K. I can't find any good series, help me out

here's what I watched so far.

Star Trek all series - liked it, loved Enterprise

Firefly - loved it

Earth 2 - ok series, not so great

X-Files - really good

Sliders - so so

Quantum Leap - really good

I saw Space Above and Beyond in Best Buy, is it good ?

Also saw Crusade, is it any good ? I see it's linked to Babylon 5, if i never watched it will I get what's it about ?

ok i got Space above and beyond imported, its ok, others will say its great but its ok

I dont know anything on Babylon 5 so i couldn't tell what Crusade is like.

What i think is worth watching:

Farscape

Sliders

Battlestar Galactica (both, not Galactica 1980)

Blake's 7

Do you have a preference? i.e 1990's sci fi or 1970's sci fi?

I'm kinda on a retro kick at the moment.. I'm watching 'The Fantastic Journey', David McCallum's 'The Invisible man' and the updated version of 'The Invisible Man', the one about the quicksilver gland.

The first two show are pure cheese (Although DM's head puller will always have a special place in my memories.)

However, the updated version of 'The Invisible Man' is remarkably a quality show, the storylines seem to have been thought out and isn't at all like the usual episodic trash that is usually reserved for this kind of subject. *VERY RECOMMENDED*

Does anyone remember 'Holmes and Yo-Yo' an early 70's show about a detective with a robotic partner, John Shuck played Yo-Yo, so obviously it was all done for laughs.. I'd like to see the show again.

I will recommend Red Dwarf.......which is so seldom spoken of on this forum. You can buy the first few seasons as a boxed set...........even Patrick Stewart enjoyed it!

Theres a reason why I`m Chiggy on this forum............buy SAAB because its so damn sexy!

American Gothic - the devil runs a small town. Great performances.

Prey - evolved humans begin to assert themselves just as a scientific team discovers them.

Tomorrow People - classic and new - a kinda-loopy UK product. Good writing, as usual.

Survivors - low-tech analysis of post-cataclysmic UK. Again, superb writing.

• 1 month later...

man no one mentioned Farscape? or Babylon 5?!?...

Definitely check these out

- Stargate SG-1 seasons 1-9 (season 10 just started playing in America)

- Stargate Atlantis seasons 1-2 (season 3 just started playing in America)

*note* I'd recommend seeing the Stargate movie first. It was made, many years ago (14?ish) and sets up the story for SG-1. You don't have to see it to follow the story but it helps.

- Farscape seasons 1-4

- Farscape: Peace Keeper Wars miniseries (wraps up the cliffhanger ending of season 4)

*note* Farscape was really, great stuff. Hilarious, action packed, and one of the few science fiction "romances" that actually worked well. Ben Browder and Claudia Black deserve Emmies for their performance in that show.

- Babylon 5 seasons 1-5

- Babylon 5 handful of movies (I don't know all the names)

*note* Basically for each season of "B5", there was a made-for-tv movie that helped progress events or show events that weren't shown during the series. AFAIK, you don't need to see these to follow the show but they help alot. Season 1 you might find dry and slow, thats a common opinion for most fans. Season 1 will be what we call a "building season" it sets up the other 4 seasons and trust me, the story kicks into gear towards the end of season 1. It was short, like Farscape, but it was written specifically for 5 television seasons, that's the arc the story takes and it never feels rushed or hurried or slacking at any point. It truly is a great series, one I hold up there with Star Trek.

- Battlestar Galactica (new version) seasons 1-2 (3 starting in October 06 in America)

- Battestar Galactica Miniseres (new version)

*Note* it was mentioned in the above posts but it's worth mentioning again. Worth it. Totally worth it. Make sure you watch the 3 hour mini series before starting season 1, it really sets up alot of the show before season 1. S3 starts in a little over a month.

- Dr Who, well there's technically 28 seasons

*Note* but if you just want to start fresh and really save a huge chunk of time, start with Dr. Who season 27 also known as Dr. Who 2005/Dr. Who Series 1. This is the 9th Doctor, Eccleston. There is also a Christmas special between each season, so far at least. Really recommend it.

- Lost, seasons 1-2 (3 starting in September/October 06)

*Note* not officially science fiction since the writers have said all events on the show are technically plausible in real life, it is however pretty border line science fiction. Watch season 1 at least and you'll understand. If you ever liked Alias, it was written by the man JJ Abrams so it's quality.

Hope that helps.

here here for stargate,

also:

Other Gene Rodenberry (creator of Star Trek) adventures

Earth: Final Conflict

Andromeda

You must see:

Dr Who (all 27+ seasons)

maybe also depending on taste:

X-Files

Threshold

EUReKa

Dark Angel

Jake 2.0

HyperDrive

and the cartoons:

Tripping the Rift (not for the kids though)

Transformers (Beast Wars, Cybertron etc)

Justice League

Futurerama

Stargate & Trek etc animated series (TAS)

Edit: & i almost forgot:

NB:Admins : We no longer have anything to do with torrents here,

but a suggestion may be that we re-gather a Sci-Fi database (in a similar style to old ways)

with attachments to official sites photos threads etc.

(it's always so time consuming going through all the forum to find threads on shows -

and i'm always interested in other seasons and comments on shows before i buy them

.... ie. [in a sense] try before ya buy)

• 2 weeks later...

Here i go

If you liked Firefly, you'll like find Farscape good as well. Fun, action packed and doesnt take itself too seriously andhas some great characters(chiana)(Also the fx can be very cool. I always loved the effect they did for starburst)

Babylon 5 one of the best sci-fi stories written for TV. If you liked DS9 you'll like this as well probably. Some great acting, quite a bit of bad acting as well though, and not all episodes are consistently good. Finnaly it also starts slow and ends rather badly. The whole Telepath plot in S5 is a joke.

The new Galactica is really great imo. Great acting and good writting for the most part. Much better than the Original series imo.

I'll also second The 4400. Great show, although i think they could have done even better.

p.s stay away from crusade. what a desaster!

• 4 weeks later...

Farscape is a must see if you are a scifi fan, one of the few series that gets an ending thanks to all the fans when they tried to close down the production.

Babylon 5 is one of the few series that actually got a thread (plot) that you can follow, a bit retro, but good story ,good actors.And it gets a ending too :)

If u haven´t seen them yet I envy you. All those hours with sickleave from work and coffe cuz u cant stop .. one more ,one more ,,, just one more : ))