"You are addicted to oil."

Mav

When Gas goes to 5 dollars a gallon we'll all be riding bicycles and making more informed decisions on where we want to go today! Keep in mind our infrastructure relies on Interstate Trucking, so everything else is going to go up as well. Think about how much petrol it takes just to make a big truck tire, that's another huge problem right there. What the USA should have done a long time ago is adopt an efficient rail system, back then gas was cheap and no one cared, that's all about to change. My advice if you have a big SUV gashog is to sell it now because in August when gas hits $3.50 a gallon nobodys going to want to buy it.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When Gas goes to 5 dollars a gallon we'll all be riding bicycles and making more informed decisions on where we want to go today! Keep in mind our infrastructure relies on Interstate Trucking' date=' so everything else is going to go up as well. Think about how much petrol it takes just to make a big truck tire, that's another huge problem right there. What the USA should have done a long time ago is adopt an efficient rail system, back then gas was cheap and no one cared, that's all about to change. My advice if you have a big SUV gashog is to sell it now because in August when gas hits $3.50 a gallon nobodys going to want to buy it.[/quote']

I can see the headlines now... "Obesity Epidemic Over! Oil Shortage Responsible."

I have no problems since I am a pro mt. biker. Getting on a $2,100 Cannondale full suspension bike everyday is awesome. Hell I even rode a bike to school instead of taking the bus when I was a kid. Back in those days we had to split wood using our forehead!! circa 1987

The US rail system is a joke, and it always will be. The govt will need to bail amcrack out or simply let them die and start over with hopefully a completely new MAGLEV railway. It's the logical and ONLY way to go.

I have no problems since I am a pro mt. biker. Getting on a $2,100 Cannondale full suspension bike everyday is awesome. Hell I even rode a bike to school instead of taking the bus when I was a kid. Back in those days we had to split wood using our forehead!! circa 1987

The US rail system is a joke, and it always will be. The govt will need to bail amcrack out or simply let them die and start over with hopefully a completely new MAGLEV railway. It's the logical and ONLY way to go.

I agree, we need to start fresh with a modern rail system!

Years ago when i first visited Europe i was amazed at how superior there public transportation was over ours. I really liked the idea of hopping on a train and going just about anywhere. I cant stand driving and do so because i have to, if there was another alternative id gladly welcome it. There's just so many positives with a rail system.

1 Cheaper then driving

2 No mandatory insurance likeyou have to carry when owning an auto

3 mechanical upkeep for an auto can be not only frustrating but expensive

4 less pollution

5 Far safer

6 You get to meet different people whereas an auto the only thing you do is listen to the radio

7If your on a long trip you can lay down for a nap

8. There's a barcar for long range trips

etc, etc, etc.......

For the fellow with the Bike....it takes me alot less time to drive a bicycle down to the convenience store then driving my car. During the day i walk or pedal all the time. Now at night is a different story it's around 11pm here and i need to pick up some little things down at the market. NOW i'll use my car because i live in the city and dont feel like being raped tonight. I also dont like taking the train later in the evening because of the same reason. I dont know what happened after 911 but security at the local level hasnt improved one iota. Last year i was assaulted at downtown crossing....A bum or a weird person was trying to panhandle me, which was fine this happens alot....I think they pick on women because we're weak targets= it's easier to give a bum a quarter, well with inflation more like a dollar now because if you give them just a quarter there not really satisfied with that. But anyway to make a long story short this bum grabbed my arm violently and i turned around and sprayed hot pepper spray right in his face. So taking the train into town late at nite can be risky unless your with a man. In Europe they dont seem to have this problem maybe it's because there more civilized. Im sure they have incidents but not on the same level we do.

1 Cheaper then driving

4 less pollution

5 Far safer

6 You get to meet different people whereas an auto the only thing you do is listen to the radio

1. On a per jurney basis (I'm traveling 220 miles on a train in about an hour) driving is cheaper, and factor this over a long period, driving does cost less in most cases.

4. Per passenger cars are less poluting than trains in the UK.

5. Based on what?

6. I never talk to people on trains, it's laptop out all the way.

• 3 weeks later...

Mod Note: Post deleted. Katrina, please stop attracting unwanted attention regarding illegal downloads to this site. NiteShdw has absolutely no affiliation with this sort of thing, and we do not appreciate your hints and outright atttention whoring to thos subject.

This is your absolute last warning regarding this sort of behaviour. Promote illegal downloading once more, or post one more link to illegal torrent websites and you will be banned.

