Star Trek Legacy

Soval

Yeah someone mentioned the controls were very difficult and that there is no way to change them. It's possible that in the future they will release a patch or expansion pack to add more functionailty and control to the game.

Or someone one make one for it.

• 3 weeks later...

The game itself was not good. The graphics are kinda bland on the PC. The controls are horrible. Same with the camera angle. I give it my rating of 5.8/10. I also find many files copy and paste from Star Trek Armada II.

Thanks for saving me wasting my money...I think i am gonna pass on this game as its sounds crap...surely this was picked up when the game was play tested...or rather they didnt have anyone play test it in the first place...really crap that they expect you to fork out £30 quid or more for something that plays so badly!!

The game itself was not good. The graphics are kinda bland on the PC. The controls are horrible. Same with the camera angle. I give it my rating of 5.8/10. I also find many files copy and paste from Star Trek Armada II.

Thanks for saving me wasting my money...I think i am gonna pass on this game as its sounds crap...surely this was picked up when the game was play tested...or rather they didnt have anyone play test it in the first place...really crap that they expect you to fork out £30 quid or more for something that plays so badly!!

It should really be a personal opinion. I'm, personally, not that bothered about the quality of the graphics. I'll have to see what the controls are like but i still want to try it out first before making up my mind.

It should really be a personal opinion. I'm, personally, not that bothered about the quality of the graphics. I'll have to see what the controls are like but i still want to try it out first before making up my mind.

Yeah but if your paying £30 for a game you'd expect decent graphics...i know i would.

Yeah but if your paying £30 for a game you'd expect decent graphics...i know i would.

From the screenshots i've seen - the graphics look great. Obviously you can't base the quality on a screenshot but it's really dependant on your system specs. Can it support the higher quality settings? As i said, i'm not that bothered about the graphics. Hell - i still play Tomb Raider 1 - gfx don't bother me.

And who said i'd be the one paying for the game? ;)

The screenshots lie.

It barely represents HALF of what those images looked like. The explosions are quick and pieces are blocky. Not the fine high detailed stuff where you can see individual decks being ripped apart and people being blown into space and splattered on your shields.

Yes the controls are insane and over complicated, and there are few options to adjust anything. This game is painfully slow and confusing. And there's already a patch available because this thing seems a little buggy.

Yeah, I heard a couple of bad things about this game too. I allready hated the controls of bridge commander, from what I hear this one is worse...

Anyway, I'm waiting for Star Trek Online, should be done by the end of next year or the beginning of the year after, by that time, I may actually have a pc that can run those things. :D

• 2 weeks later...

I was actually hoping my assignable keypad controller might help me out

Belkin-Nostromo-n52-SpeedPad-Game-Pad-16-Tasten_251__444050726200226480_20.jpg

....coupled with a Gamepad, 

But there are still sooooo many keys to use. Hmph!!!

I think i'll just wait for some more patches,

in particularly a key re-assignment patch.

Does anyone have this game running on Win2000?

Sorry to all of you guys, but i just LOVED this game!

I've just finished the Kirk era missions and i think it's great. The story is a bit basic but there are things i really like about it. For one thing, i like how they linked in the Omega incident we heard about in Voyager (episode 'Omega' - season 4) and we actually got to see how that started.

The controls were not a problem for me really. Mouse to look around, W, A, S, D keys to move your ship. The map overview screen allows you to move your ships easily  around the system and issue orders. Some of the other controls such as using F to bring up the ship/station interaction menu was a little silly. + and - used for increasing speed was ok for me. Simpy use 1, 2, 3 or 4 to select a ship (5 selects them all) which i found easy to use.

Graphics, i admit, were slightly dissapointing and i agree that some of them were very similar to 'enhanced' versions of the Armada 2 graphics but i still found them good.

Deffinetly worth it. And they will most likely release a patch/update that allows you to change controls and the more advanced graphics settings.