WHAT IF....

hayden

Don't make me destroy you GlaC.

I've watched season 1 of TNG/DS9/VOY/ENT repeatedly (less ENT). They're all a bag of aids, I'm afraid.

Let's face it, Trek really was sloppy with its first few seasons.

But yes, cutting myself comes before saying VOY was better than TNG. If someone sets up a poll, I WILL cut myself live on webcam.

/me see's lots of polls starting about this ;)

But yeah i agree that although the first season of each Trek series (so far and excluding TNG which was pure crap) was good - it was probably the worst season out of the other seasons

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personally put VOY above TNG... TNG was nice, but it was that Voyager atmosphere which got me into Star Trek... Also enjoyed the acting on Voyager more... Some actors like the crusher family, la forge and troy sometimes even seemed childish to me... (the way they act)

I know for the people who watched TNG first, VOY was nothing new really, but in my opinion, it perfected TNG... (of course TNG has some great stuff, but there were a hell load of episodes which were just boring, or even cheesy in that oldish TOS way...)

VOY Season 1 > ENT Season 1 > DS9 season 1 > TNG Season 1....

That is science fiction too' date=' but that sure isn't Star Trek. Star Trek is all about positivism (possibly exaggerated positivism). [/quote']

I agree... Trek is about going beyond the negatives of today and becoming something better.

In Hilanders post about a darker side of humanity, I find it understandable that his avatar is that of BSG. Which makes sense... if you want a darker side of humanity that is more the type of show for you. If you want a fesity bald captain talking about how humanity has evolved beyond such pety things as monetary gain, and the future being bright, ... etc.. then you watch Star Trek.

Point being, each show is it's own thing and it can't be anything else.

Hey, my avatar has feelings too...

And since we're talking about avatars, let's talk about yours.

A cardassian, which I presume are famous for exaggerated positivism? :rolleyes:

They have made several ST series over the years, so why not a series about the darker sides of humanity? Sometimes the utopia of the ST universe is a bit too much, but they still are humanbeings and we all know that humans tend to disagree a lot, much like you and I in this matter. ;)

That's why DS9 was better than voyager.

i would not hav agreed with you just only a few months ago.. but now ive watched ds9 a bit more and now feel that ds9 is loads better. it just isnt secluded to a sensor analysis here and there it has a sort of casual feel about it where people actually act noramal. It it does seem to have a more homey feel about it..

dont get me wrong i thing VOY was great and i cant say i agree with season 1 being a problem.. i think its great.

Hey.. no offense to your avatar meant. I actually think you have a very cool avatar that is done well. I was only pointing out that you are a BSG fan and so of course are enjoying a show with a darker side of things. (speaking of which.. i'd like to be a BSG fan as well if I could get hold of the seasons for a reasonable price on ebay! :D )

As for the Cardies... even there is some positivism in there as some people are working towards a free Cardassia with a glimmer of hope. I'd like to read "The Worlds of Star Trek - Deep Space Nine" books as one of them mentions the rebuilding of Cardassia. I'm assuming the Central Command is not playing as promminent a role... but ... i dont know! :D

Guest c4evap
Reminds me of that old old saying. Different strokes for different folks.

My ideas for a good series don't have to mesh with any ideas anyone else has to make me happy.

Same goes for y'all. Enjoy what you like and enjoy the fact that you have found something to enrich your life.

Good advise indeed! It would seem, however, some are content to simply bash a series than to offer truly constructive critism (IMHO). Might have something to do with testosterone levels... ;)

I would let Edith Keeler live and let Kirk take her to the 23rd century so she couldn't change history. And then they would live happily ever after :p

You know...I've often wondered why Kirk didn't do just that!

c4 B)

Less sentimentality would be good and more psychological storylines the relationship between Geordie and data was so close to be homo erotical imho one of the best stories i remember is the one where picard is unknowingly being held by the cardassians. if the sentimental claptrap was removed from all ov the Star trek stuff a lot more could happen in the time it was on for.

Voyager and DS9 are equally good to me, but both in different ways... Voyager in the exploring space way, mysterious way... DS9 because of the action, the huge battles... Its kinda different, almost not even comparable...

Hey.. no offense to your avatar meant. I actually think you have a very cool avatar that is done well. I was only pointing out that you are a BSG fan and so of course are enjoying a show with a darker side of things. (speaking of which.. i'd like to be a BSG fan as well if I could get hold of the seasons for a reasonable price on ebay! :D )

As for the Cardies... even there is some positivism in there as some people are working towards a free Cardassia with a glimmer of hope. I'd like to read "The Worlds of Star Trek - Deep Space Nine" books as one of them mentions the rebuilding of Cardassia. I'm assuming the Central Command is not playing as promminent a role... but ... i dont know! :D

I wasn't off,

but since I've only watched all the ST series and haven't read that many ST books yet, I found it somewhat amusing... :rolleyes:

And I'm currently rewatching all ST Mirror Universe episodes, which I enjoy alot. ;)

Speaking of mirror Universe... i had a realization the other day... im sure everyone knew this already, but at any rate it didnt hit me until the other day...

The Mirror Universe episode in Enterprise (which was good... but way to sexy.. which brings up a whole other issue I had with Enterprise: namely that I can't watch it with my kids (okay.. bring on the flame posts)...)..

as i was saying, I never realized the correlation between the start of the Empire in that episode and that as of what was seen in TOS & DS9. Duh! :D At any rate, it made the M.U. storyline much cooler upon realization.

That is probably the one thing I really liked about what I've seen in Enterprise: namely the tying up of loose ends which took place (Borg, Holodeck technology, Dr. Soong, Klingon forehead ridges, mirror universe, etc...).

Guest c4evap

SNIPPET:

...And I'm currently rewatching all ST Mirror Universe episodes' date=' which I enjoy alot. ;)[/quote']

Oh man! Me too. Love them all. TOS had one. ENT had one and DS9 had five EPs set in the MU. I've always wondered why TNG and VOY didn't. :thinking:

c4 B)

SNIPPET:

...And I'm currently rewatching all ST Mirror Universe episodes' date=' which I enjoy alot. ;)[/quote']

Oh man! Me too. Love them all. TOS had one. ENT had one and DS9 had five EPs set in the MU. I've always wondered why TNG and VOY didn't. :thinking:

c4 B)

VOY had Living Witness - and that was fantastic and we got to see everyone on Voyager with their Dark Side :D

TNG - the closest they had was Yesterdays Enterprise i think - although they weren't really evil - just at war....

SNIPPET:

c4 B)

Beats me, but...

Imagining Picard fighting with Kirk and Archer while Sisko is watching... Our Enterprise rules, no ours is the best... :D

Beside Voyager is not an Enterprise. ;) (still beats the Defiant though)