elderbear may not have been wrong boris

maverick

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get it. Did I miss something?

If people can handle the conversation, I will discuss anything. Don't hide on my account.

If you have to protect the weak by not having conversations, I don't like it but I can accept it.

Thanks. I don't find a lot of what has been going on over the past month or so that funny though. This has to stop somewhere.

A bit of 'leisurely' fun is quite okay for me, but I agree people shouldn't exaggerate. That's what the forum rules are for, but it seems quite a few people tend to ignore them and continue to try to provoke 'incidents' and aggravation. I used to be bothered by it as well, now I just tend to ignore all that and continue as if those posts/threads were not there. This example here is real minor in comparison to some other posts/threads I've read.

I don't get it. Did I miss something?

If people can handle the conversation, I will discuss anything. Don't hide on my account.

If you have to protect the weak by not having conversations, I don't like it but I can accept it.

Protecting the "weak" is important. But that's not the point here. While a bit of chaos and direct confrontation can serve to build community, An argument that degenerates into ad hominem attacks, sarcasm, and contempt degrades the participants and lowers the community standards. It does nobody any favors.

Heated discussion - arguments about ideas - these are all envivifying. Sarcasm and name-calling invoke the Law of Threefold Return: It damages the speaker, it (can) harm the target (at least on some level), and it damages the community. It sure as blazes doesn't model the ideals we space faring SF folks have seen set forth in the shows we love.

Boris, you've proven that you don't need my protection, or anybody else's. You can stand on your own two feet and give as well as you get. But with a hundred or so of us participating here, I'm looking forward to us all standing on our own 200+ feet and connecting, respecting the diversity among us, respecting the essential humanity.

Guest c4evap
a bit like going to your local bar and seein a fight every night when all you want is a quiet beer and a chat

(romeo done)

This is how bar fights get started...

c4 :p :p :p

a bit like going to your local bar and seein a fight every night when all you want is a quiet beer and a chat

(romeo done)

are you the piano player in every western i ever saw??? :D :D

Guest c4evap

(romeo done)

are you the piano player in every western i ever saw??? :D :D

I sure hope not...those are usually men.

c4 :p

Hehe, C4evap: in todays highly womanized (or rather..becomming) world, stating something like that could cause an angry mob of ultra-militant feminists to come after you with torches :D :D

(Just teasing)

but seriously..women can...BUT I'd rather not see women that depraved and pathethic just because...it's bad enough with shabby guys =)

Hehe, C4evap: in todays highly womanized (or rather..becomming) world, stating something like that could cause an angry mob of ultra-militant feminists to come after you with torches :D :D

(Just teasing)

but seriously..women can...BUT I'd rather not see women that depraved and pathethic just because...it's bad enough with shabby guys =)

i havent had a fight since school.

am pretty big so people just avoid. sometimes tho when ur really in a bad mood you go out for a beer and think that if someone called you a sissy it would feel like xmas.

still that never happened either.

I think it's meant as a 'funny' aftermath of the following 'closed' thread.

I never forget anything. I can pick up a month old conversation and remember exactly what was goin on.

People doubt what I said in the thread in the link above. It was about masturbation or gay making people crippled.

I have read the replies in this thread. People seem to think I am stirring up trouble. I acknowledge my ideas are controversial. They are also helpful. I don't know what to say to people. I cannot stop those that react strongly to what I say.

If nurse injects a child for measles, the child screams. The nurse, the parents, everyone agrees that the child needs the shot whether it screams or not. I feel that people need to know reality whether they scream or not. Why am I bad, but nurses and parents are good, for the exact same thing?

I said you will get crippled from masturbation or gay sex. I am not bringing this up to cause trouble. I am bringing it up to prove to you that I am a good person helping and not a bad person causing trouble.

This picture is of Marilyn Manson, a rockstar. I believe this man has publicly admitted his homosexuality. Any of you, with your own two eyes, can see that one side of his face is about 8 inches tall, while the other side is about 3 inches tall.

Yes his head is tilted. That is not the reason for the shortness. His head is tilted because the support for that side of the head is shorter than the support for the tall side of the head.

Look at his tongue. The tongue sticking out like that is another symptom. It is no accident his tongue is hanging out like that.

MarilynManson.jpg

Just like with the alien thread, I got loads of these pictures to show you. I am not making things up to cause trouble. It is just like learning to spot good vegetables at the market. It might take you 6 months to learn to spot good apples from rotten ones. But you keep at it. It might take you 6 months to learn to see what I do in these photos. In the end you will learn to see just like learning to see good apples.