End of discussion.

Mod Note: Post deleted. Katrina, please stop attracting unwanted attention regarding illegal downloads to this site. NiteShdw has absolutely no affiliation with this sort of thing, and we do not appreciate your hints and outright atttention whoring to thos subject.

This is your absolute last warning regarding this sort of behaviour. Promote illegal downloading once more, or post one more link to illegal torrent websites and you will be banned.

End of discussion.

Maybe you should ban the person who works for the fucking industry! I didnt say anything about illegal downloads! NOT ONCE did i mention copyrighted works! I never posted a link to an illegal torrent website! Also the US courts havent ruled yet whether sites that host torrents are illegal. The courts that have ruled ie. Sweden have determined there not illegal.

But your right ive seen way to much complaining so ban me if you must! I can see my participation just isnt wanted here!

This site is under surveillance by the government (International governments included) and even posting that you intend to upload a TV show could cause more hot water for Niteshdw. I understand you're upset against the MPAA and other authorities katerina but this isn't going to help Nite's case at all. So S0V13T is actually doing his job, had anyone else of done the same he'd have nailed their post as well.

And let me be perfectly clear after speaking to serveral of my contacts in various industries, it's not just Nite that can get into trouble.

To be fair Steveo - Britain has horrendously expensive rail compared to everyone else. It's something like £10 to go 200 miles in Eastern Europe. In Britain, it's £10 for 36 miles.

This site is under surveillance by the government (International governments included) and even posting that you intend to upload a TV show could cause more hot water for Niteshdw. I understand you're upset against the MPAA and other authorities katerina but this isn't going to help Nite's case at all. So S0V13T is actually doing his job, had anyone else of done the same he'd have nailed their post as well.

And let me be perfectly clear after speaking to serveral of my contacts in various industries, it's not just Nite that can get into trouble.

Fine i moved my business over to the clone site. Im not going to watch everything that i say. Also if this is really true Niteshadow should 86 his blog because that's pissing them off more then anything.

But anyway they won one this morning sure got rid of yours truly! Actually they didnt win a fucking thing since im over at the _____ site posting and ______ing to my hearts desire. So come on over to the ____ it needs more traffic take a look around________ im sure you can find something you want to ______load.

Also i wouldnt be me if i didnt post a farewell insult to the mp**

FUCK YOU DAN YOU LOOK LIKE UNCLE FESTER AND JUDGING BY THE SUITS YOU WEAR YOU SHOULD BE SELLING ELECTROLUX NOT HEADING UP THE MP**

• 2 weeks later...
That aside, how the frak does one become "addicted" to oil? He makes it sound like the population of our country (or any country for that matter) has an active choice in this matter.

Sort of like the heroin pusher telling his customer that the junkie is an addict! It truly is outrageous!

But inspite of the multiple layers of hypocrisy, we are addicted to oil. And, we're living at the global peak of oil production, while demand for oil will go up as India and China become more serious oil junkies.

Even from a dark-soul like Bush, admitting the truth is a start. Yes, we are addicted to oil. A sudden withdrawal would probably be fatal (read Jared Diamond's Collapse for historical examples). Increasing prices over a few decades may prompt change. Whatever change we come up with will have to include brilliant repurposing of infrastructure or it will be a disgusting kludge. Given the complexities of the situation, we'll probably have elements of both.

OTOH, I heard a piece on NPR's Science Friday that examined using ethanol. It's working quite well in Brazil (but they've been working on it for 25+ years). In theory, we could nearly run America on ethanol generated from sawmill waste!

Can he buy his way around that.....if he could i bet he'd try, forgive my ignorance im from canada, and im a musician, i cant spell so it goes with out standing i know nothing about politics either..lol

Given his current approval ratings, I don't think Bush can buy his way into a 3rd term. I think the Republicans would like to get rid of him NOW so that he doesn't drag them down with him!

Remember kiddies, global warming isn't a completely man made process. The Earth experiences natural cycles of warmer and colder weather. This particular incident could be attributes to entering a warm phase in the North Atlantic Oscilation, for example.

Global warming isn't completely anthropogenic.

Correct.......

Al "The Pal" Gore is wrong about Global Warming, period.......Cow farts have more impact than we do, and by the time GW becomes a problem, the cycle will reverse itself.

:stare:

Yes... but we BREED those cows. Of course, volcanoes on the other hand, they do a lot.

There was actually an item I heard on the radio about how this guy thinks we've been doing it for ages. Since the hunter-gatherer era.