Series Vote

Commander Data

Close call between Firefly and Star Trek for me, but in the end, there just is a lot more Star Trek to choose from. Both are excellent series.

I hear from all sides that Dr. Who is really good too, but I still haven't seen a single episode of that yet. I try to watch it, but it just never happens, allways something else to do, or forgotten it was on or...

Stargate is nice too, but not quite as nice as Star Trek. Must be the different setting...

Haven't seen Battlestar either, and none of the others. The 4400 was on a liyttle while ago, but I didn't know, so didn't watch.

I would not qualify Buffy as sci-fi at all. It wasn't in the poll that it was a sci-fi poll, but this is general sci-fi... :)

I voted for Firefly mostly because it got the axe so early and deserved better treatment. Otherwise its a tie between Battlestar Galactica, Firefly and B5. You are missing acouple of major shows there though. Farscape and B5. The 4400 is a solid show as well(and will have a 4th season next summer). The 3rd season was kinda hit and miss after all. Some EPs were really great others were really bad.

My first vote goes to Star Trek

My second vote goes to Stargate

Then i think Doctor Who would come closly behind Stargate

Now i have to say that i'm basing that decision on seasons 1 and 2 of Doctor Who - they were fantastic - but in saying that the older seasons of Doctor Who weren't all that great (Except Dalek and Cyberman eps)

Stargate was very good - i'm quite new to Stargate but since starting to watch it i've watched every ep i can find - Atlantis is fantastic - better than SG-1 IMO.

Star Trek was probably the first show i got into and i've loved every episode since :)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Mrthumps

No Babylon5, No Gundam(animated, but definitely Sci-fi), No Macross, None of the super robot animes, No Buck rogers, No seaQuest, No Highlander(if Buffy is on the list then this should be too) to mention a few that were omitted and thus I voted "other".

nm bhjb fyi bik nbj hulhy iuyuiyiugyukfukygykhuyhkjgiluyg h uo yuligtiyghhg luih iuy uilliyugvbhc yrfd ykuh ugkuytf ifgyhjgkugyftrtfytyugfutfiyuryohg hjiuyb 97y uiyui uiyh 8tfgfuuilguyg uyhiouh yig uytftfdlut i fuytf yutg iyg uyftufghiyk uig.

That's all I have to say on the topic. I might start a new topic about favourite colours, or simply stop using this forum for anything other than technical advice.

• 2 months later...

I had voted for Doctor Who as my #1 with so many episodes especially with the Dr.'s assistants like Sarah Jane Smith and the cool aliens. The 2005 episodes were well written.

My number 2 choice isn't even on the list..... namely Farscape.

You wouldn't believe how hard I cried when Zahn (Sp?) the blue lady died. When  I watched Season 2 I really felt like it was really happening and I worried about what would happen to them.

As far as Star trek goes well yes I'm a fan but honestly TOS had bad acting.

Enterprise got boring after the first season

Voyager kicked butt and DS9 was great too

I had voted for Doctor Who as my #1 with so many episodes especially with the Dr.'s assistants like Sarah Jane Smith and the cool aliens. The 2005 episodes were well written.

My number 2 choice isn't even on the list..... namely Farscape.

You wouldn't believe how hard I cried when Zahn (Sp?) the blue lady died. When  I watched Season 2 I really felt like it was really happening and I worried about what would happen to them.

As far as Star trek goes well yes I'm a fan but honestly TOS had bad acting.

Enterprise got boring after the first season

Voyager kicked butt and DS9 was great too

I'd have to agree with most of that. And since watching Farscape recenetly for the first time i have to re-order my list of favourite SciFi shows.

1. Farscape - Fantastic story to it with some great characters and acting.

2. Doctor Who - Doctor Who has overtaken Stargate in my opinion. Although we haven't seen any addition Who eps since i last voted i just feel that Stargate has gone down hill a bit.

3. Stargate - Still some great episodes - Atlantis is deffinetly keeping things going and has some good stories. SG-1 has had some good stories as well but too many filler eps.

As you can see - Star Trek is no longer on my list. I've sort of gone off it right now. Probably watched too much of it :D The episodes just get old after the 300th time...

Firefly may not be on my list but it's high up there - some great stories. Movie spoilt it slightly and just didn't get enough time to breath. Still a great show and i hope we haven't seen the last of it.

#1 - Babylon 5 (by a country mile)

#2 -  Farscape

#3 - Would be Firefly *if* it had run for longer - as is , I settle for Doctor Who (some of the early stuff is real rough and detracts from the show when looked at as a whole)