Enterprise Demons - A Coincidence?

elderbear

So I'm catching up with the end of Enterprise. I start watching "Demons" and who do I see standing up, addressing the delegates forming the UFP? The mayor of Sunnydale (from Buffy the Vampire Slayer) who became a demon himself ...

Coincidence?

:o :o :o :o :o

(That's the 3rd Buffy character to show up in Star Trek ... perhaps we really can look forward to a new series: Star Trek: Klingon Vampires

:o :o :o :o :o

yes, the new versions of the klingons will be played by a million clonesd of sarah michell gellar!!!!.....id like to see either a ferengi or betazoid vampire lol...

Good Lord one of her is bad enough....................

yes' date=' the new versions of the klingons will be played by a million clonesd of sarah michell gellar!!!!.....id like to see either a ferengi or betazoid vampire lol... [/quote']

Good Lord one of her is bad enough....................

One is the perfect number for her. I can't believe how young my daughter was when I first let her watch Buffy. I figured the strong "girls kick ass" (yet vulnerable) role model was worth the scary stuff. Besides, we knew how to stop nighmares before they started.

Coincidences abound' date=' or are they private jokes to us who watch too much sci-fi (whatever too much is)[/quote']

No such thing as "too much sci-fi" (just like no such thing as "too much garlic" in food - unless you're a vampire, perhaps!)

August 19, 1921 - Eugene Roddenberry born.

August 19, 1946 - William Jefferson Clinton born.

Coincidence?

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

There are more than 6 billion people on this planet - and just 365 possible birthdays ;)

There are more than 6 billion people on this planet - and just 365 possible birthdays ;)

:deliberately obtuse:

Your point?

:thinking:

It's nothing unusual two people share the same birthday ;)

[x] coincidence

It's nothing unusual two people share the same birthday ;)

[x] coincidence

There is the possibility of a meaningful correlation had a particular coincidence been predicted by theory. Instead, I just picked another birthday out of the list of people born on that date from Wikipedia. It would have been pretty unnatural had I NOT found somebody significant sharing Gene's birthday.

NOTE: 1960 - Sputnik program: The Soviet Union launches Sputnik 5 with the dogs Belka and Strelka (Russian for "Squirrel" and "Little Arrow"), 40 mice, 2 rats and a variety of plants. The spacecraft returned to earth the next day and all animals were recovered safely. On Gene Roddenberry's birthday, AND in the year I was born!

Gawd, I love playing the devil's advocate - or would that be trolling?

:o :p :cyclops: