maverick

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

pose

v. posed, pos·ing, pos·es

v. intr.

1. To assume or hold a particular position or posture, as in sitting for a portrait.

2. To affect a particular mental attitude.

3. To represent oneself falsely; pretend to be other than what one is.

in all fairness borisp its time to see some evidence.

you kep stating things like theyre facts. a proportion of this group are scientists in their own right and require some kind of proof to back up these claims that you make.

as for throwing stuff in to the mix to shake thing up, fine. it makes a good debate.

i dont want to appear to be the guy who is attacking you so please back up your claims with evidence.

You want to shake things up' date=' people are far too tolerant...I'd have banned him by now on the other forums I am at. [/quote']

I've said it before - and I'll say it again - "Insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results." In this case, continuing to do the same thing that others have done. If an ideological position offends you - then sometimes it's safest to ignore it.

1) I'm killing a few posts here for failing the "courtesy" test based on the posting rules. You may be highly sceptical of points presented on the forums - but please don't stoop to being discourteous.

2) If I lock this thread, it will probably be because of the RESPONSE to BorisP, not his posts. Boris has demonstrated that he can resist sinking to the level of some of his detractors for a while. Let's all practice toleration - even if in an argumentative way. Boris is a human, and deserving of respect - while his opinions may not merit your consideration, HE does.

At present I have no plans to lock the thread - but I will (at least temporarily) if enough posts ignore the courtesy and/or family-friendly rules!

Seek for understanding (not necessarily agreement), don't try to score ego-points!!! And don't feed the trolls ... (and by troll, I mean anybody who hasn't the discipline to adhere to the posting rules)

Just like with the alien thread, I got loads of these pictures to show you. I am not making things up to cause trouble. It is just like learning to spot good vegetables at the market. It might take you 6 months to learn to spot good apples from rotten ones. But you keep at it. It might take you 6 months to learn to see what I do in these photos. In the end you will learn to see just like learning to see good apples.

:sigh: Please don't. I'm not interested in seeing just like you. I'll respect that you see that way and let it go. I'd rather spend my energy picking out good vegetables!

B)

You want to shake things up' date=' people are far too tolerant...I'd have banned him by now on the other forums I am at. [/quote']

I've said it before - and I'll say it again - "Insanity is continuing to do the same thing and expecting different results." In this case, continuing to do the same thing that others have done. If an ideological position offends you - then sometimes it's safest to ignore it.

1) I'm killing a few posts here for failing the "courtesy" test based on the posting rules. You may be highly sceptical of points presented on the forums - but please don't stoop to being discourteous.

2) If I lock this thread, it will probably be because of the RESPONSE to BorisP, not his posts. Boris has demonstrated that he can resist sinking to the level of some of his detractors for a while. Let's all practice toleration - even if in an argumentative way. Boris is a human, and deserving of respect - while his opinions may not merit your consideration, HE does.

At present I have no plans to lock the thread - but I will (at least temporarily) if enough posts ignore the courtesy and/or family-friendly rules!

Seek for understanding (not necessarily agreement), don't try to score ego-points!!! And don't feed the trolls ... (and by troll, I mean anybody who hasn't the discipline to adhere to the posting rules)

I'm wholehartedly behind you here. I don't see the need to ban someone just because he does not think the same way about things the majority does. As long as there is no serious inconveniance to anybody and no seriously offensive behaviour, nobody should be banned. Of course these thing can be subjective, but I'm sure Elderbear will try to remain as objective as he has been before.

You will of course note that I do ignore it, have you yet seen me reply to anyone like BorisP with an inflammatory or derogatory remark?

I am not asking for Boris to be banned, just stating an opinion of mine. I am continually impressed by the level of tolerance, which is probably one of the reasons I have stuck around these forums much more than any of the others.

I too need to learn that tolerance, so in that elder will set a fine example.

I think it's meant as a 'funny' aftermath of the following 'closed' thread.

I never forget anything. I can pick up a month old conversation and remember exactly what was goin on.

People doubt what I said in the thread in the link above. It was about masturbation or gay making people crippled.

