new starship capabilities!

maverick

one ting which is never exploited but which could use is the weaknesses of the enemies shields.

imagine if the computer detected a wealness and beamed a few quantum topedos into say a klingon engine room.

the fireworks would be good :p

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Flush twice...

It's a long way to the galley/mess hall....

EEEWWWW!!

Not to worry... they have matter converters, and on the Enterprises, nothing is wasted...

so, eat reconsitiuted matter and die? :D

But if they recycle - then why eject the corpses?

after Wolf 359: "So....who are we having for dinner?" :p

Appart from the dice, they need some new guns.

A cool new weapon would be a transport-proton-torpedo (TPT). I got this idea from a DS9 ep where an assasin used a gun with attached transporter to stransport the bullet right in front of the target. Try to dodge that! If the starship encounters some hostiles, just transport the torpedo in their ship or (if they have their shields up) next to a weak spot.

Also, a mass driver would be pretty neat. Especially if powered by a matter/anti-matter reactor it would dump a HUGE ammount of energy in the slug which would tear through anything and buckle even the most powerfull shields.

Oh, another way to create more space on a ship would be to take out the shuttle manufacturing plant. I think almost every ship has one of those (seeing how many shuttles they keep losing, they need one). Should save a ton of space and energy.

How about some good defensive measures. More powerful weapons, faster warp drive, cloaking, all that is a good thing, but all it takes is 1 or 2 strategic(or lucky) shots, and no more power for all those high power devices. So what i think would be cool is some good counter measure devices. Decoys to fool targeting scanners and spread there firepower to the decoys instead of your ship, chaff like equivilant for torpedos, jammers for targeting systems, etc...

because if you can stay in the fight longer with less damage, you have a better chance of winning.

I'd go with faster/higher warp capabilities. Just explore the whole galaxy more faster. :o

Warp 9.99999 (some say 10) is the speed limit.

Transwarp or some other method would be needed in order to explore "more faster."

In the one TNG episode with the time anomoly, the Crusher's and Riker's ships (in the future) are capable of something like warp 14 (something greater than ten).

So, it would seem there are some contradictions in 'canon', as to whether warp 10 is some sort of peak speed to which you can only get asymptotically closer or whether the whole thing goes past 10.

All in all, meh.

well in the current trek reality 7of9 is back on earth and there

is an AWFUL lot to learn from the borg.

trans warp conduits, wellard weapons, and the computer tech would be amazing.

i cant remember much that the borg did cos i havent seen voyager for a long time

Self replicating shields, when one area is taken out the surrounding areas regenerate it. What about nannite(however you spell it) torpedo's, you can use your imagination on this one and Dell computers to operate it.

Took awhile to think of something stupid to add.

shadowspork said:

I'd go with faster/higher warp capabilities. Just explore the whole galaxy more faster. :o

Warp 9.99999 (some say 10) is the speed limit.

Transwarp or some other method would be needed in order to explore "more faster.".

dont know about cannons but it was long thought that man couldnt stand it past the speed of sound...then it was thought that the speed of light was the max limit for anything...now we are finding out that faster that light is possible.....so i wouldnt be too quick to put a warp 10 limit on anything...no matter what geordie laforge says...(even if the earth is still flat...)