Graphic cards

Commander Data

• 3 weeks later...

sniff sniff... gota a

ati radeon 9700 mobility on my laptop (<-- what else...)

well it was something 2 years ago!!!!

and a gforce 4 4000... its the only one i could get that supported agp x2... lol

both cards are bought to thier knees with the newer games (well the ati does put up a fight)...

but as much as i try i can't get back into games so, realy anything these days

the cheapest of the cheap will perfomwell for everything except games/ 3d modeling....

so bad for game good for else...

I got an nx7800gt which is an nvidia card it plays everything at top settings :)

but the 7900 is much better

these days games are using the graphics cards more so you are gonna need a good one if you game a lot

these days games are using the graphics cards more so you are gonna need a good one if you game a lot

I think that only applies if you'll bust a nut if it can't run it at 1280x1024 or higher.

1024 is good enough for me, so I just bought a x800GTO2 256MB and will flash it to 16 pipes. Saves having to buy the x850, and got the rebate. Since it's a x16 PCIe I also just bought a whole new AM2 MB and CPU heh.

Goodbye AGP 2x radeon 9000 64MB. (capable of 4x. Wonder how it would perform if my MB supported that speed.)

Well i just took my unused X1800XL back to the shop where i bought. They had an offer for a X1800XT 512MB at 170 Euros! They changed it and even gave me 30E credit!!! now thats a bargain. I managed to get the last piece. Sawm i should play lotto or something today

Well I am going to be looking for a agp card in a month or so to tyde me over till I build a new machine so if anyone has a agp card that is gathering dust and is going to be alot better than my 9800 se aiw then pm me. I don`t want to spend too much as I can get a new ati x850pro for £114 from here http://www.lowestonweb.com/products/info.asp?e=876E8426-35C1-4719-A319-AFE91E0D4A80&CMP=EMC-U133&PART=6071

• 1 month later...

Computer no.1: Radeon X800GTO

Computer no.2: Radeon 9600SE

Computer no.3: onboard SiS

Laptop: Onboard SiS

the next ones are not used at the moment.

Computer no.6: Geforce 4 MX420

Computer no.7: Geforce 2 of some sort

Computer no.8(Oldie): S3 virge no. 9

every single one runs minesweeper without lag (LOL)