Possable = New trek games from activision

ce1

Hey new trek game news Activision and Paramount (Viciom)

have setteled their diffrances so we may get new star trek games form activision and I do hope so here's the artical form star trek.com

Activision and VCP Settle

Activision, Inc. a leading developer, publisher and distributor of interactive entertainment software products, and Viacom Consumer Products Inc., today jointly announced that they have reached an agreement that settles their legal disputes regarding their license agreement for "Star Trek" video games. As a result of the settlement, all pending lawsuits filed by each party in the Superior Court in Los Angeles regarding this matter have been dismissed. All other terms of the settlement agreement will remain confidential.

Both companies said that they were very pleased to resolve the matter amicably and look forward to working together in the future on other projects.

Anything is possible, but I doubt they'll have much success. You're forgetting Interplay dropped ST from their lineup because they said there wasn't enough being done to promote the franchise, which led to poor sales and interest in their video games. They also said they had a lack of creativity to make any new games based on the show.

Stranger[/color]]Why does it so often seem like Trek games are made by a bunch amateurs in dad's garage?

Interplay used to be that way in the early days. Their games didn't have such great graphics, but later they had one game in development that looked freakin awesome. Too bad they later canceled it. I forget what the name was, but they had a demo video of it on starfleet academy CD I think.

I liked Bridge Commander a lot better than SFA. I just don't see the Enterprise as a fighter plane like the developers of SFA did. I tried to run Armada I on my new computer. It never did work right but now the graphics are all crazy. I don't understand why its doing that but I also have Jedi Knight installed and it dosen't do that. It is older but works better. I'll never understand why Star Trek games fail in comparison to Star Wars games. Even Star Wars Rebellion was better and computer-friendly than the Activision games made in 2000, namely Armada I.

One Star Trek game I am looking forward to is the MMORPG being developed by Perpetual Entertainment. They finally released some information about the game for the first time on the 14th. It's not much, but enough to give you a good idea about the general game play. Here is a link to the interview

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/03/14/news_6120362.html