Should Niteshdw end the tracker now that Enterprise is over?

synexo

I think he shouldn't take any unneccesary risks, he should deffently close down the tracker if he feels the need too. Although i would like to still be able to use it in someway :P i've really found this site to be a new home, the forum should stay open no matter what!!! and new possibilities for the community to share should be explored. But above all we should make sure Niteshdw does not get in any trouble, I would feel REALLY terrible if he was sued.

Nite has done a tremendous service to all by providing this tracker and forum, as evidenced by the enormous amount of users this site has attracted. I, for one will stand behind any decision he makes, especially if it is one for self-preservation.

If it had not been for his efforts, I would have never been able to enjoy Enterprise... And to know there were many more people that had an interest in it as well.

'Nuff said, starting to sound like a funeral

ALL HAIL NITESHDW!

yes, look at the stats of these two days... new records are being broken every hour... nite's encode has already more than a 1000 peers..

new users last 24 hours: 1000........

Let's prey that our great niteshdw stays out of the spotlights.

_O_ Hail Niteshdw _O_ :P

yes, look at the stats of these two days... new records are being broken every hour... nite's encode has already more than a 1000 peers..

new users last 24 hours: 1000........

Let's prey that our great niteshdw stays out of the spotlights.

_O_ Hail Niteshdw _O_ :P

Yes, just noticed that as well.

I'll keep good thoughts that everything goes well...

Sorry to tell you this folks, but ST ain't the only sci-fi in town... In fact, it is here that we find the best collection of sci-fi series and films. If you guys want to shut down, it'll make me sad but I'll understand.

Somehow, there should be a better way than having to chose between closing the site or being sued.

I'm fed up of thinking that I do something wrong when I download BT. It is they who are behind the times! I am a potential costumer not a thief!

Have you guys looked at the unrealtorrents encodes' date=' over 1000 seeders and over 6000 leechers. NiteShdw seems small by those amounts. But that's good, small= low profile = no bad guys harrasing Nite.[/quote']

The MPAA does not seem to be concerned with size. Scifi-classics.net is one of the six sites being sued and they are "a very small torrent site, and looking at the home page one would think the site is virtually dead (considering the last news update was in 2004.) However, the forums are quite active, with copious torrents tucked inside. Scifi's tracker is still online." (From Slyk News.com) null

As well, Niteshdw is not the only one taking a risk by keeping the tracker up although it is certainly the biggest risk.

Should Niteshdw be successfully sued the MPAA will have this websites logs and then every member who is a heavy uploader (at least the ones in the U.S. and England), will face potential lawsuits. The Lokitorrent website owner was successfully sued for 1 Million Dollars. This to me is reason enough for Niteshdw to end the tracker now while there is still time. If the tracker was in Sweden or China or some other Country where filesharing is still legal it would be a different story, but a tracker in the U.S. is just asking to be sued.

you know , I voted no but thats because the poll did not have the choice that I would have chosen .I would have voted yes but only if Nite feels that he is in danger .He is after all the one taking the biggest risk.

I would like to thank Nite for his wonderful site and the hard work that he has put into it . Should he decide to close down the torrents I would hope that he leave the forum up.

I would hope also that the MPAA realise that thier crusade is merely going to hurt them in the long run .We are in a generation that now spends a much larger chunk of its time on the computer .It is an alternative that has already caused the decline in television ratings .At least with TV torrents people that have missed a chunk of a series can catch up and then watch the series on TV with out bieng clueless as to what is going on .The MPAA is so far behind the curve that they may very will find themselves in the way of the DODO Bird - extinct

You know guys, I didn't know it was that dangerous for NiteShdw (BTW guy, awsome site, awsome files, you rule!). I mean why would they go for him now that the show is over and not while it was airing? well, if he didn't stop till now because of the heat, while the show is on TV, why would he want to stop now that it's off. I mean he sent out that message requesting seeders for ds9 since nothing survived. he wants Trek to live on. this means something to NiteShdw (means a lot to us, too, I imagine). I'm not saying I think he should get sued for a million $. if his quitting this will save him then he should do it, but it's his decision. Did he say, "Gee I want to quit this?"

Also, let's say he quits tomorrow, does that make any difference at all for him if he were sued in the near future? I said this before, I'm not really familiar with laws, dangers, and "escape pods" out of this business. so does it make a difference in court or does it just make it less likely those fat cats will hear about him?

god this is depressing, sorry everyone.... :rolleyes:

But, 18 is legal here so i'm going to take the car and buy some beer, and maybe by the time I get back I can watch the final two episodes and drink my beer

Look guys, Nite won't get into any trouble. Switching to being Mirc-based is a very good idea, but resorting to it should come later... not now.

There are plenty of new things for Nite to do, so closing down this site is not a very appealing prospect to me.

1.) Nite should do whatever he feels like doing, with no obligation to us. He's done enough.

2.) There will always be files available, though perhaps not Nite's versions.

3.) If Nite leaves, we'll all miss him, and thi site, but this is a privilege, and Nite's safety is the right.

Should we have sympathy for Niteshdw' date=' or let him take all the risk so we can have all the fun?[/quote']

I don't want the tracker to go down, but i think it is up to niteshdw himself, weather he wants to take the risk or not.

as hard as it may be to admit, I would much rather have him shut down the tracker and not get in trouble, as long as he kept the forums alive, since joining this site I feel I have gained another familly......one that feels the same way that I do about SCI-FI one that won't make fun of me or laugh at me and call me childish.............