elderbear may not have been wrong boris

maverick

I'm rather glad you edited that from the previous post there Boris. It shows that you have realised the first content was a little out of place and somewhat (I feel) posted rashly and angrily in the heat of the moment.

You claim to be a scientist and have a scientific mind, and by editing your previous posts you have gone some way in the direction of proving to me you do have those kinds of qualities.

But if you want an intellectual discussion, you must first prove that you are worthy of such things, not only to other people but to yourself. The first step of the itellectual is not to fire all guns blazing, or do you really want to be compared to G.W. Bush, a man that does just that - without thinking?

The first step of the scientist/intellectual is to evaluate not to set fire to things, not to rant and to rave. To approach things calmly and cooly, to approach things with a certain logical detachment - no matter what /anyone/ says.

The question is, can you do that?

Because calling people fools would not be the first words out of Steven Hawkings' mouth, nor out of the mouth of Plato or Artistottle or Leonardo DaVinci...if you can refrain from an angry response, then you'll prove certainly to me, you're more of a scientist than a 'rocket' scientist.

Because at the moment, I still /see/ those harsh words and anger there, which does nothing to convince me otherwise.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am so gutted

i'm gay and never knew

well i have only 5 teeth left

Guys leave boris alone and let him meander on with his life

eventually he will seek counselling and find out the truth

alas one will not hear until one is ready to listen

Boris if you live in england there are some great counselling services that are free

live in peace mate

you are schitzo

I am really angry. I come here last night and find elderbear calling me nuts. Then patronizing me and giving me advice on how to live my life.

You people are hypocrites. If any one of you looked thru these threads, you would see 10's of posts talking smack about me. Then when I give one of these rude people a kick back for their rudeness, I am the bad guy.

If you don't want to be kicked, don't kick me. I have never called anyone moron, or stupid, or nuts, or schizo. I could care less about your personal situation. If you are fat, ugly, have halitosis or a bad haircut, I DON"T CARE!!!!!!

I only care about information transfer. If you are one of those people who are unequipped for intelluctual discussion, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM ME.

If you want to trade personal insights and personal insults, you need to go to the forums at the FOX news station. That is who trained you, that is where you belong.

dont misquote me.

for everyone else, please go and read what i actually wrote.

borisp play nice :mad:

i certainly would not suggest you are schitzo either. but i would suggest that when you look at these picturse an emotional response is provoked. and you project your feelings on to the person in the photograph.

i would suggest finding the root of your feelings dude. with the greatest respect.

afterall, without feelings life wouldnt be very much fun. imagine life without emotion.

good luck borisp

i hope this clears things up for everyone.

the last edit of this post was today.

i hr before borisp's post.

ok. all done in here.

borisp you wanna continue start a thread or pm me. btw this is the third thread to go down due to crossed words from you

BorisP, I'm sorry if we hurt your feelings. Yes, I am concerned that some of your activity shows symptoms of one clinical condition or another. Now that I've been honest with my concern, you can get mad, or you can prove me wrong by your behavior. Even if you get mad, please observe the posting rules. Much of the time, you do a better job of it than your detractors (something I pointed out earlier in this thread). This time, I think not - which makes me think that you really felt hurt. I chose not to delete or edit your content to bring it in compliance with the rules.

You were obviously upset enough to read an opposite meaning into Maverick's post - so I added context to your quote of him. And your follow up post violated the courtesy rule in a number of places, but I chose to let it remain. We all need to realize that our words have consequences - and that sometimes those can be hurtful.

I hope that anybody who chooses to respond will do so with grace, elegance, courtesy, civility, and respect.

Yeah, great job Elderbear. It's a relief to see a forum moderator take his position so seriouslly, at MODERATING, instead of policing, and deleting posts, witch is generally the standard in other forums I've been a part of, I like run on sentences :P

Everybody, a round of applause for Mister Elderbear, and his Hat of Fairness.

Thanks guys! I feel warm all over - and no, it's not the incontinence of the aged!!!

:)

I am trying to learn to "moderate" instead of "police." It's an interesting experience. Perhaps I'll write an article about it someday.

And thanks to BorisP, for continuing to give us a different perspective. We who don't agree with him receive a gift every time he posts, reminding us that we need to be constantly vigilant about 1) how we see the world (it may not BE what we think it is, and 2) how we treat those who see and experience it differently.

That hard to do - at least for me, and I keep struggling with it. It's easier to mock, deny, and ignore different perspectives.

Yeah, great job Elderbear. It's a relief to see a forum moderator take his position so seriouslly, at MODERATING, instead of policing, and deleting posts, witch is generally the standard in other forums I've been a part of, I like run on sentences :P

Everybody, a round of applause for Mister Elderbear, and his Hat of Fairness.

