Cybernetic Enhancements

synexo

I can't wait for the cybernetic revolution! I'll be willing to be a guinea pig, and max out a few credit cards for the privledge. I'm referring to more sophisticated enhancements than are available today, such as mind/machine interfaces, nanomachine enhanced muscles, augmented sensory systems and the like. I expect I'll have the opportunity within 20 or 30 years.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go for anything that truly is an enhancement. Some things seem like an improvement but they aren’t. E.g. a cybernetic arm - Although it may be stronger, it is less flexible, will probably have less sensation (i.e. tactile, cold/hot), I doubt it will be self healing and it will probably wont be as soft and pleasing to the eye.

In short, what seems like an enhancement has sooooo many disadvantages that it isn’t an improvement anymore.

That whole cybernetic thing is a lie. It is based on the idea that machines can be better than humans.

Doesn't anyone remember Terminator?

Your body is fine just the way it is. The reason you want cybernetic stuff is because you want power. You think cybernetic would give you power. Instead, why not get power the regular way. Work for it.

If you go do some kung fu or some king of physical exercise like rock climbing, surfing, skate boarding, sking, roller skating, roller blading. Then you read up on some books on mysticism and mental power training and how to eat and sleep right and take care of yourself. Once you do all that, you will not believe how powerful you will be.

That cybernetic stuff will make you a monster. It takes the human part of you and replaces it with lifeless metal. That doesn't even sound good or healthy.

Your body is one big organic piece like an amoeba or some single cell. You know how it has an outer covering like a plastic sack with all the goodies floating around inside? You can't go taking a knife to that sack, cut it open, stick a bunch of stuff that doesn't belong in there and then expect to still be a health human being with all their powers.

Wouldn't you rather have ESP or precognition or something like that instead of a data jack? Wouldn't you rather be like an olympic swimmer or weightlifter instead of having a metal arm? It is your choice. You should make certain you get all the information first before considering such invasive things as metal implants in your flesh and blood body.

You know, The Terminator is badass. Nothing can stop it. The Terminator gets what it wants and does what it wants. There is one thing you never see with Terminators though. Can you think of what it is?

Terminators don't have friends. If you want to be alone for the entire rest of your existence, then be a Terminator. If you want to have fun and friends and live a joyful existence, you need to be human.

with cybernetic enhancements, you still keep your soul. you are only just called a cyborg. Cybernetics are only part of medical and robotics. it one day can save lives. Would you prefer a Cybernetic Heart or a Heart clone by the science of cloning.

I'd love a little chip is my brain that (when activated) would just make

[root@leetcow leetcow]#

flash in the corner of my vision. It would make me feel cool and in control. Mostly i'd just get vision enhancements.

EDIT: You're partially right Boris. I'd only want my enhancements so that I could feel powerful. Ooh yeah.

Dunno for sure' date=' but I think I'd try a Cybernetic penis... if it ever becomes available... then again, maybe that would just turn into a hard-ship. I'll have to mull it over for a while...[/quote']

Why do that? I mean... whats the point?

Leetcow,

Sorry, it was a joke. Guess the dry humor didn't come thru well..

I figured using the word "hard-ship" in there, would have keyed in at least an incline of the link to the male member. I didn't want to get too off the wall tho, for after all, this is a family show...

I would love to be a cyborg or part cyborg it can be just like my favorite game deus ex. Heres my list of Augmentations.

Augmentation List

AugCombat - Combat Strength (Greater Melee Strength - Melee attacks are more damaging)

AugMuscle - Microfibral Muscle (Greater Lifting Strength)

AugBallistic - Ballistic Shield (Protects player from physical projectiles/weapons)

AugShield - Energy Shield (Protects player from energy projectiles/weapons)

AugCloak - Cloak (Concealment from organic entities - guards, soldiers, cops)

AugRadarTrans - Radar Transparency (Concealment from mechanical entities - bots, cameras, turrets etc)

AugHeartlung - Synthetic Heart (Upgrades performance of all augs)

AugPower - Power Recirculator (Reduces power cost of all augmentations)

AugAqualung - Player can swim better

AugHealing - Players healing rate increased

AugEnviro - Environmental Resistance

AugEMP - EMP Shield (Protects player from EMP damage)

AugTarget - Targeting (Provides info on target and increases accuracy)

AugVision - Vision Enhancement (see through walls, night vision etc)

AugDefense - Aggresive Defense System (Protects against missiles and grenades)

AugDrone - Spy Drone (player can launch a drone for reconnaisance, disabling cameras and turrets etc)

AugStealth - Player can run silently

AugSpeed - Player can run faster

Warning: Many of the Augmentations occupy the same slot (e.g. if you install the Stealth augmentation, you cannot install the Speed augmentation, and vice versa). So choose wisely. I recommend that you save your game just before using this cheat, then if you are unhappy with your choices, you can always reload your game and start over.

i'd love to have some implants. mostly vision and stuff on the inside, no big change in appearance. ya know, internet in your head, tihngs like that :D a form of memory would be nice too, would really help in school exams :p