Star Trek Legacy - Budget label

Ulysses

• 3 months later...

I was put off Legacy by all the reported bugs in the game, of which many have still not been resolved to date. So selling it off at a lower price will not gain many more customers.

I find it interesting how it came to be on 360 in the first place. That type of game doesnt really belong on console.

• 1 month later...

The game sounds a lot like Bridge Commander with nicer packaging. It sounded more like a cash cow than a serious addition to the list of star trek games made. I'm not convinced they thought this game through enough. It needed a lot more star trek in it than it got.

It is interesting that Bridge Commander, with all the modifications available on bcfiles.com, looks about as good as Legacy and most likely plays much better.

Fundamentally, the game is flawed. BROKEN. Bethesda cocked it up, epically. Their touch on Star Trek has been the touch of DEATH. Sure, Elder Scolls is great, but how can you manage to make great RPGs and say, "Let's take a great Star Trek concept and make a sh**ty game out of it"??

Encounters is stable, but unremarkable, and has a learning curve like a dead cat. Shoot stuff. Now shoot some more stuff. Great. I'll make a sandwich.

Legacy is unstable, mediocre, unbalanced and dressed up to be prettier than it is. Trek Actors. Woo. Highly detailed starships. Lovely. Batsh*t control system and a target lock that won't hold if you so much as breathe? Thanks, but I'll stick to Bridge Commander and my 10 Gigs of mods. It's more fun.

Then there's Tactical Assault and Conquest... but I'm not too keen on trying them, and with good reason.

They certainly did. The game was supposed to be good, not another Dominion Wars. I still can't believe I actually tried to play that game through to the end. Suffice it to say I never even touched Legacy and since it's no longer in stores I'll be quite happy with my BC stocked full of mods too.

You know, we could have an interesting topic about Bridge Commander and its mods, I think we'll all be interested in seeing what we all have to say about it.

I compare the vids of Legacy to my own BC experience and I agree with you that BC is better. The gameplay is realistic. The music was great too. I just love taking on a dominion dreadnought with nothing more than a k'tinga or k'vort.

'we are klingon!'

ST Armada 1

It's funny how good you can make BC look - usually the homebrew models by BC fans look better than the stock models in Legacy. In BC, you get two Klingon ships, a Romulan Warbird, two Cardassian ships and a few TNG-era Federation Starships to choose from for a quick battle mode.

I have mods that adds dozens of star systems, added functions, adds techs, like phased cloaking, new weapons, and new ships. I have ships from the Original Series and its films, TNG, DS9, Voyager and even a few ships from Enterprise. Then there are the non-canon and kitbashed ships. Future timeline vessels. Rare ships. I went from a stock of a dozen or so to have a selection of over 200 ships and dozens of locations. Not to mention - I get to duke it out with the Borg Fusion Cube; yes, the one from Star Trek Armada II. Someone was that bored, and I get to celebrate because of it. Of course, the mods eat computer memory as easily as I breathe and eat and drink, and a Fusion Cube splitting into eight borg cubes on screen has a 100% chance of crashing my game - but I have less RAM than my dreams tend to hope for.

Bridge Commander is what Legacy tried to be and failed.

• 3 weeks later...

It's funny how good you can make BC look... ...mods that adds dozens of star systems, added functions, adds techs, like phased cloaking, new weapons, and new ships. I have ships from the Original Series and its films, TNG, DS9, Voyager and even a few ships from Enterprise... ...Not to mention - I get to duke it out with the Borg Fusion Cube; yes, the one from Star Trek Armada II. Someone was that bored, and I get to celebrate because of it. Of course, the mods eat computer memory... ..and a Fusion Cube splitting into eight borg cubes on screen has a 100% chance of crashing my game - but I have less RAM than my dreams tend to hope for.

Bridge Commander is what Legacy tried to be and failed.

I thought legacy sucked balls hxc, and I love BC... I never even thought that it had a community let alone modders... I can't wait to use up my cable connection! :)

bcfiles.com will be your best friend when it comes to finding BC mods.

If the hyperlink above does not work, simply do a google search for bcfiles on the google website.

"It'll work."

Scotty, TNG season 6, 'Relics'

I highly recommend setting up our own BC mod thread so we can discuss the various mods for BC and we could even discuss how much better BC is to Legacy. Balance is generally an issue with these mods. An old connie can easily take out even Voyager. I think I even took out Scotchy's Galaxy Ent-D (it's a famous BC mod with all the galaxy class ships, sorry no saucer separation with this one). Taking out the say,  galaxy class Trinculo is tough to do with a connie because of the Trinculo's quantum torpedoes. With those quantums it hits as badly as the Prometheus. As you can see I've played quite a few games of BC modded.