I rather thought my own post to Boris was quite fair and civil as well ;)

*applauds elderbear*

The only time I'll delete something is when it's in direct violation of an AUP. But since I tend to Moderate the Dr. Who forums with tin, here is ground that I can Moderate if I wanted, but that's ebear's job.

Yes, I am concerned that some of your activity shows symptoms of one clinical condition or another. Now that I've been honest with my concern, you can get mad, or you can prove me wrong by your behavior.

I need to prove my behavior? I don't think so. You are confusing me with your children.

The balance of the relationship has shifted. Instead of viewing me as an adult, an equal, or someone with new knowledge, your tone indicates you have decided I am a lesser person. Why would an equal have to prove anything to you?

You mistake my emotional outbursts as fitting the theories of your cokehead buddy. This leads you to believe that the things I say must be wrong. You think it is impossible to know things and be emotional simultaneously.

You are wrong.

I have explained numerous times that I act the way I do on purpose. I could explain why but I am afraid it would go right over your head. Your cokehead buddies theories would tell you that I am wrong and delusional. You would want to tell me why I really should accept the ravings of a cokehead for my own good. And you would be so sincere and nice about it I would look like an ogre when I had to shove you back.

If I was like you, I would make up some kind of personal observation about why I think you are the way you are. I have sit here and 5 times tried to write something about how some authoritative figure says you are sick according to their theories. I can't do it. It is not me.

I can kick people senseless if I am angry. I am mean. But to pretend I am a friend to someone, then, when the other person lets their guard down and opens up, to insert some kind of psycholgical poison about how the person is sick in the head? And they should believe me because I am their friend? I am shaking myself like a dog because the thought is so disgusting it gives me the willies.

Yes, I am concerned that some of your activity shows symptoms of one clinical condition or another. Now that I've been honest with my concern, you can get mad, or you can prove me wrong by your behavior.

I need to prove my behavior? I don't think so. You are confusing me with your children.

The balance of the relationship has shifted. Instead of viewing me as an adult, an equal, or someone with new knowledge, your tone indicates you have decided I am a lesser person. Why would an equal have to prove anything to you?

You mistake my emotional outbursts as fitting the theories of your cokehead buddy. This leads you to believe that the things I say must be wrong. You think it is impossible to know things and be emotional simultaneously.

You are wrong.

I have explained numerous times that I act the way I do on purpose. I could explain why but I am afraid it would go right over your head. Your cokehead buddies theories would tell you that I am wrong and delusional. You would want to tell me why I really should accept the ravings of a cokehead for my own good. And you would be so sincere and nice about it I would look like an ogre when I had to shove you back.

If I was like you, I would make up some kind of personal observation about why I think you are the way you are. I have sit here and 5 times tried to write something about how some authoritative figure says you are sick according to their theories. I can't do it. It is not me.

I can kick people senseless if I am angry. I am mean. But to pretend I am a friend to someone, then, when the other person lets their guard down and opens up, to insert some kind of psycholgical poison about how the person is sick in the head? And they should believe me because I am their friend? I am shaking myself like a dog because the thought is so disgusting it gives me the willies.

I'm sorry if that hurt - it wasn't intended to. Prove me wrong - I don't mean by doing something special - just by your quality of being here. I'd like to be wrong. I know how painful and difficult it can be to suffer from a clinical condition. I have intimate knowledge. I'd prefer to be wrong. For the pain I caused you, I apologize. I keep forgetting how much this electronic communication screws up relationships. I'll bet if I knew you in meatspace I would never have even thought of that.

Guest c4evap
Hey' date=' heres an idea. Lets NOT keep making new threads dedicated to flaming BorisP. We can make one thread, called "Flame BorisP Here" and we can all post in there. [/quote']

Why don't we all just get throwing-up, falling down drunk instead???

12pack_boris.jpg

My treat...

c4 ;)

Guest c4evap
hey everybody the beers are on c4.

woohoo, lets party

One mofo beer for everybody. First come first served.

EDIT: Hey, you changed your avatar...cool.

c4 :p

Guest c4evap
Look at the imbalance of George W. in BorisP's signature - what does that tell us about George W's partners (or lack thereof0?

Bet they're unsatisfied. I know I would be... ;)

c4 :p

its true!!

i see the imbalance, he is leaning to one side which shows traits of selfishness, idiocy and .......a funny accent. not to mention an iq which looks more like my shoe size and an astounding lack of knowledge regarding the geography of the middle east.

cor blimey, it works!!!