I have read the replies in this thread. People seem to think I am stirring up trouble. I acknowledge my ideas are controversial. They are also helpful. I don't know what to say to people. I cannot stop those that react strongly to what I say.

If nurse injects a child for measles, the child screams. The nurse, the parents, everyone agrees that the child needs the shot whether it screams or not. I feel that people need to know reality whether they scream or not. Why am I bad, but nurses and parents are good, for the exact same thing?

I said you will get crippled from masturbation or gay sex. I am not bringing this up to cause trouble. I am bringing it up to prove to you that I am a good person helping and not a bad person causing trouble.

This picture is of Marilyn Manson, a rockstar. I believe this man has publicly admitted his homosexuality. Any of you, with your own two eyes, can see that one side of his face is about 8 inches tall, while the other side is about 3 inches tall.

Yes his head is tilted. That is not the reason for the shortness. His head is tilted because the support for that side of the head is shorter than the support for the tall side of the head.

Look at his tongue. The tongue sticking out like that is another symptom. It is no accident his tongue is hanging out like that.

MarilynManson.jpg

Just like with the alien thread, I got loads of these pictures to show you. I am not making things up to cause trouble. It is just like learning to spot good vegetables at the market. It might take you 6 months to learn to spot good apples from rotten ones. But you keep at it. It might take you 6 months to learn to see what I do in these photos. In the end you will learn to see just like learning to see good apples.

Marylin Manson has had a long list of female "friends", his head is infact one of the most symetrical faces in show biz. To put ones tongue out in a picture is something over 3 billion people have done are you saying they are Homosexuals. And an equal amount of people have tilted their heads in a picture..

It is not very nice to put down former child actors.

Seeing thing in pictures just like russel crowe in a beutiful mind... (not saying you are schitzo or nothing, just observing..)

My suggestion to you isfrom now on ask a question and respond with a new question. that way they can proove your point instead of responding with non-friendly remarks.

;)

I think it's meant as a 'funny' aftermath of the following 'closed' thread.

I said you will get crippled from masturbation or gay sex. I am not bringing this up to cause trouble. I am bringing it up to prove to you that I am a good person helping and not a bad person causing trouble.

This picture is of Marilyn Manson, a rockstar. I believe this man has publicly admitted his homosexuality. Any of you, with your own two eyes, can see that one side of his face is about 8 inches tall, while the other side is about 3 inches tall.

Yes his head is tilted. That is not the reason for the shortness. His head is tilted because the support for that side of the head is shorter than the support for the tall side of the head.

Look at his tongue. The tongue sticking out like that is another symptom. It is no accident his tongue is hanging out like that.

MarilynManson.jpg

Seeing thing in pictures just like russel crowe in a beutiful mind... (not saying you are schitzo or nothing, just observing..)

;)

i certainly would not suggest you are schitzo either. but i would suggest that when you look at these picturse an emotional response is provoked. and you project your feelings on to the person in the photograph.

i would suggest finding the root of your feelings dude. with the greatest respect.

afterall, without feelings life wouldnt be very much fun. imagine life without emotion.

good luck borisp

nice hidden put down there captain, it is clear that great things await any ship under your command.

Petty Officer Jawa Reporting for duty... :rolleyes:

ur gonna have to explain that one dude.

it wasnt my intention to put anyone down

Moderator NOTE: Quote is lifted out of context. Full context has been added in red:

i certainly would not suggest you are schitzo either.

I am really angry. I come here last night and find elderbear calling me nuts. Then patronizing me and giving me advice on how to live my life.

You people are hypocrites. If any one of you looked thru these threads, you would see 10's of posts talking smack about me. Then when I give one of these rude people a kick back for their rudeness, I am the bad guy.

If you don't want to be kicked, don't kick me. I have never called anyone moron, or stupid, or nuts, or schizo. I could care less about your personal situation. If you are fat, ugly, have halitosis or a bad haircut, I DON"T CARE!!!!!!

I only care about information transfer. If you are one of those people who are unequipped for intelluctual discussion, PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM ME.

If you want to trade personal insights and personal insults, you need to go to the forums at the FOX news station. That is who trained you, that is where you belong.