[Historical] Funeral for the Forum

zgamesforu

Dear Officers,

We are gathered here today in memory of a deleted forum. She was brutaly attacked and overwritten by some malicious person. We can only pray that no other good forums befal the same dire fate.

She had many posts on her and was hosting debates and disscussions on a wide variaty of subjects. She was there from the beginning of the NiteShdw's tracker and encodes and she truely will be missed. She held Tutorials to help new encoders, she had requests to expand her fellow tracker, she helped the needy by problem solving for those who were in need.

In her last few days, she had planned a seed week and was awaiting the release of the new Enterprise episode. She would have loved to see people talk about how bad the plot was. In addition to that, she gave spawn to the great discussion on cars and ranks and others, some disscussions which still live on today in this new forum in memory of her.

I beleve she would have liked nothing more than to ensure that everyone got what they wanted, except candy, she tended to keep a lot of that to herself. She had many friends here, those who would visit her every day and talk to her for hours on end on everything she had to offer. We can only honor her memory by continuing with her successour who we have high hopes and who has already befriended many, including myself, Engineer101, VonHelton, and 355. It is our hope that her successor will live for many years to come, and grow into a vibrant community forum.

Please Join me in Saluting A Fine Forum and a Dear Friend!

I will now open the floor for stories and other euligies that others might want to offer. And the bar is now open so you can celebrate her memory in drink. :D

"When I first met 'the forum', 'she' was trying to whistle in the garden. Nothing special, for she just couldn't get the tune right." Later on, with the progress of time continuously slipping by, she whistled better and better. And now this Rose was cut of, not even near fully blossomed. Death takes its' toll on many of us. Some of us don't even realise yet that she has been brutally and abruptly taken away from us. It is with the deepest regret that I share this with you... *sigh*

But, after a moment of inactivity and uncertainty, inaccessability and despair, a new forum has risen! Its' victory is at hand!!

Life returns to the void wherein it vanished... deep regret is overcome by joy and mirth and merry voices celebrating the ascent of a new king, NiteShdw's Forum II.

Death to the hackers!

All hail the Forum! All hail NiteShdw!

Forever shall this new kingdom stand.

It shall overcome great threats, and contain great threads.

With the greatest respect, my condoleances and best wishes,

Elladan

The King is dead! LONG LIVE THE KING!

• 2 months later...

omg ...made me drop a tear even tho i never got to read anything on the old forum....dang....now i really wish i had taken the time long ago to sign up so's i could at least have read some of the brilliant posts that i know had to be on there...(lifts a cold glass of diet vanilla coke) to you old forum!!!!!!

SCARED ME A LOT - until I noticed the origin date!

Whew!

:cyclops: :cyclops: :cyclops: :cyclops: :cyclops:

Wow. Scared me quite a bit too.... hmm. Whatever happened to zgamesforu? When I first joined, he posted a lot.

Yeah, there was quite the fiasco. VH and a few others got 2000 posts down in like 2 days. I guess they felt like they needed to 'replenish' the forum!

P.S. I now run a program called "automysqlbackup' that keeps daily, weekly, AND monthly backups of the forum. So, there shouldn't be any more problems witht the forum getting deleted.