source from something that normally just gets tossed out.

You are right. It isn't completely caused by us.

Most respected scientists think that MOST of it is caused by us.

From Wiki:

The scientific opinion on climate change, as expressed by the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) and explicitly endorsed by the national science academies of the G8 nations, is that the average global temperature has risen 0.6 ± 0.2 °C since the late 19th century, and that it is likely that "most of the warming observed over the last 50 years is attributable to human activities" [1]. A small minority of qualified scientists contest the view that humanity's actions have played a significant role in increasing recent temperatures.

Another Quote:

"There is an ongoing dispute about what effect humans have on the global climate and what policies should be followed to mitigate any current detrimental effects, and prevent future detrimental effects. Although not fully settled, the current consensus from the official scientific communities on climate change is that recent warming is largely human-caused. There is near consensus among scientists that global warming is already occurring due to greenhouse gases."

The only people saying that the evidence "isn't conclusive enough" are politicians and oil funded studies.

Some More Good Links:

http://www.sciencemag.org/cgi/content/full/306/5702/1686

http://www.realclimate.org/

So G-Dubya Bush says that it isn't real....oh...and his friends' oil funded studies say the same!! Thats perfectly reliable....lets just ignore the people who have made it their lives work to study this.

China was probably the first country to use LED traffic signals. Because when I came home, all of a sudden everyone was proclaiming their benefits and switching over to them even with their high cost. I've been using a white LED night light in the bathroom with a light sensor on it, but it's been on constantly for the past 3-4 yrs and STILL has 7 more to go. Even have a white LED keychain light with different settings and SOS mode.

People don't like fluorescent bulbs because they look horrible under the light. But right now they're still more efficient and brighter than LED bulbs.

And look at all the yellow waste on the road at night. Out of all the cars I maybe see 3 at most with blue/white headlights, and I'm one of them, with xenons. Your car is using more energy to power those 100 watt bulbs when I only need 35. Too bad the bulbs cost $150 each.

i dissagree with your statment that the japanese stole tec from the germans

If the Germans had a patent on engineering like the drug makers do, everyone BUT the Germans would still be driving 1970's chevy no-gos (nova), like those hillbillies on redneck horsepower TV, SPiKE. Fuel Injection anyone? Mercedes.

Not only do they copy engineering tech and then re-label it, but they copy design tech because they have as much sense of aesthetics as a blind vorta.

i dissagree with your statment that the japanese stole tec from the germans

...Fuel Injection anyone? Mercedes...

No, Mr. Chekov, Adams Farwell of Dubuque, Iowa invented fuel injection. Perhaps you would care to name some more of these 'stolen' inventions and their German 'inventors'.

http://www.autospeednet.com/sites/3dauto.com/viewterm/2464/0/

http://www.motorera.com/history/hist04.htm

yeah wat about synthetic oil' date=' as long as we have an alternet to gas and such, we can still use synthetics right?[/quote']

yeah, sorta. I know that we can compress grass under extreme heat and pressure to make oil or somehting. Also there is that corn oil that NASCAR uses, but then ppl complain that America has so much food that we use it for cars and not give it to poor hungry ppl. Its kinda a double edge sword.