Where has everyone gone???

Ulysses

Which it is. You have to admit - for just a forum it holds up very well.

I'm hoping Niteshdw Gaming will also be getting an upgrade soon. I miss the good old games of Counter Strike: Source we had on here.

lol well you can always come on our cod 2 server and i can kick your butt!! hehe

If you want to try something new try out my Star Trek RPG thread in the gaming category on our forum here. I need some people to sign up first before we can come up with a story.

Why do you think so many people have seemingly left the forum?

I've been busy with:

- Legal matters. I don't want to go into any details about them.

- Lurking in the NiteSciFi.com forums to see what's going (not a whole lot), if there is anything I feel like chiming in on (no, not really lately), and to see if anyone has mentioned me (surprisingly enough, it dosent look like it). I did try to make one of those mod note thingies in my signature the otherday, but gave up becuase I forgot the formatting for color / size in this forum software version.

- Kitchen Supervision. In RL, like in the NiteShdw forums, I busted my ass for a long time, did a lot of stuff nobody else wanted to / was incapable of, and got rewarded with a promotion. Punished would be a more fitting term, as we all know (or will eventually learn) that with all promotions, you have to work twice as hard, for twice as long, and get less money for it, becuase of the way income tax works. But hey, atleast you get to boss people around, if you're into that kind of thing so it's not a total loss. You also get to revise your resume and add some fancy titles, and $5 words to it.

- Renewing my professional certifications (safe food handeling, WHIMIS, knife safety, etc) For the soul purpose of showing all the pretenders that I work with who the one true Mack Daddy is.

- Gaming on my Linux system, and laughing at all the suckers that have to boot into windows to game. The real secret, ladies and gentelmen, is using a linux distro. that boasts about multi media support (Mandriva, Ubuntu, and PClinuxOS for example), cedgea and the best Nvidia card you can afford. ATi sucks majorly at writing drivers, and the open source ones seem to be largely guess work.

Yes, I do plan on fixing whatever the hell is wrong with the CS:S server some time (Most likely a complete reinstall, becuase there is a LOT of different config files, that I don't wanna comb through to see what happened) , if anybody has ANY console experience with Linux and wants to take over, let me know. I would like to play with everyone again too.

We're actually in one of Wesley's warp bubbles. LOL

UM, I think there's some things missing from the posting page. Look: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/heat84/88.jpg

I guess its just happening to me since I see Emoticons in other posts in this thread but what could be causing it? Maybe its the warp bubble? LOL (since I can't do an emoticon)

I still peek every now and then' date=' but frankly there is not much to discuss at this point.[/quote']

Ditto, I still check in here pretty regularly - its just that my offline life is pretty hectic at the mo, so these days I pretty much just put my 2 cents worth in now and then, if something catches my attention.

Though it does make my heart glad to see things more active here the past week or so.

Heres to the future of the NiteSciFi Forum!!!!

We're actually in one of Wesley's warp bubbles. LOL

UM, I think there's some things missing from the posting page. Look: http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/heat84/88.jpg

I guess its just happening to me since I see Emoticons in other posts in this thread but what could be causing it? Maybe its the warp bubble? LOL (since I can't do an emoticon)

When the forum was upgraded from 1.2.1 > 1.3.1 several features got lost or disabled. Since the forum is hopefully going to be moving soon this will be corrected.

(And you can still use all the regular emotions simply by typing in the appropriate MbCode)

Guest Mrthumps
When the Torrent Site went down Niteshdw.com redirected to the forum so i don't think many people will have 'gotten lost'.

No offense but people are generally are very stupid especially those on messageboards. When 3 little things (not necessarily in the same order) happened here:

- Torrent site gets shut down

- disgruntled user starts to annoy folks using the nick "mpaa1" and makes claims the forum will be shut down

- site goes down for about a week because the forum upgrade

Now, if the general user wasn't in the know and/or didn't bother to to check the irc channel or whatnot to find out that it was indeed a upgrade issue(as well as the fact that people in these parts read into things more than they are) one could easily see the line of thinking by some that the forum was shut down by the mpaa since the torrent page was already shut down.

I'm still of the thinking that if Nite used the mass email function you'd find lots of people coming back with messages "I thought the forum was gone" and so forth. Seems like a simple and easy thing to me over building a completely new website from scratch.

When the forum was upgraded from 1.2.1 > 1.3.1 several features got lost or disabled. Since the forum is hopefully going to be moving soon this will be corrected.

A simple page saying: "Forum is being upgraded, please try again later...", might be a good idea in the future. :)

I'm still of the thinking that if Nite used the mass email function you'd find lots of people coming back with messages "I thought the forum was gone" and so forth. Seems like a simple and easy thing to me over building a completely new website from scratch.

We're not building a completly new website from scratch.

And why should NiteSciFi not expand? There are numerous ideas being considered and developed - many of which are actually fun to develop and will help when it comes to forum activity (More for users to do)

Yes Niteshdw used to be a torrent site - but it isn't anymore. But that doesn't mean it has to stay just a forum...That doesn't mean we can't try and rebuild 'some' of what we lost.

And you say we lost a lot of members during the upgrade/torrent site going down/Katerina thing. Well the fact is many people WOULD check back in at least once since then and would find the forum as it was before. As dabrood said - there is little interesting discussion on the forum at the moment - which is to be expected since we aren't getting any new members here (or very few at least)

The bulk email to all members should be considered when we have somthing to offer members.

Was Mpaa1 Katerina? I thought it was one of the older banned users, or some disgruntled insomniac, or some washout actually somehow involved in antipiracy.

I have job now. Hence posts shorter, alongside periods of unconsciousness.

It was quite obviously Katerina. There were several ways to identify mpaa1 as being Katerina.

- She admitted it

- Both spelled Niteshdw 'Niteshadow'

- mpaa1 came on not much longer after Katerina was banned.

To me - it was blatently obvious from the beginning. I can understand not everyone would have caught on right away but you'd have tp be really stupid to beleive it was anyone from the mpaa.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...