What was the first game that you ever played or bought?

dingding100

Going through the thread "What was the latest game that you've bought?" and noticed a lot of ppl remembering the first game bought or dl'd. Thought that I'd start this thread. Hope I'm not reinventing the wheel here...

My first console game played was pong, (no s*&t, really). Then I remember Atari 2600 and a game that had something to do with Knights and castles being in the four corners of the screen and you had to launch stuff at your opponents.

As for on a computer, that would have to be Lunar Lander. I still suk at that game on the Commodore 64. My favoutrite on the 386 wuz Impossible Mission.

Stay awhile...STAY FOREVER!!!!!!

As for my first downloaded, that would be on a Bulltien Board getting "Alone in the Dark" two weeks before it even came out. It was soooo kewl!

Ah, I'm getting nostalgic. Time to go put on Doctor Who and crack open a beer...

Ninteno Entertainment System (NES) when it was brand new in Sweden and it included Super Mario Bros!

However I believe the very first game I bought after that (which sort of becomes "THE FIRST" actual game I bough) was Megaman (i.e. Rockman) because it was also brand new!

Ah...

The days of Uridium and Paradroid!

Memories of good quality gaming times!

To be honest I think Paradroid for sheer playability is one of the best games on all platforms, even surpassing alot of todays games in that department, braybrook and jeff minter certainly pushed the 8 - bit machines to there max, something that is now lacking in gaming now.

Not to mention some execellent tunes the C64 had like the loader for sanxion

I can't remeber which game i played first but i can remember playing wolfenstein 3d when i was 8 or 7...

My parents probably thought that shooting nazi's was a good education....

Loved the game.... but i can remember being very scared sometimes..... :P

Ah...

The days of Uridium and Paradroid!

Memories of good quality gaming times!

To be honest I think Paradroid for sheer playability is one of the best games on all platforms, even surpassing alot of todays games in that department, braybrook and jeff minter certainly pushed the 8 - bit machines to there max, something that is now lacking in gaming now.

Not to mention some execellent tunes the C64 had like the loader for sanxion

Paradroid was a really fun, simple and mind-bogglingly addictive game!

I agree that Andrew Braybrook and Jeff Minter defintely pushed the frontiers of gaming, along with David Braben and Ian Bell.

I remember as well: Combat on the old Atari, that game was a blast!

pong too!!

thing is it was a present your dad buys for himself so i didnt play much until he took it back cos it was boring.

then he bought a toy gun which he took back because it was a bit dangerous for a 6 yr old. he demonstrated this very well by playing with it himself for ages.

anyhoo.....

the first game iiiiiiiis (drum roll)

manic miner for the zx spectrum 48k. the on with rubber keys.

man that was cool, i had the cheats and everything.

superjump and unlimited lives if you get killed is funny. you just keep going.

so there it is

Descent - my first and favourite game today

it's a shame that a lot of these old games are now incompatible with the latest computers.

You can get alot of emulators such as mame which i think are normally free to download.

Pong, on a sophisticated box that had switches to change ball speed, shorten or lengthen paddles, or allow/disallow wilder angles. 2 PLAYERS EVEN! Of course, I got the master control, and I knew how to just barely nudge the paddle button so that a ball could miss, in need, without being seen. MUHAHAHAHA!