ENT: Majel Barrett Roddenberry

VonHelton

"I went to the set last Tuesday, which was the last day of shooting...and by the last day of shooting, I mean the last day. There will be no more Star Trek sets, ever," said Majel Barrett Roddenberry, reported StarTrek.com. The widow of franchise creator Gene Roddenberry, who played Christine Chapel on the original series and Lwaxana Troi on The Next Generation, said that she was feeling morose, but expected that Paramount would bring the show back in several years: "They'll go back, they'll rearrange it, get some new ideas and new stories in." But in the meantime, she added, "Let this thing have a rest. It needs a rest. We got reruns! They ain't taking everything away!"

:stare:

http://www.trektoday.com/news/170305_03.shtml

Majel Barrett was at Gene's side when he was working for so long to get Star Trek back on television. I wouldn't say she knows what's best, but no Star Trek for a few years probably doesn't seem like that big a deal for her. ;)

Rene Auberjonois and Connor Trinneer, who appeared together in the Enterprise episode "Oasis", appeared onstage together and amused the audience as Auberjonois, who played Odo on Deep Space Nine, joked to "Trip Tucker" that he had seen a script very like his Enterprise script on DS9.

No shit... that plot has been done in every Trek.

Majel Barrett was at Gene's side when he was working for so long to get Star Trek back on television. I wouldn't say she knows what's best' date=' but no Star Trek for a few years probably doesn't seem like that big a deal for her.[/quote']

Note that she used the word "EVER"..........Then she realized what she said, and quickly added some more to it.

.......Sounds to me like she was trying to tell the fans something besides the official Paramount line.

The question is, what? Paramount's official line is that the show is cancelled....!!

:stare:

Wouldn't it be cruel if "TU" is nothing more than Paramount hacks who are doing damage cotrol until the sets can be torn down & the cast find new jobs?

:mad:

I would be interested in a story set in the 23rd Century or early 24th century. It would be nice to see Kirk, Spock, or some other TOS character in a new Star Trek. A new movie with Kirk would be nice. Now that Enterprise is over the franchise has a lot of flexibility now on how to bring back Kirk.

they can't scrap Trek for ever - too much money! (I hope I don't eat those words) a few years, we'll all have withdrawls then what ever they aired would be watched by millions. I think they overdosed on Trek, especially over-running a couple of series at the same time, TNG and DS9, DS9 and VOY.... it was only the die-hard fans that kept tuning in. Which is why TNG was so popular, no long story arcs, aired on its own, you could watch one off episodes.

also when TOS and TNG aired we didn't have mobiles, microwaves, computers, internet, wireless things - Trek was fascinating - my god you can transport people? order food out of a replicator?. The general public aren't awed by plasma torpedos and tri corders anymore *sigh* its not futuristic enough. A break will do ST good but god I'll miss it. b*ll*cks to reruns I want ENT.....

I would be interested in a story set in the 23rd Century or early 24th century. It would be nice to see Kirk' date=' Spock, or some other TOS character in a new Star Trek. A new movie with Kirk would be nice. Now that Enterprise is over the franchise has a lot of flexibility now on how to bring back Kirk.[/quote']

A new episode with Ensign James T. Kirk in a sub role

I just really hope they ditch the Enterprise show and go back to the present storyline. I know this might be heresy, but I really dont like the Enterprise show, it slays the original story. I respect everyone's views, and I realize that many people like Enterprise. Sorry if I offend, but it's just my feelings.

I think they need to go back to the Enterprise under another captain, maybe 40 years in the future or so. this way, they can introduce the new series with old characters (As they did for TNG, DS9, and Voyager) this way, it'll give it some legitimacy.

The way I look at it, they can only do so much with a backstory without killing the story that continues (such as in the books).

ditto von i thought that manny was doing a fine job getting it back on track and "inline" with the "gospel" trek..lol...he was trying to get back to what trek was all about and tell the story of how the federation got started...i really loved it after he got in!!!! the vulcan arc and the andorian arc were wonderfull!!! and he even fixed the whole "ridgeless klingon dispute" that someone dropped in his lap...if that dosent prove that he was trying to get it back where it should have been...season 4 will go down in history as the best enterprise season and by the same token that's what killed it nuff said im too mad now.....

Majel Barrett was at Gene's side when he was working for so long to get Star Trek back on television. I wouldn't say she knows what's best, but no Star Trek for a few years probably doesn't seem like that big a deal for her. ;)

Rene Auberjonois and Connor Trinneer, who appeared together in the Enterprise episode "Oasis", appeared onstage together and amused the audience as Auberjonois, who played Odo on Deep Space Nine, joked to "Trip Tucker" that he had seen a script very like his Enterprise script on DS9.

No ####... that plot has been done in every Trek.

agree onn this it is hard but we must accept it....

• 2 weeks later...