Gay/Straight

synexo

Now' date=' im still jealous but all the *(&^%*^)(&(* )(^&*^*&^ think your a freak.[/quote']

I'm not a freak. Who would do anything different in my position? Would you say no to two beautiful women, just because one of 'em brought a guy along?

My point was only that gay/strait/solo is far too few choices for a sexuality poll.

Maybe the poll should have been more like:

Homophobic (110% strait)

Nothing to hide (100% strait)

Closet (80% strait)

Curious (65% strait)

Bi 50/50

Weekend warrior (65% gay)

Holdout (80% gay)

Queer (100% gay)

Mr. Slave (110% gay)

Or, how about letting love and desire be what they are without trying to enslave them to categories? And no, you're not a freak. The only real freakiness is inside people, causing them to judge others based on their own peculiar value systems.

I honor you for your courage in relating your experience as an example of how deficient the categories were. I wonder what categories people have assigned me to based on my comments? And furthermore, I wonder why it would matter!

I'm who I am regardless of what label somebody else feels necessary to slap on me. I am who I am, and if anybody insists on limiting their vision of me with a label, they impoverish themselves, because then they only have a construct to relate to, not a human being.

c0g, you are what you are ... and I appreciate the story, knowing you better. You have ably demonstrated that labels fail us.

xtremeskiing, you're freaked out by c0g. Now what? Are you going to seek the root of your discomfort and learn more about yourself, or are you going to hide from all the "freaks" in the world, never realizing your own inner freak? If you don't like the idea of what c0g related, then don't do it yourself. His experience is no limit to yours. And besides, he gave plenty of warning ... you, of all people, should have known better than to read past the warnings - we already had our little homophobia discussion months ago.

Again, I reiterate for those of you who haven't figured it out yet: Gender is the least important component of love and desire.

Human love is beautiful and wonderful in all its consensual manifestations. If you turn up your nose at some of them, don't make the mistake of turning up your nose at people who find union, ecstacy, and closeness in them. Live and let love. It's the Trek way ...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Any liberal Leftwing wiener will say I’m strait if I don’t identify myself as a Homosexual in my life path choice.

Actually I'm pretty much a liberal leftwing weiner, and I think thats about right, if you don't identify with 'not being straight' then you are straight. You my friend with the bi wife, sound to me to be what is called a 'Very Lucky Man'.

As far as the categories I could have listed....

Abstinent

auto-erotic only

Hijras

Transvestite

Transexual

Hermaphrodite

Bisexual

Swinger

Pedophile

Zoophile

Necrophiliac

Pod-person?

Or you might just be this lady:

"Our woman sadist, unlike de Sade, was a practising person, i.e. she wrote no books but killed and tortured to her heart's content. In 1611, aged fifty, the Hungarian noblewoman Erzsebet Bathory was walled up alive in her castle in the Minor Carpathians for having killed some six hundred young girls in various ways. The judge at her trial appears to have been particularly concerned that she murdered noblewomen as well as mere servant-girls. Bathory used a number of ingenious devices. For instance, she put a terrified naked girl in a narrow iron cage equipped with inward-pointing spikes to pierce the victim: then Bathory would hoist the cage to the ceiling and sit beneath to enjoy the rain of blood that came down. Another device was a robot - wearing real teeth torn from a servant - designed to clasp a victim in a tight embrace, whereupon sharp spikes would shoot out from the robot: the blood of the victim ran down a channel, was warmed over a fire, and collected for the countess's bath. "

Again' date=' I reiterate for those of you who haven't figured it out yet: Gender is the least important component of love and desire.

Hmmm..........I thought the purpose of love was so that males & females would pair off & have offspring to further the continuance of the species!

.....Silly me!

;)

EDIT: Typo.

I didn't call you a freak, the

&*(^%&^$^()**(() would call you a freak. I have no problem with it, i thought I insinuated that I would do the same if it meant 2 girls regularly (like you said, so long as it didnt go too far)

*(&^&^%(*+( was meant to relate a string of words that would anger the moderators, I didn't actually assign words, but one of them was going to be conservative.

Anyway, your wife got any friends in the NY area around the age of 22? I'd share a bed with a dude and a chick (so long as I kept my back door and oral virginity) if it meant regurlaly hooking up with 2 girls. Share the wealth dude!!!

Again' date=' I reiterate for those of you who haven't figured it out yet: Gender is the least important component of love and desire.

Hmmm..........I thought the purpose of love was so that males & females would pair off & have offspring to further the continuance of the species!

.....Silly me!

Quite! ;) B)

You've made the classic mistake of confusing love with sex!

