Projectiles or Energy Weapons

Duggie

In space' date=' energy weapons would be best, as projectiles are just too slow to have much hope at hitting at range.[/quote']

Why would you think projectiles would be slow in space? As far as I know, there's little to no resistance!

:stare: :stare: :stare:

Space is big, and there is little to hide behind. Therefore spotting ranges are going to be long, prehaps hundreds or thousands of kilometres as a low end guess.

A 2 km/s projectile isn't going to be able to give an effective range close matching spotting distance, as travel time is going to be in minutes. Easy to evade or what ;)

A 3E5 (or 300,000) km/s beam of light is going to be alot better at matching the spotting distance. Besides, they won't see it coming

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

forget guns. to quote from lock stock, one of my fav films

Also, I think knives are a good idea. Big, f##k-off shiny ones. Ones that look like they could skin a crocodile. Knives are good, because they don't make any noise, and the less noise they make, the more likely we are to use them. S##t 'em right up. Makes it look like we're serious. Guns for show, knives for a pro.

in response to the poll:

Particle weapons is my choice, though they are not practical with our current technology. We could probably build a phase pistol, but it would require the power source of 1 nuclear power plant. We gotta work on that fusion thing! The best "particle weapons" we have revolve around the basis of sound waves. We have a weapon that can break a person's ribs with directed sound. The weapon works on the same principles you might have seen in Minority Report with all of the advertisements that knew Tom Cruise's character's name.

I think the Borg can adapt to projectiles. Look at Best of Both Worlds when (I don't remember who) hit a drone, only to be stopped. It would appear that they can adapt to matter. There must be some sort of weapon that would resist borg adaptation.

I think the Borg can adapt to projectiles. Look at Best of Both Worlds when (I don't remember who) hit a drone' date=' only to be stopped. It would appear that they can adapt to matter. There must be some sort of weapon that would resist borg adaptation.[/quote']Got a screencap to back that up? I'd just like to know if there is any on-screen evidence of such sheilding.