If we had a Starship, what would we name it?

BorisP

I'd name it.......

anything other than USS anything since that extension is obviously american.... and because something different than "USS BLAH" would be better.

How about the

IES [in Earth's Service]

Planetarium

Just so long as it's not IES Pentium!!!

:p

lol! B)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

USS AngryPenis. I like that! Especially with Elderbears.

AngryPenis ...... ENGAGE! ;)

Really though. I got the best name in the world that will get us all kinds of fans for our new Sci Fi show.

USS Rodenberry.

He is pretty much the guy that got us all started right? Although you know what? I was watching Fireball XL5? And they have a scottish engineer in one episode. I wonder if that is where the idea from Scotty came from?

He, he... The USS Microsoft...

A ship, that looks like federal vessel so that you let it get close, but when you do, it behaves like a borg ship - it send the software and the hardware on your ship, and when you get it INSTALLED all your machines goes mad and eventually fals appart before the time to decomission your ship has come... :D :D :D Nice ship, no doubt...

Reminds me of a joke from Windows 3.0 days:

Q: What's the difference between Windows and a computer virus?

A: The virus actually does something!

Actually, now that you say, it reminds me of a short fan story called "Star trek meets Microsoft"... Have you ever read it? Damn funny!!! If you haven't I could send it to you over a PM! :)

And, hendo001, why not "Internet explorer"? :D :D It would be a ship to which emergency full stops occur all the time and a systems break down is something usual... And when it gets back to normal, the main computer is cheeky enough to ask the captain weather he likes or not it to send a message about the software error (the encountered problem during operations, blah, blah, blah...) to the Command... If the captain is stupid enough to say "SEND REPORT", in few months the Command will release new emprovements for his ship's software that will make the "emergency breakdowns" occur more often, be more hard to fix and taking place in the most tense moments... :) Cool name! :D

And' date=' [b']hendo001[/b], why not "Internet explorer"? :D :D It would be a ship to which emergency full stops occur all the time and a systems break down is something usual... And when it gets back to normal, the main computer is cheeky enough to ask the captain weather he likes or not it to send a message about the software error (the encountered problem during operations, blah, blah, blah...) to the Command... If the captain is stupid enough to say "SEND REPORT", in few months the Command will release new emprovements for his ship's software that will make the "emergency breakdowns" occur more often, be more hard to fix and taking place in the most tense moments... :) Cool name! :D

Don't forget that its shields are vulnerable to just about any alien race that wishes to board the ship, reprogram the central computer core, release epidemics upon the crew, and steal vital security codes ...

That does it! I vote for the IES Firefox! I'm sorry, NiteShdw, but the IES Opera sounds like something off a Queen CD ... But the IES Wagner sounds kinda impressive! Just think, we could just open a com link to an oponent, and have a bunch of large chested ladies shriek out some Teutonic Kriegmusik that would leave the enemy quailing, impotent, and vulnerable. Then we let the Valkyrie shuttles fly ...

# EDIT: Meanwhile, a couple other names percolated into consciousness:

* The Quan Yin

* You thought there'd be more? At this hour of the morning!

:p