B) ;)

Do you love your mother? I love mine (& my sister, too), but I've never paired off with either mom or sis in a sexual manner!

interesting posts

my two and 1/2 cents worth goes like this

I , male , have found myself only attracted to females in a sexual way but have many guy friends whose bond of friendship I respect just as much as any female companions .

should those guy friends sexually desire other guys that would not alter my opinion of them . should any girl friends desire female sexual companionship that would not alter my feelings towards them either .I feel rather enlightened on this subject as I have had friends that would fall into all those "categories"

what I truly find revolting however is that a man in the position of power such as the president of the United States of America could use hate and bigotry to help motivate a large portion of the vote in the last election with his anti - gay marriage rhetoric .It is this stance among others that has me concerned that enlightenment in the United States anyways is a long ways off !!!

.....Silly me!

Quite! ;) B)

You've made the classic mistake of confusing love with sex!

B) ;)

Do you love your mother? I love mine (& my sister, too), but I've never paired off with either mom or sis in a sexual manner!

Elderbear, you have some very interesting and insightful thoughts. I thought I would ask you some questions that I always have difficulty answering.

First: You mentioned you have read or reading the bible. How do you view the passages that condemn homosexuality as in the story of Lot where they were punished by God? I guess the specific questions I toil with are, do homosexuals who belive in the bible (like some recent priests or bishops, ordinary folks) think that those passages:

1. No longer apply?

2. Fabricated?

3. dont apply to this type(?) of homosexuality?

4. ignore it as if it was never there?

5. Read some version of the bible where these passages dont exist?

6. bible is man made and therefore it can be amended (variation on #1)

7. fit the bible to your own need and want (take some parts and leave others out)?

8. Is it a clever way to infiltrate a mainstream religion so that you can gain acceptibility from the inside?

I am not a christian so I am not defending the bible but I see some contridictions (as I have read the bible) with the particular life style.

Second: And for the non-christian Homosexuals (gays and lesbians), do they consider the bible as a text of bigotry since it calls homosexuality an abomination and evil?

I ask this becuase lots of posts here and gay friends and people I know usualy say that its bigotry to say that 'gays are comiting a wongful act" and that 'they should not be judged', and yet few say against the source of these ideas. I mean why not just say that either God is bigoted being, or the bible is not from God and the person wrote the bible is bigoted or say that the bible has been fabricated and no longer the word of god..

And for the christian folk here, I mean no insult either. I just want to understand the nature of reasoning behind how people think and how they resolve the contridications with themselves.

and if you are insulted (homosexual or religious), I am sorry.

its just that everytime i hear that there is a gay bishop or christian church with gays, and having read the bible... i always scratch my head... what exactly is going on? those questions numbered above race through my head and I cant find answers until i ask someone who is gay/lesbian!

It wasn't Bush motivating voters but rather the christian fundamentalists pushing Bush's buttons, after all they got him elected & he owes them, but I'm sure he was very happy to light the fire.

Actually by the overwhelming voter response I'd say it was simply the American people saying "WHAT THE F**K" marriage has nothing to do with sexual preference, it's about a man & a woman!!

Bush doesn't cast every ballet so blame the American people who voted not Bush, he simply made sure everyone was aware of what was going down.

Captain daffydk

Nope I'm not Elderbear but..

Think about it, there are passages all through the bible that either command you to do crazy things, or condemn crazy things.

For example:

Don't be gettin' a Divorce!

"A wife must not leave her husband; but if she does, she must remain single or else be reconciled to her husband; and a husband must not divorce his wife. (1Co 7:10,11)"

Slavery is OK, and Slaves should be obediant!

"Slaves, obey your earthly masters with fear and trembling, in singleness of heart, as you obey Christ; not only while being watched, and in order to please them, but as slaves of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart. (Eph. 6:5-6)"

If you rape a woman, you should marry her.

"If a man find a damsel that is a virgin, which is not betrothed, and lay hold on her, and lie with her, and they be found; Then the man that lay with her shall give unto the damsel's father fifty shekels of silver, and she shall be his wife; because he hath humbled her, he may not put her away all his days. Deuteronomy 22:28-29"

Don't eat no bacon, don't eat no lobster!

"And all that have not fins and scales in the seas, and in the rivers, of all that move in the waters, and of any living thing which is in the waters, they shall be an abomination unto you: They shall be even an abomination unto you; ye shall not eat of their flesh, but ye shall have their carcases in abomination. Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you. Leviticus 11:10-12"

"Do not eat any detestable thing. These are the animals you may eat: the ox, the sheep, the goat, the deer, the gazelle, the roe deer, the wild goat, the ibex, the antelope and the mountain sheep. You may eat any animal that has a split hoof divided in two and that chews the cud. However, of those that chew the cud or that have a split hoof completely divided you may not eat the camel, the rabbit or the coney. Although they chew the cud, they do not have a split hoof; they are ceremonially unclean for you. Deuteronomy 14:3-7"

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle.

Don't have a variety of crops on the same field.

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric.

"Ye shall keep my statutes. Thou shalt not let thy cattle gender with a diverse kind: thou shalt not sow thy field with mingled seed: neither shall a garment mingled of linen and woollen come upon thee. (Leviticus 19:19)"

DO KILL PEOPLE who try to convert you to another religeon.

