Official - the NEW Companion for Series 30 (4)

Antilles

doctor_donna2.jpg

http://www.gallifreyone.com/news.php#newsitemEElFVpFAyEypniUUKZ

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/news/cult/news/drwho/2007/07/04/46831.shtml

Im not quite sure how to react to this news yet, i rather enjoyed Donna as The Runaway Bride but dont think I could handle her for  whole series, mind you it might be a bit of a laugh between her and Martha for the episodes theyll clash in but, Oh I dunno I was just hoping for something and somebody new and unknown. For me shes just too "Bovvered, what evva, are you direspecting me!" Itll take something special to shake off the image I have of her as the comedienne!

So with this news and Martha returning too I guess well be stuck on Earth (Cardiff) most of the time then! :(

Any more thoughts on this 'officially' announced news?

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Pretty much sums it up for me. I was hoping the woman would be struck down by some horrendous crippling illness that would both cause her interminable suffering AND stop her from being on TV, looks like the mute button will get to be used judiciously next season.

All credit to RTD though, I thought he'd picked an irritating gobby companion with Rose... clearly he wants to make sure we look back at her as a paragon of virtue.

Funny though, I keep checking my calender thinking it must be April 1st... but it's not.

Tate makes Freeman look like an Academy Award winning actress (acting wise not physical appearance). I mean Martha wasn't "bad" but she wasn't really "good" either, save for one or two episodes. Tate was alright, for the one-time-only Christmas special. It worked.

On a weekly basis though? Oh gods...please...no

lol looks like i'm going to be the lone voice on this one lol, i actually like catherine tate the 'am i bovvered' sketch is her low point but she is much funnier than the matt lucus creation in little britain that ripped of her act but hey, she is a class comedy act and although i like martha (again a lone voice it would seem) catherine will add to the comedy level of this show which mixes comedy and drama in an entertaining way.

What surprised me most about the christmas runaway bride special last year was how good that tate was considering her fame as a comedienne she embraced the drama side of the role well and yes she was an irritating woman for most of the show (who wouldn't be on their wedding day when 'everything' was going wrong) but by the end she calmed down a lot and you seen a less harsh side to her role.

Hell even if she is bad at this new role there are doctor who companions that where much much much worse in the original series'

How about this for a radical suggestion, a male companion  :thinking:

Well we did have Captaian Jack for a while...

How about a male companion who is not in any way, shape or form even slightly curious about kissing boys, let alone sleeping with them.

Seriously, how about someone without some twist or quirk or jinx in their sexuality.You now that unfashionable one called 'hetero'.

I like the Catherine Tate show, but that makes it harder for me to imagine her doing anything other than comedy. And, if she doesn't say any of her catchphrases for the whole season, I'll eat every Doctor Who book I own.

haha, yes - i'll bet that they'll add a few "am i bovered?" lines for Donna (and for The Doctor just for kicks) :D

lol well billie piper was a singer and that didn't have people saying 'being a singer makes it harder for me to imagine her doing anything else' I agree with neomaster lets see how well she does before we say she isn't any good. Personally i liked the runaway bride so she already got a good start imo.