should I leave this community

msg4real

I would like to know what you think

because of things I have not visted the site very much and I will came every so often but if the mojority say leave i will leave, and wont return for a long while. If you gues think i should stay I will stay.

If you have any questions or comments please pm me or IM me ( I have icq, aim (msg4real), yahoo (cmputer_tech_of_the_year), gtalk, and on rizon.net and lemonadeburst.1984.org.uk)

Mods if you have any qustions on my conten he you can del it and plz pm me about it or leave a mod note:

Thank You,

Msg4real

Matthew Green

Msg4realGmail.com

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so far the 3 people that vote said leave

so i will wait and see

It's really up to you, isn't it?

Do you enjoy the forums and community here?

Is it a place you'd like to remain?

No one has ever said you must visit every day. Or post every day.

Free will is wonderful. Use it.

I don't post every day I try to post 5 posts per week

It's really up to you, isn't it? Yes but if i am unwelcome why try

Do you enjoy the forums and community here? Of corse I love coming here

Is it a place you'd like to remain? Yes

But as I stated before WHY be somewhere where you are unwelcome

Guest c4evap

Well, they say a hundred and 1 frenchmen can't be wrong...so if people don't like you-find out what you are doing that is pissing them off-and stop. No need to run away. If you want to stay-stay.

c4 B)

yeah, about what may have prompted this poll - ban on irc channel maybe?

and why did that happen in the first place? he was banned from IRC because he stepped out of line. ban evasion, endless hours of spam in channel and a stupid trivia bot obsession - should I go on?

I voted for "I dont care", becose there isnt "shut the #### up" option..

Lets see here...

- Remember the time your post count in the forum went from 41, to 1041 _over night_, and you blamed some kids from your school coming over to your house and doing it?

- Remember all the times you spammed "Computer" in the channel despite the operators asking you NOT to do that, for 45 straight miniutes, every 6 hours?

- Oh, How about the time you made that web page that screwed up cbosdells computer?

- All the times you've started arguments with people as well. A couple of healthy 'debates' every now and again are expected, but come on man.

- Trivia bots, trivia bots, trivia bots.

- Suggesting that we movie the channel to a different server over and over and over and over again in the channel, in PM's, in the forum, despite ALL the channel regulars saying "hell no" to that idea the first, second and third time.

- Ban Evasion. Simple as that, it's not NiteShdw, or #startrek's rules, it's Rizon's rule that anyone that evades a ban (as you did about a dosen times, or so) gets a kline (thats a server wide ban)

- I havn't seen this much drama since theaveng.

Yeah. I selected "yes" in the poll.

Goodness - my opinion is that you should either stay or go based on the facts.

Threads like this - regardless of intent - always smack of attention seeking. It's not quite as bad as "I'm leaving and never coming back!" but still, it's an internet forum. Staying or going should not be a matter of great consequence.

and besides - I have a feeling this is a fake poll. why would you make a poll like that when you just got involved in torrenttome? I want to hear the answer to this question (a logical one, please).

oh yes, and in what part of torrenttome are you involved? just curious.

Ummm well i haven't used the irc forum ( i do occasionaly use irc - use to a lot before torrents came along) As the good people here have said (in the majority) it is up to you, and i reinforce that belief.

Why you ask this kinda question who knows, you haven't personally offended me so hey. As to why i voted hell again who knows.

I would say however, that what might be a good idea is that you maybe dont come here for a while and see if you miss the place, if you do then you know you can always use the forum(s) here and would be welcome.

As i see it this forum is mixed bag of ruffians of varying beliefs and standpoints in a sense a true reflection of the real world, but we all have one thing in common - a love of sci-fi.

It is ultimately upto you what you do just dont let other people influence your decision after all you are free to come and go as you please. Good luck whatever you ultimately decide to do.

I agree with what S0V13T typed above, and his list is not even a complete one.

Some people just annoy other people and vice-versa, and you seem to annoy a lot of people.

For example, how many times now have you entered the IRC channel, using this as a host mask:

f#ckyou@Rizon-3CEEAF8C.ontrEditedphia.net

even after you were asked repeatedly not to?

But, then again, this is the forum and not IRC... tho I suppose for some of us, there is a sort of overlap, and the behavior at one, can influence the opinions of others (people) in the other.

As far as the forums, besides what S0V said above, have you ever considered proof reading what you type here or at least use the edit button after you post to fix your spelling, grammer, caps-lock-stuck-on, and other errors? It's not hard to do. For example, the last sentence in your first post above, is extremely hard to figure out.

Mods if you have any qustions on my conten he you can del it and plz pm me about it or leave a mod note:

Sorry, I'm fresh out of Babel fish.

Some people just annoy other people and vice-versa, and you seem to annoy a lot of people.

For example, how many times now have you entered the IRC channel, using this as a host mask:

f#ckyou@Rizon-3CEEAF8C.ontrEditedphia.net

even after you were asked repeatedly not to?

Ok, I try not to and have chaged things and I alway try to find out what more I can do to fit in with anything as NO ONE will talk to my anywhere else I've been.

O on that i did change it and i still see people with that name on the #help and the mods don't care

There are some things that will never fit in:

Square pegs into round holes: babies have tried this for years and even with the application of a hammer they have found that the peg changes shape, the hole very rarely gives an inch.

Gallons of Petrol and matches: while these in general are usually an interesting combination to watch, the result is often highly volatile and explosive. Kind of like asshats and forums.

Small fluffy yellow ducks and a vat of Pirhannas: while the idea of seeing helpless yellow creatures devoured in a matter of a few seconds is somewhat appealing, the concept of them trying to be the best of friends is as alien as the concept of everyone wanting to move IRC channel just because someone happens to be friends with another network admin.

Games and girls: we are seeing an increase in gamer girls, which I think is great - we are still in the age where most male gamers are immature asshats that tend to put girls off games. So we can conclude from this scientific and psychological experiment: girls and morons don't mix.

A fully loaded pistol when pointed at your head and fired is likely to spread your brains over the wall. Not be your friend.

Guest Mrthumps
I would like to know what you think

because of things I have not visted the site very much and I will came every so often but if the mojority say leave i will leave, and wont return for a long while. If you gues think i should stay I will stay.

If you have any questions or comments please pm me or IM me ( I have icq, aim (msg4real), yahoo (cmputer_tech_of_the_year), gtalk, and on rizon.net and lemonadeburst.1984.org.uk)

Thank You,

Msg4real

Matthew Green

Msg4realGmail.com

attentionwhore3dd.jpg