"If thy brother, the son of thy mother, or thy son, or thy daughter, or the wife of thy bosom, or thy friend, which is as thine own soul, entice thee secretly, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which thou hast not known, thou, nor thy fathers; Namely, of the gods of the people which are round about you, nigh unto thee, or far off from thee, from the one end of the earth even unto the other end of the earth; Thou shalt not consent unto him, nor hearken unto him; neither shall thine eye pity him, neither shalt thou spare, neither shalt thou conceal him: But thou shalt surely kill him; thine hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him with stones, that he die; because he hath sought to thrust thee away from the LORD thy God, which brought thee out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage. Deuteronomy 13:6-10"

DO KILL ENTIRE CITIES OF PEOPLE OF OTHER RELIGEONS!

" If thou shalt hear say in one of thy cities, which the LORD thy God hath given thee to dwell there, saying, Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known; Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you; Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword. Deuteronomy 13:12-15"

and also you shouldn't cut your hair or shave your beard, or charge interests on loans, and women have to cover their heads in church, and you can't eat cheeseburgers, and you shouldn't make sculptures (i.e. graven images) of living things....

it is a touchy subject here in canada. with many differant veiws and opinions. i basically feel that it should be the choice of those people involved. the state shouldnt have a say on who loves who.

Well were lucky the state doesn't dictate who you can love, simply who can marry & gain the benefits bestowed upon it.

As for Canada I don't have a problem with gay people getting married, in Canada gay couples already have all the same rights as heteralsexuals anyway.

The only issue in Canada is the "definition" of marriage, which is what they want to change to include gays & lesbians. This is totally wrong & can't be tolerated & will not be tolerated!! If gays & lesbians wish to marry then make up a new word or phrase to represent this type of relationship & grant it the same rights as marriage.

But not to worry the battle will continue for years, up here in Canada our current government doesn't even want to allow gays & lesbians the right to marry either, there not that Liberal!!

They only want the gay vote, as far as politics goes the Liberals know the gay & lesbian voters are just as stupid & gullible as the straight voters.

How do you view the passages that condemn homosexuality as in the story of Lot where they were punished by God?

Since you mention the Bible, I thought I'd bring up this concept......

In the "Last Days", the Bible says that men will be given over to a "perverse mind".

To many people, Christian or not, anything other than a pairing of man & woman is considered perversion.

I just thought that you might find that interesting.

:thinking:

How do you view the passages that condemn homosexuality as in the story of Lot where they were punished by God?

Since you mention the Bible, I thought I'd bring up this concept......

In the "Last Days", the Bible says that men will be given over to a "perverse mind".

To many people, Christian or not, anything other than a pairing of man & woman is considered perversion.

I just thought that you might find that interesting.

:thinking:

Are you telling us we are about to die? If so... WOOHOO!

It wasn't Bush motivating voters but rather the christian fundamentalists pushing Bush's buttons, after all they got him elected & he owes them, but I'm sure he was very happy to light the fire.

Actually by the overwhelming voter response I'd say it was simply the American people saying "WHAT THE F**K" marriage has nothing to do with sexual preference, it's about a man & a woman!!

Bush doesn't cast every ballet so blame the American people who voted not Bush, he simply made sure everyone was aware of what was going down.

The problem with american people is that they are too conceeded with their own religions to see that marriage is not necessarily a Christian-only practice. Gay Marriages are against the Christian beliefs, but people can get married in other places then a christian setting.

In the end.. people should finally understand that regardless of the sex of the person one loves, we are all people and we should all be given the same rights and priviledges as everyone else. Unless you commit a crime against society, in which case you should burn.

Have anyone noticed the cows in the fields? If no bull is around they from time to time climb on top of each other to "relief the tension". In jail men have sex with each other though when they are back on the streets they only go for women.

We are driven by the 3 urges: 1) eat 2)survive 3)reproduce

I think we all (animals) have a safety valve (homosexuality) in case the opposite sex is not available. The safety part is making sure the urge number 3 doesn't fill up to much of our attention span to get us killed trying to hump a tiger :D.

So I think homosexuality is a normal trait that CAN be expressed in all of us but It's not advantagous to actually choosing a mate of the same sex - your genes die with you.

So (genetically speaking) being a little gay is good for survival but being a comitted homosexual is bad for your children (do the math;)).

If the disadvantage of some individuals not rearing offspring due to homosexuality is bigger than the advantage of the "safety valve" then there wouldn't be any gays.

Of course, these thoughts ONLY count if you're looking at genes and NOT environment.

PS: Under uncivilized conditions human homosexual females would probably still get offspring due to rape (sorry, but it's true).

(yes, I'm an atheist - and straight...I think)

ok im just gonna stay out of this one.. waaaaayyyy to easy to step on someones toes in this kind of discussion and there is too much offensensitivity....dont want to offend no one...(btw i am a boy cow i am divorced have 2 head of youngin's and that is an exit not an entrance so you could say straight here)