Time lords are dead

crock9000

i am a huge fan of Dr Who old and new and i was wondering if anybody knew which series of eps the time lords actually die in. In the new seasons he mentions that they were all killed in a war with the darlecs and i was curiious to when this happend. I have not seen these eps and i was wondering if anybody could help.

Thanks.

and perhaps the new Doctor will have an episode about it...

Here's hoping anyway...

... A 'future' Doctor could travel back to the 'Timelord vs Dalek War'.

:)

wouldnt the doctor do that anyway? i dont think the term dead is right, 'dead' meaning some timed existance which the doctor could exploit in his tardis and go back to see them, i think the term 'ereased form history' would be more fitting, as if to say they never existed, thus not allowing the doctor to go back and save his people :stare: then again you never know what the writers will do next

If the Time Lords were erased from existence (ie. never existed), then no one, other than perhaps the Doctor, would remember them. But that isn't the case as Tree Lady from "The End of the World" had the Time Lords in her database as extinct. There are obviously protocols to time travel that the Doctor needs to follow that prevent him from returning to Gallifrey in the past. My guess is that the experience would be too painful for him and that the urge to change events would be just too much for him to handle so it's a personal choice as well.

yeah the doctor isnt well known for following any rules/laws etc. Just watch though season 3 will end up being the dalek war...the entire season :P just joking i bet RTD isnt that predicatable. you see this could spark up debates as to why he never goes back and saves any of his companions when they die (Adric) maybe he prefers to look forward not back

I think the reason he doesn't go back and save anyone was more or less explained in Father's Day. The Doctor has been known to disobey rules, but there appear to be certain laws that even HE cannot break, such as once you enter a timeline you become part of events. If someone dies in front of you you can't just hop into the Tardis, go back ten minutes, and save them. If you do, those Dragon-thingies come down and begin swallowing everyone in the universe until the correct timeline is restored. I assume the idea is to keep paradoxes from happening.

So by your reckoning, Maybrick, the Doctor could have saved Adric as he never saw him actually die - just the freighter blowing up.

There is a difference. Adric may ahve been out of there by then - last second rescue & all that.

As to the question of WHY he didn't do it... well, I think that's obvious. :p

Subspatial. Can I say I hope we DON'T get to see them. I think the show is better off without them, actually. It was one of RTD's best moves to exterminate them.

Now if ONE other Timelord survived & we saw that adventure. Different thing altogether.

I don't really know, as I haven't seen the episode, gathererhade. All I can say is that maybe with his status as a Timelord he can distinguish the difference between when someone has reached the natural end of their lives and when someone hasn't. Maybe he knew that Adric was fated to die in the explosion? Your guess is as good as mine.

I think the Timelords will return at some point, if nothing else we'll definetely see the return of The Master, RTD has brought back all the main bad guys it would be folly not to bring him back and technically he could have 'survived' the Time War as he is trapped in the TARDIS circuits.

• 1 month later...

The Time War started apparently with Genesis of the daleks, when the Time lords sent the 4th (urgh) doctor back to destroy them from birth. My guess is the time war was mostly that exacty that. Going back and forth in time trying to wipe each other from existance. Wouldnt that make more sense ? As for the master, Survival made a perfect end for him, I wouldnt want him back personally. Id rather just see good NEW baddies myself.

Perhaps, The Master can return, and join forces with The Doctor to save the Timelords.

(Perhaps the Doctor cant save them, but he can help The Master save them... Sort of like Logopolis.)

Of course, with a Master backstabbing plan to... er... steal the source of Timelord power or somesuch.

Predictable? Yes.

Fan Boy wet dream... Oh yeah baby! (if only K9 and Romana could take part in it, then I would have to watch the episode wearing Depends!)

Sorry for that image everyone.

:stare:

I think the Timelords will return at some point' date=' if nothing else we'll definetely see the return of The Master, RTD has brought back all the main bad guys it would be folly not to bring him back and technically he could have 'survived' the Time War as he is trapped in the TARDIS circuits.[/quote']

i am a huge fan of Dr Who old and new and i was wondering if anybody knew which series of eps the time lords actually die in. In the new seasons he mentions that they were all killed in a war with the darlecs and i was curiious to when this happend. I have not seen these eps and i was wondering if anybody could help.

Thanks.

I'm not convinced that the Timelords are dead. In Doomsday the Daleks used Timelord technology (the Genesis Ark) to survive the Time War. The Doctor knew nothing of the Genesis Ark as he stated in that episode. So what's to prevent the Timelords from having used the same technology to escape obliteration, something that the Doctor would not have knowledge of?