Favourite Star Trek Theme Music

TFMF

What is your favourite Star Trek Theme Tune (main title music)

I think it's really between Voyager and DS9.

I think Voyager gets my vote - it goes very well with the scenes of Voyager flying through the different parts of space :)

I also liked the DS9 theme tune from seasons 1 to 3. It was slow but the scenes of different angles of DS9 were slow as well so it went well together as well

(If this has been asked before then just consider it an update of the old one... :rolleyes: )

Ever since I realised the Enterprise theme has a line that sounds like: "No one's gonna bend or rape me." I can't help but roll about laughing every time I hear it.

The Voyager theme is a good piece of music but every time I watch the title sequence I can't help but make up lyrics about how drab the show is.

The films probably have the best music, the theme from II/III is an absolute classic, the one for IV fits that particular film very well. VI had an awsomeley dark soundtrack. Generations had a good soundtrack/theme which nicely complemented the 'Star Trek has a good nice lick of it s own ass' feel of the film. First Contact had that epic tune which was unashamedly full on but enhanced the film, maybe why they tried to slip bits of it in to Nemesis having failed to top it with anything else.

The big intro for nemasis, not the best movie, but a great intro tune, it has a good climax just before the romulan senate. DS9 for the tv series, i think it captures the lonlyness of the station greatly! and it always makes me feel good to hear it. lol

The music from Star Trek 4 - The Voyage Home was great, I do indeed beieve it to be the best by far, however, to keep this based on the series the prize, for my money, has to go to DS9. It's slow yet building music was the right accompanyment for the scenes in the openning, dramatic enough without being overstated.

It is actually a hard choice for me.

DS9's theme is nice, but even though I slightly enjoy it more than TNG, I think TNG's is better than DS9's.

The tough choice was between TNG..and Enterprise. Yes Enterprise.

I was a huge fan of Seasons 1 and 2 of Ent (prior to the Xindi stuff at the tail end of S2). And I unlike some Trek fans, loved them theme of ENT. It really captured that whole "hey we're finally voyaging into space" feeling. The video of it showing mans triumps over the years from sea going sailers to real astronaut footage was a real nice montage to go with the music.

Alot of people hated it. The first Trek to have a "lyrical" theme. While TOS was more set to "music" as well most people forget it's original theme did have lyrics they just weren't used. For ENT, I loved the music for the intro. Call it stupid but I just enjoyed it alot. Thats the one thing, other than the cool space ships and space battles, that I loved about Trek: humanity's greatest feat was space travel. The one thing that unifed our world. No more war or genocide or racial hate on earth. The theme really made you feel that.

Ill say TNG just because its so classic and my 1 1/2 year old daughter dances everytime she hears it. :D

However i think its neat that DS9's music changes in season 4 (ever so slightly).. did anyone notice this? ;)